Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95

Thread: Sprint De-Prioritized

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    535
    Device(s)
    iPhone6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Sprint De-Prioritized

    I was so happening to look at Sprints New $70 plan terms and saw De-Prioritized will be activated after 23GB! Well there goes my Unlimited Data! Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445006560.055209.jpg
Views: 2144
Size:  91.7 KB
    TheTechKing

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,275
    Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    "In times where the Sprint network is congested," which is everywhere all the time. Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    535
    Device(s)
    iPhone6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    "In times where the Sprint network is congested," which is everywhere all the time. Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking the same thing

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    d.c.
    Posts
    1,955
    Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    0

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellDW View Post
    I was so happening to look at Sprints New $70 plan terms and saw De-Prioritized will be activated after 23GB! Well there goes my Unlimited Data! Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445006560.055209.jpg
Views: 2144
Size:  91.7 KB
    oooh c'mon sprint!


    dam, they've sat right down at the table to sip tea, with the mad hatter, & friends..

    smdh..


    right now I'm at 23.02gb used, later today, I'm going to a section of town "I know" stays congested, & speed test the results..
    >:-,

    “There's no benchmark for how life's "supposed" to happen. There is no ideal world for you to wait around for. The world is always just what it is now, it's up to you how you respond to it.”
    ― Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,310
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does this apply to the $60/unlimited plan?
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

    Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    535
    Device(s)
    iPhone6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    Does this apply to the $60/unlimited plan?
    According to Reddit it doesn't! So I guess we're saved on the $60 and $50 plans! But that's horrible pay $10 more and well throttle "oh sorry De Prioritize " your data!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    535
    Device(s)
    iPhone6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Sprint De-Prioritized

    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445012944.270638.jpg
Views: 1854
Size:  95.7 KB
    So after you upgrade your phone, they will de prioritize you. If you haven't upgraded before October 16, 2015 you're not under this policy! So when you upgrade your phone i.e. iPhone For Ever then you will be under the new policy!

    Plus they give us a pretty little chart of what we can do with 23GB, oh goody!
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445013197.282776.jpg
Views: 1748
Size:  71.8 KB

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,310
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellDW View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445012944.270638.jpg
Views: 1854
Size:  95.7 KB
    So after you upgrade your phone, they will de prioritize you. If you haven't upgraded before October 16, 2015 you're not under this policy! So when you upgrade your phone i.e. iPhone For Ever then you will be under the new policy!

    Plus they give us a pretty little chart of what we can do with 23GB, oh goody!
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1445013197.282776.jpg
Views: 1748
Size:  71.8 KB
    I was a BYOD customer, so now I'm gonna get penalized for getting a new phone? What a great way to welcome a customer... Guess I'm leaving.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    d.c.
    Posts
    1,955
    Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    I was a BYOD customer, so now I'm gonna get penalized for getting a new phone? What a great way to welcome a customer... Guess I'm leaving.
    you'll probably be OK -

    ".. It’s important to note that this QoS technique operates in real-time and only applies if a cell site is constrained. Prioritization is applied or removed every 20 milliseconds. And performance for the affected customer returns to normal as soon as traffic on the cell site also returns to normal, or the customer moves to a non-constrained site..."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    d.c.
    Posts
    1,955
    Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by j'vai View Post
    oooh c'mon sprint!


    dam, they've sat right down at the table to sip tea, with the mad hatter, & friends....

    "..The 23GB threshold is typical in the industry and other carriers have already implemented a simi.." gtfoh

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,685
    Feedback Score
    0
    Unlimited is effectively gone. They're forcing people onto bucket plans which make them more money. Simple as that. Even with all that Band 41 capacity they're unable to handle customers. That should tell you all you need to know about their "next gen network"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    113
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Unlimited is effectively gone. They're forcing people onto bucket plans which make them more money. Simple as that. Even with all that Band 41 capacity they're unable to handle customers. That should tell you all you need to know about their "next gen network"
    The next generation network has not even started. Sprint coverage still very spotty in any places.

    All that band 41 capacity is nothing without backhaul, and I doubt Sprint wants to pay a lot of money for more backhaul when they are basically broke.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,696
    Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    0
    AT&T throttles after 22GB, T-Mobile after 23GB - not sure about Verizon but point being this is now typical.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    205
    Feedback Score
    0
    23gb on sprint network is like 23tb with verizon. Few places where you can get full speed using sprint.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,275
    Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
    23gb on sprint network is like 23tb with verizon. Few places where you can get full speed using sprint.
    Lol exactly. My area receives about 4 Mbps down and 1.3 up while the other 3 carriers reach 40+ Mbps down.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint halts data throttling and prioritization
    By cellphone-guy in forum Sprint
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-21-2016, 04:26 PM
  2. Unlimited Data De-Prioritization gets clarified
    By atomic50 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-31-2015, 09:22 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2014, 02:33 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2013, 11:34 AM
  5. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 08:30 PM

Bookmarks