Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Free Video Streaming on the $30 Walmart Plan?

Feedback Score
    How very "un carrier", if this were Verizon or AT&T people would be going nuts demanding an explanation.

Feedback Score
    I received this from TMobile via the TMobile Community support forum -

"Binge On for your plan won't include free streaming, but it will provide additional compression to your web helping save your high speed allotment! You can learn more here https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24291#subhead2

-Lauren"

Interesting since another TMobile page says this -

"Simply Prepaid™ plan

With Simply Prepaid from T-Mobile, you get 4G LTE data, unlimited talk, and unlimited text for as little as $40 per month. Simply Prepaid includes Wi-Fi Calling, in-flight texting, Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (tethering), Binge On, and Visual Voicemail. Plus, with unlimited data on our network, you'll never see data overage fees."

And the Walmart plan is a Simply Prepaid plan.

The link she gives says nothing about special compression - you either have Binge On or you don't.

Device(s)
    Wind $15 Talk&Text AITF, TMo $30 Walmart 5GB, R+ 3k-3k-3k
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, WindMo, R+
    Feedback Score
    watched a couple shows on netflix on two occasions and both showed no data usage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1776 View Post
    I received this from TMobile via the TMobile Community support forum -

"Binge On for your plan won't include free streaming, but it will provide additional compression to your web helping save your high speed allotment! You can learn more here https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24291#subhead2

-Lauren"

Interesting since another TMobile page says this -

"Simply Prepaid plan

With Simply Prepaid from T-Mobile, you get 4G LTE data, unlimited talk, and unlimited text for as little as $40 per month. Simply Prepaid includes Wi-Fi Calling, in-flight texting, Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (tethering), Binge On, and Visual Voicemail. Plus, with unlimited data on our network, you'll never see data overage fees."

And the Walmart plan is a Simply Prepaid plan.

The link she gives says nothing about special compression - you either have Binge On or you don't.
    The Walmart plan isn't a Simply Prepaid Plan, they have a 8 Mbps cap on speed

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post
    The Walmart plan isn't a Simply Prepaid Plan, they have a 8 Mbps cap on speed
    Then the question is what is it? And what is it entitled to - if anything?

TMobile says no free video streaming and no free music streaming with this specific plan - but so many here say they are getting free video streaming and free music streaming.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Are we all talking about the $30/month 100 minutes, unlimited texts and 5GB LTE data plan? I seem to remember there was some sort of Walmart specific plan other than this one?

I think that T-Mobile doesn't really know how to classify this plan. It was created before they went Un-Carrier with the Simple this and that plans. I'm not sure why, but I'm glad, they haven't gotten rid of it. Can we even order it anymore? I can't find it on the TMobile website. I only see Simply Prepaid starting at $40/month and Simpe Choice starting at $50 according to that comparison chart. And all of those plans have unlimited talk. As for the streaming, I'll take advantage of it while it's free. I don't do a lot of streaming of music and video from my phone and have hit the 5GB limit only once, but it's good to know that music and video won't trash my data bucket.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    I think that T-Mobile doesn't really know how to classify this plan. It was created before they went Un-Carrier with the Simple this and that plans. I'm not sure why, but I'm glad, they haven't gotten rid of it. Can we even order it anymore? I can't find it on the TMobile website. I only see Simply Prepaid starting at $40/month and Simpe Choice starting at $50 according to that comparison chart. And all of those plans have unlimited talk. As for the streaming, I'll take advantage of it while it's free. I don't do a lot of streaming of music and video from my phone and have hit the 5GB limit only once, but it's good to know that music and video won't trash my data bucket.
    The activation kits are still on display at my local WalMart.

Device(s)
    Wind $15 Talk&Text AITF, TMo $30 Walmart 5GB, R+ 3k-3k-3k
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, WindMo, R+
    Feedback Score
    you can still sign up, but for new activations online only.

Feedback Score
    i can confirm this. just used an activation kit (sim + activation code i bought a while back) this past weekend and also ported from at&t (it took 2 minutes for the port!). and the music and video streaming were tested and they did not count toward the 5GB cap.

Quote Originally Posted by 416 View Post
    you can still sign up, but for new activations online only.

Feedback Score
    More from TMobile about Binge On - this is on their Facebook page responding about the $30 Walmart plan -

"With that Walmart Prepaid Plan, even if you are streaming from the specific service providers like Netflix and/ or Hulu, you will still see it counting towards your data bucket. The great new feature you have access to is the optimized streaming capability, where streaming will last 3 times longer! So there's not a lot of data being used up!"

So with the $30 Walmart plan you pay for data while video streaming but streaming is 3x optimized to use "less" data.

-------

I still see signs for the $30 plan at Walmarts - still the same plan that we have. As in the past, one had to verify a phone or sim was purchased at Walmart or was purchased from the TMobile website when calling to activate the plan.

Feedback Score
    Deleted by author. Wrong information per most recent contact.
    Last edited by 1776; 12-03-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Feedback Score
    I just got a new text message from TMobile about Binge On. No longer does it say anything about free data for streaming video. Now it talks about 3x faster streaming to use less data. Evidently, a never was touched by discussions here, on their forums, and on their Facebook page (which I think is more the case, than the other two) and they decided to tell it like it really is for those of us who are not on Simply Choice plans.

Feedback Score
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=16247701

Some people are saying yes, some people say no. Let's never mind what T Mobile says let's get more reports from people actually testing it hands-on in real life

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Some people are saying yes, some people say no. Let's never mind what T Mobile says let's get more reports from people actually testing it hands-on in real life
    I am on the $30/5 GB plan, and I can confirm that a few minutes ago I used over 15 MB on WatchESPN, and T-Mobile didn't count it against my full-speed data limit. This was a pleasant surprise, because I did a WatchESPN test two weeks ago and did not get uncounted data.

I have had this plan for over three years, and I have nothing but great things to say about it. It matches my usage patterns perfectly. Unexpected inclusion in the Music Freedom and BingeOn programs is icing on the cake.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast