Thread: All I Want To Do Is Change 'VStream'!!! Nokia 6190

frankiexsd Guest

Question All I Want To Do Is Change 'VStream'!!! Nokia 6190

Please, can anyone help?

I got my Nokia 6190 through VoiceStream, and when the phone is on and I'm at the start screen, my message says "VStream" and i can't find a place to change it!

Hopefully the answer is not having to wait three months to get the unlock code from customer service, or having to pay for it to be unlocked.

I mean c'mon, I can't even put my name on my phone? There has to be an easy way to change this!

TIA,
    Matthew

Device(s)
    Siemens S40
    Feedback Score
    VStream is the name of the provider, it has nothing to do with your phone. When on a network, the phone displays the name of the network provider, in this case VoiceStream (VStream). When you travel to other regions in the US it can change to full "VoiceStream" or Cingular or whatever is available. When traveling abroad, the phone always displays the current provider. I believe this is standard GSM...

Anyone else know something different?

-doug

Device(s)
    Blackberry 7100t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am not sure wether Logomanager will allow you to change the operator name, but here at my office everyone used to carry 6190's, and to keep up with our handsets we changed the name of a profile to our name. You probably already knew this but it may help. Changing the profile names is very easy, if you need to know how send me a pm.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6190
    Carrier(s)
    VoiceStream
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb Sometimes, It's The Simple Things

Originally posted by jlrichards
    we changed the name of a profile to our name.
    Aha! So the custom name of the profile, (in my case, one I've renamed to "Matt") will show up under "VStream" like it does now when I select "Meeting" or something like that!

Very good idea! I think that will suffice, although I'd really like more freedom to customize...

Thanks,
    Matthew

Device(s)
    Motorola V60t
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ...you need to get the data cable, and you can change it. go to your local nokia aftermarket accessory store. you know, the one's that kids run, and most likely, they got the cable there, and they charge $5. here to change the oporator logo to anything you want.
    Was that the $39.99 or the $49.99 calling plan?
    This ain't no swamp meet. I don't care if the people down the street are giving away free sh**.