Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 79

Thread: Sprint Q3 2015 (Second Fiscal Quarter of 2015) Results

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,419
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    If you are getting faster data for less money and better coverage, then fully for you but it is only true in locations like yours. In my location, it would be like flushing money down the toilet, almost zero coverage and when I can connect, very very very poor data throughput. Everything depends on location
    So is that true with TextNow in your area?

    Do you in fact use TextNow?

    Are you in fact a paying customer of TextNow service?

    Sent from my Wonderful LG Optimus L90

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    Personally? I give them a few dollars every couple of months, but 99% of my usage is not via sprint carrier services, and I don't depend on it as a daily driver. I have several people at the moment using their handsets very happily as their daily driver because they are well serviced by Sprint network

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,419
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    A. Personally? I give them a few dollars every couple of months, but 99% of my usage is not via sprint carrier services, and I don't depend on it as a daily driver.

    B. I have several people at the moment using their handsets very happily as their daily driver because they are well serviced by Sprint network
    A. So you're flushing a few dollars down the toilet every few months.

    B. Yeah sure you do.

    Sent from my Wonderful LG Optimus L90

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    Textnow delivers me very good value for money even though I hardly ever get near any sprint coverage.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,419
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Textnow delivers me very good value for money even though I hardly ever get near any sprint coverage.
    Absolutely hilarious.

    Sent from my Wonderful LG Optimus L90

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,434
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Sprint Q3 2015 (Second Fiscal Quarter of 2015) Results

    Quote Originally Posted by timmyh318 View Post
    Thanks. It never ceases to amaze me how Internet forums give people and their opinions an over inflated sense of self worth. Amusing to say the least. Anywho as far as sprint goes as I said before their fine. The 4 people who predict their demise daily are wrong. Their "why do investors stay" rhetoric is nonsense clearly none of them ever invested in a thing in their lives. Investors wanna see progression not regression and Sprint's numbers are progressing. Nobody expected them to turn a profit this last quarter. Noone. But in fact their numbers came in better than expected. Same with last quarter. Progression is the key. As long as they are progressing they are fine.
    Very true. No carriers network is perfect, but it's hard to ignore the fact that both Sprint and TMO are making great strides. You have to use what works for you, and going out of your way to trash the carrier to someone else in a different area of the country where their experience may be the total opposite of yours is foolish.

    Not sure why anyone would want to contribute to causing another carrier to fail in the first place; what do they think causes the recent industry competition that benefits the consumers?

    No doubt that the big two would definitely not have some of their current offerings if it weren't for the smaller two making the competitive moves that they have over the past couple of years. And although I'm not a customer of either carrier, I hope they both continue to progress.

    My carrier (USCC) has even lowered prices and increased data lately to compete with their offerings...and I'm remaining hopeful that one of them inks a LTE roaming deal with USCC, another thing that would benefit everybody involved.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    7,701
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by philld6 View Post
    Very true. No carriers network is perfect, but it's hard to ignore the fact that both Sprint and TMO are making great strides. You have to use what works for you, and going out of your way to trash the carrier to someone else in a different area of the country where their experience may be the total opposite of yours is foolish.

    Not sure why anyone would want to contribute to causing another carrier to fail in the first place; what do they think causes the recent industry competition that benefits the consumers?

    No doubt that the big two would definitely not have some of their current offerings if it weren't for the smaller two making the competitive moves that they have over the past couple of years. And although I'm not a customer of either carrier, I hope they both continue to progress.

    My carrier (USCC) has even lowered prices and increased data lately to compete with their offerings...and I'm remaining hopeful that one of them inks a LTE roaming deal with USCC, another thing that would benefit everybody involved.
    x1,000



  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    539
    Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm impressed with the improvements sprint has made even after quite a few years with poor management. They seem to steadily get better even if its not at warp speed like captain Kirk would do.
    Sent from my RM-1073_1004 via the HowardForums WP7 App

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    242
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC_33 View Post
    Just follow those magenta fans closely. The reason they are pissed and trashing sprint is basically the yellow carrier has that average of 120mhz spectrum. IfTmobile keep growing they won't have spectrum capacity to serve new customers. So the data strong carrier eventually will be the saturated LTE network carrier.
    The 'Saturation' is already occurring in my area, Back in 2013 I joined T-Mobile Was getting solid 20-40Mbps speeds, Fast forward to 2015 Slow 1-2Mbps almost throughout the day, Even at the T-Mobile store on the display S6 Edge i'm only pulling 3Mbps at 5:28PM...

    Jumped to Sprint, Some towers have CA and Spark and WOW 50-80Mbps! I haven't seen Sprint dip below 30Mbps in my area so far! (On Spark)

    Sprint in my market is more dense than T-Mobile and if they convert two clearwire towers to full NV builds, Coverage in my town would be golden as Verizon and AT&T

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,434
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Sprint Q3 2015 (Second Fiscal Quarter of 2015) Results

    ^^ I can remember being an AT&T customer here when they first went live with their LTE and having speeds like that. A couple of years later they were usually at ~6-8 Mbps down at the time I left. Still usable, but the speeds did take a dive as more people swapped over.

    I've never seen above about 12 Mbps down on USCC here in Knoxville. I tried out Sprint about a year ago and they had similar speeds. Again, totally usable, but I do miss the bragging rights that came with running a speed test.

    Not sure how TMOs LTE is in the area, though. I had them when I lived in another part of the country in 2013, but they didn't have LTE here when i came back to visit so I ended up swapping to another carrier before I moved back. They have done lots of expanding here since that time though so I may need to give them another try.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    242
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by philld6 View Post
    ^^ I can remember being an AT&T customer here when they first went live with their LTE and having speeds like that. A couple of years later they were usually at ~6-8 Mbps down at the time I left. Still usable, but the speeds did take a dive as more people swapped over.

    I've never seen above about 12 Mbps down on USCC here in Knoxville. I tried out Sprint about a year ago and they had similar speeds. Again, totally usable, but I do miss the bragging rights that came with running a speed test.

    Not sure how TMOs LTE is in the area, though. I had them when I lived in another part of the country in 2013, but they didn't have LTE here when i came back to visit so I ended up swapping to another carrier before I moved back. They have done lots of expanding here since that time though so I may need to give them a try.
    Band 41 is 20x20Mhz, Sprint still has a ton of spectrum 2.5 spectrum even after using some..

    If you find Spark is slow, it's usually the backhaul is crap. This one site in my are still had crap fiber running to it. few months later it's been upgraded to Microwave backhaul and it's hitting the desired speeds.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,434
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The backhaul situation seems to be most likely. I don't think they're spectrum constrained or becoming terribly saturated in this area at all.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    529
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is Spark or LTE coverage currently being expanded?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,768
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes but looks pretty slowly

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mjnoz View Post
    Sprint isn't struggling, there are many markets where Sprint Easily champs T-Mobile due to lack of Band 12 (my area) or cell density (my area also).
    Sprint is absolutely struggling. Not turning an annual profit in over a decade is what to you? Prospering? Cutting $2.5 billion in OPEX is what to you? Being connected to LTE 64% of the time, down from 65% the previous quarter, is what to you?

    I can hit 60-80Mbps down at nightfall, then 9AM - 8PM I can get 2-3Mbps on Band 4 that's 15x15.
    Already reported it to T-Force, "They're working on it" and they're aware about it
    Okay? A sign that people are actually using the network and are enjoying it.

    Sprint Spark is amazing, It's pretty much the same building penetration as AWS 1700/2100 vs 2500. Maybe it's the new 8T8R Antennas Sprint's using.
    Site placement is key to your experience. Hence the reason why Sprint is densifying their network. Why? Because your jaded experience with Spark is not a true reflection of the network as a whole. Nor is it even a reflection of a market as a whole. I wouldn't even give it a city block.

    No matter what you say, Sprint is what works for me where I 'Work and Play' as T-Mobile says. Sprint could be my Temporary home for years until T-Mobile can deploy 600Mhz or Band 12 in my area and get more cell density going
    And that's good for you. You are using the carrier that works for you. No one ever said Sprint doesn't work for you or shouldn't work for you. But that doesn't mean the realities need to be ignored.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 08:20 PM
  2. MetroPCS CDMA Network shut down second half of 2015
    By shilohcane in forum MetroPCS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 09:50 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 04:09 PM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 10:01 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 06:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks