Thanks to Collegea

http://4gantennashop.com

Maybe a harbor replacement?

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    Comintel was the one who brought it to my attention on the Freedom Pop thread. With that being said, information is hard to come by in regard to this company and there are no reviews except for one 5 star rating on BBB. All I know is that the contact person is John Villaneuva and Antenna Shop has been around since 2011. Comintel says "he is not a fly by night" operation and has a good reputation. I tried calling the number on the web site but got a message telling me to email questions to him. Clearly, the 20 GB plan for $55 is attractive. A free Huawei USB modem is being offered for a prepay of 3 months of service. Although HM appears to be in limbo, their plans for existing members are still in place and active. I was planning on emailing John on Monday ( maybe this weekend) to get more info. From browsing around the site, he does sell the T-Mobile ZTE 915 Hotspot, which lends me to believe, that can be used for data, along with a whole list of other choices. The bottom line here is that HM had a very good reputation and was very popular on Howard Forums. And HM is still regarded highly by existing subscribers in spite of the fact that they have hit a snag in regard to becoming an AT&T reseller. On the other hand, who has used antennashop's service.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3, Moto G5Plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW Prepaid 15GB/$45
    Feedback Score
    Note in the Q&A the price is $10 off, but only if you port a number from another carrier.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Note in the Q&A the price is $10 off, but only if you port a number from another carrier.
    I have 3 data plans with HM so I can easily port one of those three numbers over if I had some feedback from some people here who have used the service. And if those numbers are not eligible for porting, I got plenty of other meaningless numbers I could port over.

Feedback Score
    Porting a number from another carrier is a peculiar requirement for what appears to be a fixed-location LTE data (not a voice) provider. Similarly, their website leads with "Welcome FreedomPop and Clear Customers -- you now have a choice." I have 3 FreedomPop devices and not a "portable number" (AFAIK) associated with any of them. So, the target audience does not qualify for the advertised-but-footnoted prices?

Feedback Score
    And once smartel gets its act a bit more together a comparison there would be good as well

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    Porting a number from another carrier is a peculiar requirement for what appears to be a fixed-location LTE data (not a voice) provider. Similarly, their website leads with "Welcome FreedomPop and Clear Customers -- you now have a choice." I have 3 FreedomPop devices and not a "portable number" (AFAIK) associated with any of them. So, the target audience does not qualify for the advertised-but-footnoted prices?
    These guys are ex-Clear technicians who got laid off in 2010 (read their history on the web site) and they know the situation with Clear so they are targeting FreedomPop and Clear Customers. But all these companies are playing the numbers game and there is nothing in their offering which states that they will limit their offering to only Clear and Freedom POP customers. These guys want and need customers. And they'll take them from anywhere.

I am just wondering if the $10 off is from the $55 price? If so, that would make 20GB for $45?

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    $45 for 20GB of data per month? That sounds too good to be true.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    There is something I don't like here already. Yesterday, when I went on their web site, they were offering a free Huwaei USB Modem if you prepaid for three months. Today, there is a new promotion with $10 off if you port. Now I am seeing something about prepaying for 6 months. A different promotion every day? I am use to this with Ring Plus. But they are offering a free service so I can excuse that. No way am I going to prepay for 6 months or even 3 months when I can't find one review of their service anywhere on the Internet. One month service would be a slight jump for me. But I couldn't give up or curtail my HM service until I had confidence in these guys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    Porting a number from another carrier is a peculiar requirement for what appears to be a fixed-location LTE data (not a voice) provider.
    According the FAQ these are not just data plans:

Quote Originally Posted by https://4gantennashop.com/index.php/home
    Can I make phone calls with my service plan?

Yes 100%, your plan features unlimited North America calling at no extra charge, so call the USA, Canada and Mexico (Landlines and Mobiles Included) you will require a Modem with a phone port such as the Huawei Smart Hub or the ZTE 4G (NO LTE) Smart Hub which are both available from the 4G Antenna Shop. You can also you your plan and SIM card in any unlocked phone device.
    So the $25 for 5GB plan would be a nice upgrade for people on T-Mobile's $30/5GB/100 minute plan.

*If* these guys turn out to be dependable.

Also, as collegea mentioned, the pricing table they have says "For a limited time save $10 off the normal rate plan price for the life of the plan!" but it's not clear if the prices quotes in the table already have the $10 discount or not. I suspect that prices in the table are with the $10 discount; it would be nice to get a clarification. I'd definitely sign up for a $15/5GB/unlimited plan! I'd be crazy not to.

Feedback Score
    Well somebody's going to have to be the Pioneer here! Preferably someone with a real credit card with buyer protection.

Feedback Score
    Also, are there any hubs with band 12 support, that would be useful for hotspotting multiple devices while mobile? Not just asking about what this dealer sells but in general.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Also, are there any hubs with band 12 support, that would be useful for hotspotting multiple devices while mobile? Not just asking about what this dealer sells but in general.
    The ZTE 915 Hotspot has band 12 support.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Not sure I'm getting this.

Reads like everything must be done thru one of their devices, none of which seem to be phones?

Feedback Score
    Sim swapping is fine on T Mobile. Just because the vendor central focus is hardware sales, doesn't mean the service they're selling isn't vanilla tmobile service pop the sim into any compatible phone you like

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast