Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Use Sprint iPhone on Cricket Wireless

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CooLiBoP View Post
    I did a full reset of the phone over air. I imagine there is no difference, but will try again.
    Connect to iTunes when you restart, you should receive a message that your phone is unlocked. This message applies to all SIM's, not just foreign ones. If this works it confirms that Sprint's No Unlock policy is just a ploy to make people think they can only use the phone with Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Did a full restore via iTunes - setup as new phone and did not get any message that it was unlocked...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Did a full restore via iTunes - setup as new phone and did not get any message that it was unlocked...
    Did you get this email from Sprint.....

This email is intended to confirm that Sprint has successfully submitted the request to unlock the device to Apple. Within 4 hours, your device will be ready to unlock so please follow the steps in both of the Apple support articles below to complete the device unlock your phone. This will unlock the iPhone you requested for international use. Please note inserting and testing the international SIM while here in the US will not work. You will need to be in the foreign country before you can test the unlock. If you do have any trouble at that point please contact the number below.

I've been reading that not all iphone 5's are being domestic unlocked. Is your phone completely paid for?

See here for more info....

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/...-wiki.1891960/

Feedback Score
    Nope... I got the initial one saying they 'submitted' it, but nothing beyond that. Device was paid in full.

I decided to raise the issue again to call their bluff. This time 2-3 business day wait.

Feedback Score
    Got the email finally...however when restored via iTunes I get:
    Your iPhone Is Ready For Use
    Device is activated on CDMA US network. International roaming requires a SIM.

I guess it isn't possible.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    So you still can't use it with Cricket? that's the problem starting to use a sprint phone. Might as well sell it and get a different provider one.

Feedback Score
    Got the email finally...however when restored via iTunes I get:
    Your iPhone Is Ready For Use
    Device is activated on CDMA US network. International roaming requires a SIM.

I guess it isn't possible.
    I would still try with a sim to make sure, but definitely sounds like Sprint has some separate agreement with Apple. Thanks for posting back on this. I've had a number of things get in the way of finishing the process myself, now it looks like I won't have to bother.

Feedback Score
    It is possible, but may not be worth the trouble

Feedback Score
    Popped in my tmobile SIM and no service; they must have closed the loophole on this one.

Feedback Score
    Just an update; I escalated to the Better Business Bureau as I still couldn't get the phone to work in Canada on the Rogers network...Now it appears they have fully unlocked the device as I tested today and works on my T-Mobile plan.

Feedback Score
    Just an update; I escalated to the Better Business Bureau as I still couldn't get the phone to work in Canada on the Rogers network...Now it appears they have fully unlocked the device as I tested today and works on my T-Mobile plan.
    Sounds like they didn't complete the unlock then. Already sold my phone to Sprint user, good to know for the future, but as was mentioned, an awful lot of hassle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2