Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fido home internet service

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stately Automat View Post
    It'll attract some people, but like the wireless home phone service, it'll mainly be existing customers.
    Or you can throw 3 stones @ once and activate Fido Cellphone(s), Wireless Home phone & Internet...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Or you can throw 3 stones @ once and activate Fido Cellphone(s), Wireless Home phone & Internet...

That's where this is an advantage, to counteract the bundling discounts of the competition. And that's why I see it as a further advantage to resell Shaw and Videotron (maybe even Eastlink) cable internet in other markets, though for whatever reason they're not starting with that. Perhaps it's on their long-term road map.
    Asus ROG Phone -- SIM 1: Rogers (10GB + unlimited) -- SIM 2: Public Mobile (talk/text/250 MB)

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hurdle View Post
    They could have at least worked with Videotron and Shaw (who they partner with on other projects) to offer service in other areas. That's how most of the new entrants are doing it, they're reselling one cable co. or another.
    Forget Videotron/Shaw, this would be a great way for Rogers to go after smaller regional brands like Cogeco who already operate inside Rogers areas

Too bad
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I got my modem today. Fido internet is substantially cheaper than what I have been paying Rogers for years, and I get away from my current 250GB bandwidth limit and max of 2Mbps upload speed.

Feedback Score
    PEOPLE THIS IS CABLE INTERNET. There is no cell modem, no LTE. Come on and read up on it a little before posting.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    PEOPLE THIS IS CABLE INTERNET. There is no cell modem, no LTE. Come on and read up on it a little before posting.

??? Who is saying that it is? The only modem referenced in the thread so far is a cable modem, from what I can tell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hurdle View Post
    ??? Who is saying that it is? The only modem referenced in the thread so far is a cable modem, from what I can tell.
    Post right before I made that someone asked if the sim card could be removed from the modem. They deleted the post after I posted.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    Post right before I made that someone asked if the sim card could be removed from the modem. They deleted the post after I posted.

Ah, gotcha.

Device(s)
    X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I cancelled my Fido internet service because Rogers made me an offer that was too good to leave them for.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy-ATM View Post
    I cancelled my Fido internet service because Rogers made me an offer that was too good to leave them for.
    Thats an effective way of managing your costs. Have Rogers compete against themselves to make you a better offer.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Device(s)
    X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I was *very* surprised at how aggressive Rogers were to retain my business from their own subsidiary. They even gave me a rebate in addition to a fantastic monthly rate and service plan. I don't even have cable or any other Rogers services either.

Feedback Score
    I was *very* surprised at how aggressive Rogers were to retain my business from their own subsidiary. They even gave me a rebate in addition to a fantastic monthly rate and service plan. I don't even have cable or any other Rogers services either.
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you currently pay for your internet and what speed?

Device(s)
    X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylay14 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you currently pay for your internet and what speed?
    New plan is $67/month taxes in for 2yrs. AC WiFi modem, Unlimited bandwidth. 100Mbps download, and 10Mbps upload. Shomi account included for free too. Here's a speedtest:

Feedback Score
    New plan is $67/month taxes in for 2yrs. AC WiFi modem, Unlimited bandwidth. 100Mbps download, and 10Mbps upload. Shomi account included for free too. Here's a speedtest:
    Oh wow that's nice! Meanwhile I'm on a shaw promo for around the same price for 60 Mbps and the price gets an extra $30 added to it after the promotion price is done

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3