Thread: Disable "My Verizon Mobile" and Online account access for secondary line?

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score

Disable "My Verizon Mobile" and Online account access for secondary line?

Hello,

Was considering leasing out one or two of my unlimited lines like many people on eBay are doing.

This would help cover the cost of the future increase and lower my out of pocket costs. I have 3 unlimited lines that use no data to very little data (less than 100mb) per month. Would rather have someone make use of it and profit instead of cancel and let Verizon win.

I would like to make sure the buyer cannot see certain things and would prefer that they could not see anything like my payment history, amount due, etc.

Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks!
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Renting out lines is wrong it's sad that people no longer have morals and ethics

Feedback Score
    I don't think it is actually unethical in itself. However violating the contract that you have agreed to, I suppose there's something to that. So are you sure that you yourself have never done anything that violates the terms and conditions out of the thousands that you have likely agreed to in the last few years?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    I don't think it is actually unethical in itself. However violating the contract that you have agreed to, I suppose there's something to that. So are you sure that you yourself have never done anything that violates the terms and conditions out of the thousands that you have likely agreed to in the last few years?
    We are talking about this particular case of renting a UDP line here, not ROLLTIDE's past behavior. That's a red herring.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Well its either cancel it or let someone else make use of it. Either way Verizon wins because I pay them for the plan or I leave unlimited data. I have had these lines for 5+ years and never put them to use so...

Even on my primary line I rarely use more than 6GB. Half of that is speed tests.

Never abused the unlimited data or anything. But I am being punished.

I considered AOL'ing them but that seems like more hassle than its worth too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by limegrass69 View Post
    We are talking about this particular case of renting a UDP line here, not ROLLTIDE's past behavior. That's a red herring.
    I dunno from herring, but let he who is without sin cast the first stone isn't that how it goes? My point is anyone getting all moralistic about violating terms and and conditions should at least be consistent about it. Maybe he does feel so strongly about that in all cases, in which case fine and good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    Renting out lines is wrong it's sad that people no longer have morals and ethics
    Too bad you hate competition

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I must be missing something?

Anyways, is there a way to disable this or should I just not worry about it?

There is really no difference between giving a phone line to a friend or family member and saying "you owe me $75 a month for this bill" and having some random stranger give you $100 a month for the same exact thing?

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus7 View Post
    Too bad you hate competition
    What are you talking about Willis ? I have a real job and don't need to scalp selling unlimited lines to make a living And for the record I have only AOLed one unlimited line before that wasn't even mine so please get your facts right and check yourself before you wreck yourself