Page 1313 of 1316 FirstFirst ... 313 813 1213 1263 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 LastLast
Results 19,681 to 19,695 of 19735

Thread: AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility & Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Wonder how many macros they've added this year nationwide?

Sent from my SM-N960U 6GB aka Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Not sure. From the looks, I hope quite a bit. It seems they are in the beginning stages of building out areas in Nebraska, as noted on Reddit several days ago. Progress is always a good thing!
    - Bentley

AT&T's commercial 4G network, with LAA-LTE.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I’m not seeing any signs of improvement other than the few small cells here and there in the Birmingham metro. They need more macros ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    I’m not seeing any signs of improvement other than the few small cells here and there in the Birmingham metro. They need more macros ASAP.

AT&T came out with even more permits by me for fiber optics cable deployment in NYC. The latest permits show they have expanded the work past the commercial and residential side and looks to be heading across the main boulevard to closer to me. I do know AT&T has fiber cables in the area and has sidewalk and road markings which were for AT&T, so i am not sure the exact fiber route map. Most fiber optics cables from various firms tend to be in the same areas. I am not sure if AT&T is expanding their work further but I haven’t seem AT&T permits this close before. Other areas have seen AT&T work in the past.

I am hopeful this is due to 5G deployment. Also there are new antennas going up by me, which already had work done in the past lifting equipment recently so it looks like NYC is getting a lot of activity in upgrades for fiber optics as well as related equipment for antennas and the like.

Only Sprint has their 5G coverage map available. Nothing on Tmobile or AT&T maps and Verizon didn’t even start 5G in NYC yet but I don’t believe they have coverage maps up yet either.

For my next device I am looking into a foldable that fits in my pocket as a small phone that expands into ipad mini size tablet. It must have dual sim, work on AT&T and Verizon, and have 5G and all the bands available for both carriers and international bands. OLED doesn’t require backlighting so it will be OLED based display. The Samsung Fold for instance is too bulky and too small when it folds out and the design is not nice plus it likely doesn’t have 5G dual sim likely because current 5G devices require an extra chip till 2020. The 4G model has dual sim. Will see what comes out in the future.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!

Wanted to point out that att is also increasing backhaul on towers that use microwave backhaul. This is achieved from a few people I spoke with by adding a second microwave dish to achieve higher through put on the backhaul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by tyroned3222 View Post

Wanted to point out that att is also increasing backhaul on towers that use microwave backhaul. This is achieved from a few people I spoke with by adding a second microwave dish to achieve higher through put on the backhaul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More and more communities have been getting access to fiber optics and even powerline based internet which AT&T has been developing. Yes there are rural areas with super low usage where fiber is still too expensive to build out. NYC Metro for instance has fiber optics all over and I do not know of any microwave being used by AT&T which is actively building out even more fiber optics. I do know MetroPCS before its merger with T-Mobile was actually using microwave backhaul in NYC Metro. AT&T was initial Iphone carrier.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    More and more communities have been getting access to fiber optics and even powerline based internet which AT&T has been developing. Yes there are rural areas with super low usage where fiber is still too expensive to build out. NYC Metro for instance has fiber optics all over and I do not know of any microwave being used by AT&T which is actively building out even more fiber optics. I do know MetroPCS before its merger with T-Mobile was actually using microwave backhaul in NYC Metro. AT&T was initial Iphone carrier.
    There's a site by me that is using microwave in Whitestone, Queen's NYC.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes and also AT&t 3-g network in my area is on its death knell

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Yes and also AT&t 3-g network in my area is on its death knell

There’s only one channel left on HSPA 850 in our market (5x5). The rest of PCS and 850 is now on LTE

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    There’s only one channel left on HSPA 850 in our market (5x5). The rest of PCS and 850 is now on LTE
    About two years ago AT&t made it 10 megahertz main carrier and then the secondary 5 megahertz PCS carrier. Now 3-g is also almost gone here as well just one carrier left on HSPA

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold (Dual SIM)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Passing through Mora, MN this morning:

10 MHz 12 + 20 MHz 2

AT&T: 2008, 2012-2014, 2016-Present
    T-Mobile: 2011-2012, 2015, 2017-2019
    Verizon: 2010 via Straight Talk for 2 months, 2018
    Sprint: Couldn't pay me to use them

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

AT&T AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!

Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Passing through Mora, MN this morning:

10 MHz 12 + 20 MHz 2

That is pretty good.

Outside of the Twin Cities and Duluth, is that one of the faster AT&T speeds you have seen?

I wonder what places like Rochester and Saint Cloud are seeing for speeds.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    There's a site by me that is using microwave in Whitestone, Queen's NYC.

I doubt that microwave will handle 5G when its deployed which needs more bandwidth and closer antenna spacing. Not sure what the situation is at that site. I assume speeds are slow on that tower and it will get upgraded with new fiber based sites as they do more work over NYC. AT&T is super large but NYC metro has been largely upgraded to fiber by now and for 5G even more fiber optics will be built out along with site upgrades.

I was surprised Whitestone has no fiber optics at a site so I wouldnÂ’t know if its a temporary site, old site which just never got upgraded to fiber, or maybe something else. AT&T has gotten fiber optics done with micro trenching, and other mechanisms and so permits or access in NYC for pole attached fiber optics, or even new manholes with underground fiber havenÂ’t been issues.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I doubt that microwave will handle 5G when its deployed which needs more bandwidth and closer antenna spacing. Not sure what the situation is at that site. I assume speeds are slow on that tower and it will get upgraded with new fiber based sites as they do more work over NYC. AT&T is super large but NYC metro has been largely upgraded to fiber by now and for 5G even more fiber optics will be built out along with site upgrades.

I was surprised Whitestone has no fiber optics at a site so I wouldnÂ’t know if its a temporary site, old site which just never got upgraded to fiber, or maybe something else. AT&T has gotten fiber optics done with micro trenching, and other mechanisms and so permits or access in NYC for pole attached fiber optics, or even new manholes with underground fiber havenÂ’t been issues.
    I'm pretty sure here in East Brunswick where I live they have fiber deployed all over the city.

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility & Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Passing through Roland, Oklahoma

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold (Dual SIM)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    That is pretty good.

Outside of the Twin Cities and Duluth, is that one of the faster AT&T speeds you have seen?

I wonder what places like Rochester and Saint Cloud are seeing for speeds.
    Fastest speed I’ve seen outside of Duluth or Minneapolis is 160 Mbps.

Never been to Rochester, but St. Cloud was fine. Spectrum is choppy- B2 is 5 MHz, B4 is a 5 and 10 MHz channel, 5 is 5 MHz, 12 is 10 MHz, 14 is 10 MHz, 30 is 10 MHz, and 66 is 10 MHz. 14 was on every site I was on, fastest test I saw there was 70 Mbps, which was kind of shocking, but I’m sure the lack of contiguity didn’t help anything. I probably averaged about 40-50 Mbps though.

Page 1313 of 1316 FirstFirst ... 313 813 1213 1263 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 LastLast