Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Binge On Video Bitrate

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Well, we shall see what happens then. My accounts do not show line level BingeOn services, I have a pink toggle switch set to on in the profile area, under Media for each line. The one line I tried it on did not compress or zero rate a Netflix stream. If it is not working yet, don't put it on my profile, is all I'm saying.

Feedback Score
    I never even thought he meant that all grandfathered plans would get doubled data. After he said that line, he revealed the new plan and it was obvious to me that, following the context logically, he meant that the new plans had double the data of the old plans. I was never quite sure why everyone thought he meant all old plans would unconditionally have their data doubled.

Now, the whole bit about data upgrades being more expensive seemed to be slipped "under the radar," so to speak. That was a bit shady. It was presented in an infographic behind him without verbally acknowledging them, so someone just listening could easily have thought he meant the new plans cost the same.

But, in the end, I expected this. Maybe not so soon, but I fully expected T-Mobile to start raising prices once their network came up to snuff. I just count myself lucky that I got me and my family on a plan that's perfect for us, at a better price and with better features than I will be able to get for the foreseeable future. I'm totally okay with that though. I got my "underdog" pricing locked in, and I will ride it all the way as I watch T-Mobile rise to "top performer" instead and start commanding those prices.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Binge On Video Bitrate

Quote Originally Posted by Vertabrae View Post
    Well, we shall see what happens then. My accounts do not show line level BingeOn services, I have a pink toggle switch set to on in the profile area, under Media for each line. The one line I tried it on did not compress or zero rate a Netflix stream. If it is not working yet, don't put it on my profile, is all I'm saying.
    Mine doesn't show BingeON as a plan feature any more either. But I do have the slider in Profile. Clearly they are moving bits and pieces around.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Mine doesn't show BingeON as a plan feature any more either. But I do have the slider in Profile. Clearly they are moving bits and pieces around.
    Same here... Looks like my sling box usage is also counting on my iPad

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can't wait until they add YouTube. I burn through about 5GB to 10GB a month viewing YouTube videos.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm on the $5 btv data plan and am not seeing this setting anywhere on my TMO account, but I did get an email saying that it's activated..

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Any
    Feedback Score
    I sent the SMS to them to keep my rollover and not sign up for binge.

But I go into the web account and it shows as activated, I de-activated it once more.

I want to keep my rollover, so it can go over 20GB.

Feedback Score

Binge On Video Bitrate

Quote Originally Posted by IslesFan View Post
    Usage from your personal sling box isn't part of BingeOn. The service that is part of it is Sling TV, an Internet TV service launched by Dish.

Carrier(s)
    HarborMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJoe View Post
    I sent the SMS to them to keep my rollover and not sign up for binge.

But I go into the web account and it shows as activated, I de-activated it once more.

I want to keep my rollover, so it can go over 20GB.
    I am disappointed that they snuk the 20gb rollover cap in the new binge on deal. Being on the 10gb per month plan, I was expecting to accumulate more than 20gb over time. But then again whats the point of accumulating more than 20gb, if most video and music doesn't count. Ill never go through all that data.
    1998 Nokia 5110 • 2001 Nokia 3350 • 2002 Nokia 3530 • 2003 Nokia 6800
    2005 HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125) (Stolen)
    2006 Nokia 6080
    2007 iPhone "2G" 4GB • 2009 iPhone 3GS 32GB • 2010 iPhone 4 16GB
    2011 Galaxy Nexus 16GB GSM • 2012 Nexus 4 16GB • 2013 Nexus 5 16GB • 2014 Nexus 6 32GB • 2015 Nexus 6P 32GB
    Plan: Tmobile "10GB 4 all" 10GB for $20 my line (shared family plan)

Feedback Score
    Yes, that is the trade off they're counting on, boosting their profitability as well as reducing traffic per customer, allowing them to carry more customers per tower without further hardware infrastructure investment. Damn smart if I do say so

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shinkinrui View Post
    Usage from your personal sling box isn't part of BingeOn. The service that is part of it is Sling TV, an Internet TV service launched by Dish.
    The url says both sling box AND sling tv.

Carrier(s)
    HarborMobile
    Feedback Score
    This is an interesting point to make. I assumed everything about sling was for the new services. If this is true, I need to hook up my old school along box and get to binging!! It's an old SD only box... But that's all BingeOn does so perfect match!!

Feedback Score
    My mistake.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Network ATSC tuner usage IS COUNTED.
    I have simple TV and I solely use it on my unlimited data.

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how they're going to accomplish that. Under optimal conditions (read: your home router has UPnP enabled), the Slingstream is a direct connection between your home and your mobile device. Without UPnP, the Sling location service will proxy your stream thru Sling's servers (hosted at Amazon EC2). Last time I tried their proxied stream (which seems to be a requirement of using a Chromecast as a Sling receiver when outside of your home network), it was horrifyingly awful, and mostly unusable.

If that's the approach, expect terrible results when using your personal Slingboxes...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast