Thread: New Jailbreak for iOS 9.XX Released

Feedback Score

New Jailbreak for iOS 9.XX Released

Feedback Score
    So, I did the JailBreak and it ran smoothly and installed Cydia. So far, so good.

After I tried to install a few of my favorite apps, my phone (iPhone 6s Plus, 128 Gb, AT&T) kept rebooting in Safe Mode. No problem, I just uninstalled the newest app, and all was good. The problem was, if an app installed, it did not appear in the Settings Menu, so there was no way to turn it on or off, or configure any settings.

I finally shut my phone OFF, and tried to restart it. No soap, it only booted to a white apple and stayed there for several minutes. I finally got iTunes to recognize it, and did a Restore As New, then a Restore from backup.

Everything is back to normal, but I suggest waiting for a few days, or until iOS 9.1 drops, before using this JailBreak. At least that way, you'll have a few days while 9.0X is still being signed, and the developers of Cydia apps might have updated their apps for iOS 9 to 9.1.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Nice review. Yes I'll stay on 8.4.1 stable jailbreak for a while.

Feedback Score
    I was on 8.4 with my 6 Plus, but I just upgraded to a 6s Plus, which came with iOS 9.

Feedback Score
    Well, I've read enough to give it another try. Seems I had installed an app or two that was not compatible with iOS 9.XX and that caused my boot loop.

I'm now running iOS 9.02 and did the Pangu 1.0.1 JailBreak this morning, which sailed through in about 7-10 minutes. Cydia has been updated and runs normally. There are many apps that now work on the new OS, and a few of them I really appreciate, which is why I decided to give it another try.

So far, I have installed the following apps which all perform flawlessly:

20 Second Lockscreen
    Badge Customizer
    BetterFiveColumnHomescreen
    BetterFiveIconDock
    CCSettings
    FolderEnhancer
    NoAppStoreRedirect
    PandoraSkips
    PDANet
    ScramblePass
    Speak Notification
    StatusModifier
    SupportUnsupportedAccessories
    TransparentDock

I have not had a single crash, lockup, or other malfunction in the past 6 hours while testing, installing and rebooting/restarting my i6s Plus. No battery drain issues, diminished volume, screen dimming, etc. either. I'll try and keep posting the function of this JailBreak, and add any apps to the list that I'm interested in that have been updated for iOS 9.

So far, so good !
    Last edited by daleraver; 10-16-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Nice review. Yes I'll stay on 8.4.1 stable jailbreak for a while.
    Unfortunately that's not an option for people who buy phones today. 8-(
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Well, I did end up doing a restore to being unjailbroken. After installing a few more apps, I could no longer get Cydia to load. My phone ran fine, and the JB apps were working, but I could not get into Cydia to modify, add or delete apps from my system. This was an indication that the system is not quite stable enough for my tastes, so I'll wait a week or two and try again then.

My phone is restoring back to original condition from my backup as we speak. I suspect that a support file from Cydia may be the cause, but it doesn't matter where the problem is, I am confident it will be resolved in due time.

Feedback Score
    Well, I just can't seem to leave this alone.

I did some on line research, and found out what might have been causing my issues, and and how to resolve any possible problems. The solution was to learn how to reboot in Safe Mode if you ended up in what's been described as "The BootLoop of Death" (BLoD). This is a condition that ends up with the Apple emblem displayed indefinitely upon a reboot. The solution is merely to reboot with power and home buttons and hold down the UP volumn button to reboot into safe mode. Then you can open Cydia and delete apps until your phone boots normally.

The app that caused my BLoD was: StatusModifier. Once it was removed, everything was fine. I'm going to run my phone for a few days before experimenting with apps not on the approved list below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=0&single=true

I suggest you wait until there is either an update to the Cydia apps you want/need, or just accept that you might need to do a restore if you can't clear the BLoD.

So far, it seems very stable though, here's a screenshot of my home screen with a few of the mods visible.

Name:  IMG_2428.PNG
Views: 119
Size:  380.1 KB

Feedback Score
    For those who are straddling the fence, iOS 9.1 was just released. That means Apple will only be signing 9.02 and lower for a few more days. the 9.02 and below versions are the only one that the new Pangu jailbreak will work on currently, so the clock is ticking for JailBreaks.