Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1086

Thread: TMO reseller, cheap bigData: 4G Antennashop

  1. #1066
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,754
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've had the impression for quite a while, pretty much ever since the sale or merger or whatever happened in late 2017 when it seemed that Robert Villanueva left for a while, before he returned, but in a different role, that 4GAS hasn't really wanted to be in the phone service side of their business. Maybe they just finally decided this was a good time to get completely out of it. This is just guessing on my part. I don't have any actual information.

  2. #1067
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    59
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Does anybody know of an easy way to compare AT&T PREPAID vs T-Mobile POSTPAID coverage?

    If not, can anybody that's experienced both provide some subjective feedback?

    The goal is to know if the $300 AT&T Prepaid plan can provide coverage that's at least as good as the T-Mobile postpaid service that we've been getting from 4GAS.

    Thanks in advance for any info that you can provide!
    I'd think it's about network prioritization. Their postpaid subscribers will get higher priority on the towers, which can matter in a bigger city, or even in a rural area during peak times. I'd say - take for one month and try. If it works steady and fast - subscribe for longer. If it doesn't - well, you are just losing a limited amount of $$.

  3. #1068
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    59
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Liborio View Post
    Hi, Boz.

    I have two lines with Teltik (U/T/T&2G) for $23.50/month.

    The only issue I've had was on the first day when the C.S. lady got snippy with me. However, "David" intervened and made it right.

    Now I read your above quote and I'm wondering what went on or is going on with Teltik.

    More importantly, is it time for the rats to jump ship?

    Thanks.
    Why panic? Had I been with teltik and not being kicked out, I would have stuck with them. One of my lines is in Canada, and without a reseller T-Mobile would have disconnected it long ago. But now I am shopping for the new service as well, and unrestricted Canada is the priority. So far looks like AT&T's postpaid offerings will do the trick, and AT&T is also generous with employee discounts.

    I am also considering Boom - they have one year prepaid for $500/line, identical to AT&T postpaid plan. Anyone had any experience with Boom? Will the service be provided by AT&T all the way, or it will be Boom's infrastructure in between? I.e. is Boom a reseller or an MVNO?

  4. #1069
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,754
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well, I think I'm going to order the AT&T Prepaid $300/360 day plan with 8GB/30 days LTE + Unlimited 128Kbps thereafter to replace 4GAS for my wife's line tonight, and get the port process started. I hope it goes smoothly!

  5. #1070
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Well, I think I'm going to order the AT&T Prepaid $300/360 day plan with 8GB/30 days LTE + Unlimited 128Kbps thereafter to replace 4GAS for my wife's line tonight, and get the port process started. I hope it goes smoothly!
    That's a good price for the data alone (the 360-day and new 180-day plans do offer 8GB hot spot from the phone for $25 or $30 per month).

    Some of us were paying close to that for 5GB on a TMo hotspot (not phone) through resellers.

  6. #1071
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dial-up View Post
    I just got a call from 4GAS and my 5GB/mo T-Mobile data plan is going away Aug 1 as well. So it's not just the phones folks.

    What they offered me to replace it was another plan on T-Mobile for $60/mo that I don't see on their website. They said I wouldn't need a new sim card but would have to change the APN. The new plan doesn't have a monthly limit but slows down during times of congestion. I'm not sure what she meant by that. She did not call it unlimited.
    I also got such a phone call telling me my 5GB monthly TMo hotspot plans are ending. I opted for the unadvertised plan described above. This required purchase of their modem (ZTE 915s are apparently no longer supported). However, 4GAS offered a very significant discount on the price of the modem. I received the unit in two days. It was up and running immediately and is providing me with far superior speeds than my TMo hotspots when used in the same location. 4GAS even had the courtesy to call after delivery to confirm things were working properly.

    As for "unlimited," when I spoke with them, they said they don't like to use this term, since there can potentially be limits such as deprioritization or congestion.

    I credit 4GAS with taking the initiative to contact customers personally about these changes -- and in advance. And in my case, they actually reduced my costs. I'm getting more data for less money than before. 4GAS continues to be reliable and professional, in my opinion. Happy to have them around...

    Wish I knew how I could continue to use my 915s. I liked the convenience of having a couple of portable hotspots with not too much data on them. When the battery died on one, I could then just use one of the others....

  7. #1072
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,447
    Device(s)
    Moto X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    I also got such a phone call telling me my 5GB monthly TMo hotspot plans are ending. I opted for the unadvertised plan described above. This required purchase of their modem (ZTE 915s are apparently no longer supported). However, 4GAS offered a very significant discount on the price of the modem. I received the unit in two days. It was up and running immediately and is providing me with far superior speeds than my TMo hotspots when used in the same location. 4GAS even had the courtesy to call after delivery to confirm things were working properly.

    As for "unlimited," when I spoke with them, they said they don't like to use this term, since there can potentially be limits such as deprioritization or congestion.

    I credit 4GAS with taking the initiative to contact customers personally about these changes -- and in advance. And in my case, they actually reduced my costs. I'm getting more data for less money than before. 4GAS continues to be reliable and professional, in my opinion. Happy to have them around...

    Wish I knew how I could continue to use my 915s. I liked the convenience of having a couple of portable hotspots with not too much data on them. When the battery died on one, I could then just use one of the others....
    What's stopping you from just putting the sim in the 915s?

  8. #1073
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    What's stopping you from just putting the sim in the 915s?
    It requires a different size SIM.

  9. #1074
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,447
    Device(s)
    Moto X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    It requires a different size SIM.
    Can't you use an adapter?

  10. #1075
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Not worth the trouble, as far as I am concerned. And I have no reason to question 4GAS' statement that the SIM would not work in a 915.

  11. #1076
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    16
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yeah, I wonder about that. Before getting the call from 4GAS I looked into T-Mobile's prepaid hotspot plans. I got as far as typing in the IMEI number of the 4GAS Modem. The T-Mobile site said it was not compatible. That's funny it's running on the T-Mobile network right now. I'm guessing they simply don't know about this device.

    Anyways, you can try typing the IMEI number of the ZTE 915 into the T-Mobile site. I'm sure they support it. They used to sell it after all. Of course that would involve buying another plan which you probably don't need.

  12. #1077
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dial-up View Post
    Yeah, I wonder about that. Before getting the call from 4GAS I looked into T-Mobile's prepaid hotspot plans. I got as far as typing in the IMEI number of the 4GAS Modem. The T-Mobile site said it was not compatible. That's funny it's running on the T-Mobile network right now. I'm guessing they simply don't know about this device.

    Anyways, you can try typing the IMEI number of the ZTE 915 into the T-Mobile site. I'm sure they support it. They used to sell it after all. Of course that would involve buying another plan which you probably don't need.
    I hadn't thought about checking the 915s' IMEI numbers. I did notice that TMo does not sell these devices any more. I can't even find any evidence that TMo sells plans for standalone hotspots any more. (I've tried looking on the web site.) The only plans seem to be for tablets. I have been thinking of stopping by a TMo store to inquire about a way to keep using a 915, though I realize the chances of my getting a knowledgeable answer are gonna be slim. I've speculated that maybe there is a technical/rebanding issue as frequency reallocations are occurring. My remaining 5GB 915s were still working over the weekend. But I can't find anyone, even a TMo reseller, selling this type of plan. There was, of course, Teltik, but they are not accepting new activations and they have been silent for four weeks regarding the Venn Mobile debacle. (No updates on the Venn web site, no admission of failure to customers.) At this point, my best bet for a similar service would be the AT&T annual plan that includes 8GB hotspot data for $25 per month.

    It seems a shame to have an ever-growing pile of devices that have become obsolete, including 3G hotspots and broadband USBs. (Sigh..)

  13. #1078
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    16
    Feedback Score
    0
    The hotspots T-Mobile currently sells are on their tablets page so I think the plans are the same. At least this is where it sent me when I selected one of their hotspots to purchase two weeks ago: prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet.

    Right now they don't appear to be available for purchase on-line. The only link I see is for a store near you or by calling them directly so things may be changing as we speak.

  14. #1079
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dial-up View Post
    The hotspots T-Mobile currently sells are on their tablets page so I think the plans are the same. At least this is where it sent me when I selected one of their hotspots to purchase two weeks ago: prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet.

    Right now they don't appear to be available for purchase on-line. The only link I see is for a store near you or by calling them directly so things may be changing as we speak.
    I went to a TMo store and was told they do still support the 915s. Rates seem to be those found at: https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/plan-de...obile-internet .

    There is a 6GB/month plan for $25. I opted for this as a trial, though I had to pay $10 for the SIM. It's prepaid, I haven't set up the account online yet. The gentleman who helped me said TMo chooses not to offer unlimited plans on the 915s, apparently because many devices can connect at the same time (seems like reasonable logic to reduce abuse). It appears that I can just pay for a month when I need it. The fine print says it works in Canada and Mexico, but there is no mention of the free, slow data bring available in other countries (such as in Europe) that we had under our old 5GB plans. Data is "slowed to up to 2G speeds" after you hit the data limit, according to the fine print on the web page.

    Here's the fine print when you select the 6GB plan online:

    Simple Choice –Prepaid Mobile Internet Unl Data w/ 6GB 4G LTE • Unlimited data to from the U.S. • No overages or annual service contracts • Includes up to 6GB High Speed Data, available for use in the U.S. and up to 5GB for use in Mexico & Canada • Up to 200MB domestic roaming • Smartphone Mobile HotSpot to share your phone's high-speed data with other devices • Music Freedom – Unlimited music streaming on our network from top services such as Pandora and more, without burning your data. Additional Details: • Available to US and Puerto Rico customers • Plan does not include talk or text • No activation fees • No International data roaming

    Device, network and coverage impact experience and speeds, which vary. On-device usage is prioritized over tethering usage, which may result in higher speeds for data used on device.

  15. #1080
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,754
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just got another call from 4GAS. THIS time, instead of making sure I was going to port out my wife's # by 8/1/20, the rep said they were offering me a $45/mo Vzw plan. The only question I asked was if it includes roaming in Canada. The rep put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said "no". At that point, I declined, and I didn't ask any more questions. But I just thought I'd mention it in cast anybody might be interested...

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cheap mans 4g dual core? - I have a sprint ZTE n-9500 on Pageplus
    By tracnet in forum Page Plus Handset and Technical Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 10:39 PM
  2. Two Tmo MVNO's announced 4G LTE Hope ST is next.
    By minh808 in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 06:59 PM
  3. fs: brand new 4G 40gb ipod *CheaP*
    By ris-tech in forum Other Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 01:57 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2004, 07:49 AM
  5. Nokia 3650 (TMO) *CHEAP*
    By doctorc in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 08:01 AM

Bookmarks