Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sprint De-Prioritized

Feedback Score
    This is some BS. I have an Asurion replacement on the way. So upon activating this replacement, I become subect to this? WTF?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Don't think that people are impacted unless they change plans.

From Sprint website Unlimited Guarantee :
    "Your account does not stay in good standing
    Your account payments are not made on time or not paid in full
    Your line is voluntarily disconnected or disconnected by Sprint
    You elect to change from the Sprint FramilySM*Plan, Unlimited, My Way plan or All-in plan to a plan without The Sprint Unlimited Guarantee"
    I don't feel like a thread-killer...

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post

I have an active Sprint phone right now. 4 Mbps is the norm in my area, and I live in a well populated area.

A friend of mine has Boost and I told her about the new $60 unlimited plan. She jumped on that bandwagon pretty quick. She's pretty happy with it. It's not a bad price either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What phone are you using?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    This is some BS. I have an Asurion replacement on the way. So upon activating this replacement, I become subect to this? WTF?
    What specifically do you believe you may be subjected to?

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Sprint De-Prioritized

With speeds like this on band 41 in downtown Seattle, I can only imagine what throttling would be like. The bright side is that using 23GB would take determination.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445043234.437695.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  184.5 KB
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Sprint De-Prioritized

Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    With speeds like this on band 41 in downtown Seattle, I can only imagine what throttling would be like. The bright side is that using 23GB would take determination.

I'm on a college campus that holds about 3000 residents and this is very common. Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445043416.201202.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  39.9 KB
    As a college student, yes I use a lot of data. I'm an young adult who use social media applications, video and music streaming and web browsing every other second of my life. I'm not intentionally trying to use more than 30GB a month, but it just happens. Plus when your wifi isn't able to load google.com you go your phone. But my biggest problem with sprint is that they claim they will throttle you in only congested areas. In my city the whole network is congested. I know some people like this new policy, but when I signed up for service I was advertised truly unlimited data that doesn't "throttle" unlike T-Mobile "Data De-Prioritization. Now it's a slap in the face! It's sad that not even 6 months later they went back on their policy. Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445043954.116657.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  60.2 KB
    Last edited by DarrellDW; 10-16-2015 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Fix errors
    TheTechKing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post

Once WiMax is totally killed off they can enable the second carrier for Spark. Right now they can't just pull the plug as it'll generate legal issues, Seattle is also a large Clear market so Sprint can't do any WiMax thinning yet like in New York

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellDW View Post
    I'm on a college campus that holds about 3000 residents and this is very common. Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445043416.201202.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  39.9 KB
    As a college student, yes I use a lot of data. I'm an young adult who use social media applications, video and music streaming and web browsing every other second of my life. I'm not intentionally trying to use more than 30GB a month, but it just happens. Plus when your wifi isn't able to load google.com you go your phone. But my biggest problem with sprint is that they claim they will throttle you in only congested areas. In my city the whole network is congested. I know some people like this new policy, but when I signed up for service I was advertised truly unlimited data that doesn't "throttle" unlike T-Mobile "Data De-Prioritization. Now it's a slap in the face! It's sad that not even 6 months later they went back on their policy. Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445043954.116657.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  60.2 KB
    Are you on Sprint Spark (Band 41) or Regular LTE Band 25/26?

Device(s)
    Pixel, S9+, S9, S8, S7, G6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjnoz View Post
    Once WiMax is totally killed off they can enable the second carrier for Spark. Right now they can't just pull the plug as it'll generate legal issues, Seattle is also a large Clear market so Sprint can't do any WiMax thinning yet like in New York
    Seattle is Huawei equipment. 30 MHZ IBW, no 2nd band 41 carrier expected. Only regions where it is is Clear Samsung vendor regions since those had much newer equipment for the clear lte rollout. Huawei is being ripped all out for sprint 2.5 vendor equipment (Seattle is Samsung).

Sent from my LG-H790

Feedback Score
    I know some people will defend these companies saying that they have to right to make such changes, and obviously they do, but having the right to do something isn't the same as doing the right thing. If you market, name, or sell something as unlimited, then treat it as such. These companies have engineers and technicians that understand or know that bandwidth is not unlimited, so if you are going to sell a product as unlimited, how is it the customer's fault for using too much of the unlimited data that they're paying for. Call it limited data or anything but unlimited. Unlimited simply should not appear anywhere in the name if you're going to limit it.

Feedback Score
    No, the market needs to realize that unlimited data simply refers to total quantity allowed in a month, no guarantees as to speed per second.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile , Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    "In times where the Sprint network is congested," which is everywhere all the time. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds kind of like they are in my area as well. LTE speeds far below the other 3. You're lucky to see more than 5-7 Mbps download speeds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    No, the market needs to realize that unlimited data simply refers to total quantity allowed in a month, no guarantees as to speed per second.
    No, they should simply not call it unlimited data. I have no problem with them limiting data, if that is what it's called, but don't call it unlimited data and then limit it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Makkari View Post
    No, they should simply not call it unlimited data. I have no problem with them limiting data, if that is what it's called, but don't call it unlimited data and then limit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus_ View Post
    Sounds kind of like they are in my area as well. LTE speeds far below the other 3. You're lucky to see more than 5-7 Mbps download speeds.
    Actually makes no difference, on any carrier you're lucky to get even half of that is fine not an issue worth worrying about. Speed is not important compared to geographic coverage and signal consistency

Feedback Score
    I think that Sprint needs to be careful to not do things that irritate customers right now. They are not really in a good position or very well liked by many to be able to do things that tick people off. I thought that them doing away with throttling a while back was cool and set them apart from the other carriers. Tmobile annoyed a lot of people with their 21gb soft cap announcement as well but their timing was better in my opinion because they had already hooked in a lot of new people with their Uncarrier stuff and they have a lot more little perks such as VoLTE, included hotspot, music freedom etc. Many people hated Tmobile 3 years ago, myself included but they started improving and kind of gave you everything with their service so they gained loyalty. If Sprint is going to make these changes I think they need to at least wait until they are in a position where they are not so disliked to do so. I understand Sprint having to "manage their network" but I don't believe they are in a position to do things like this that remove the few positives they have. I think the 23gb soft cap is reasonable but annoying. Especially after they just said they weren't going to do it less than a year ago.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast