Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Verizon now trying to price people out of unlimited?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question

Since I know that some of you guys have the same exact grandfathered-in plan I do (Corporate Flat Rate Plan with Unlimited Data for $29.99 a month and a Line Access Fee of $11.99 a month) have any of you checked to see if VZW will apply a discount on the rate plan based on who your employer is?

I've just tried upgrading with the Best Buy Method and I keep getting an Error Code of 19997 that no one at Best Buy knows anything about. So now I'm wondering if Verizon would let me get any discounts on this line that might help offset some of that $20 a month increase?
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    How will getting an early upgrade help you? I assume you'd have to upgrade with Verizon to get it done early? And if so, since you can't renew your unlimited data contract with Verizon I think you are out of luck.
    Oh i do not want an upgrade, just the contract applied. I've been buying my devices at MSRP since the upgrade policy took affect a few years ago anyway (and i've also found out that about the time whatever droid i have finally dies, they generally replace it with a new model one anyway through insurance)
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Oh i do not want an upgrade, just the contract applied. I've been buying my devices at MSRP since the upgrade policy took affect a few years ago anyway (and i've also found out that about the time whatever droid i have finally dies, they generally replace it with a new model one anyway through insurance)
    The problem is that you can't "just get the contract".
    I tried a bunch of different ways.

The only way I found was to go through the "Best Buy Method".
    Funny thing is that I was never offered a tiered plan. On my invoice it says, "Keep Existing Plan".
    I'll use that if they ever try to switch me. Must have been a glitch in the system.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I ordered from BB on 10/15 and contract date extended on that same day to 10/15/2017 but I still got a notification that my data will go up $20 on 11/15. Not sure if their system already compiled a list before 10/15 to notify affected customers.

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    I ordered from BB on 10/15 and contract date extended on that same day to 10/15/2017 but I still got a notification that my data will go up $20 on 11/15. Not sure if their system already compiled a list before 10/15 to notify affected customers.
    The pop up says it will go up if you aren't in a contract

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    If it is the same popup that other people got, which has been posted in one of these threads, it does not specifically say that YOU will or will not have the increase. It makes generalizations. It also is not clear what it means by "currently" under contract. Does that mean when you receive that notice, or by November 15th? Actually, they also say "if any of your lines" are under contract, which could be construed as just needing a contract on, well, any, of your lines to avoid it on all. It is a very poorly written notice.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Also got the notice today when logged in.

Not sure if I should keep and make it my primary connection or just leave VZ or switch to a lower price plan.

I have never abused unlimited. My 5-line unlimited plan averages 20gb per month. We primarily use wifi and try to stay fair.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    Also got the notice today when logged in.

Not sure if I should keep and make it my primary connection
    Hmmm, wonder how many UL data customers might be planning on doing this to compensate for the $20 price increase. Drop home internet and actually end up saving money even with the price increase. Did it myself for a couple of years, worked great when I had no wifi. Verizon could be shooting themselves in the foot if enough customers did this.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Hmmm, wonder how many UL data customers might be planning on doing this to compensate for the $20 price increase. Drop home internet and actually end up saving money even with the price increase. Did it myself for a couple of years, worked great when I had no wifi. Verizon could be shooting themselves in the foot if enough customers did this.
    Does Verizon still allow to add the $30 per month tethering option to unlimited?

Honestly I would rather have it throttled at 20-23gb per line like everyone else vs this increase.

My home ISP I use about 150gb per month.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    Does Verizon still allow to add the $30 per month tethering option to unlimited?

Honestly I would rather have it throttled at 20-23gb per line like everyone else vs this increase.

My home ISP I use about 150gb per month.
    Yup, but I would just change the voice plan to the $15 30 minute plan then throw the sim into a hotspot or a Usb stick modem with a wifi router. I do this at my cabin (where no other reliable broadband is available).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone XS:
    Verizon February UDP (Physical Sim)
    AT&T Unlimited Plus (E-SIM)

iPad Pro 10.5:
    Verizon February UDP

Rural Internet:
    Nighthawk HW1.0 LTE on AT&T Unlimited Plus
    Don’t cheap out on your cables!!!
    Years of struggle to get good speeds on a crap signal
    All solved with some quality LMR400 cables
    (went from 1-6mbps to 20-60mbps!!!)

AT&T Fiber

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobot View Post
    Yup, but I would just change the voice plan to the $15 30 minute plan then throw the sim into a hotspot or a Usb stick modem with a wifi router. I do this at my cabin (where no other reliable broadband is available).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This...all day long.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I did this a few years ago and on my droid I had to physically tether it with a usb. had great speed, could watch movies, anything. Rooted so no extra fees. I'd probably do this if I still had UL data. Even easier to do these days as mentioned above

Device(s)
    Pixel 3, Moto G5Plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW Prepaid 15GB/$45
    Feedback Score
    Are there any concerns with SIM functionality if you swap it out of phone? I am using a Nexus 6 with voLTE and I thought putting the SIM in a different device would have negative effects when you return it to phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Are there any concerns with SIM functionality if you swap it out of phone? I am using a Nexus 6 with voLTE and I thought putting the SIM in a different device would have negative effects when you return it to phone.
    Nope not at all, I have a LTE Netgear MBR1515L and it works amazing when i'm back in Ohio at the parents house - they cannot get anything other than satellite and dial-up..

I just pop the SIM in the 1515L and use it for the 2-3 weeks a year when i'm there and it usually gets 10-15Mbps on 700MHz so no complaints here.

Feedback Score
    You can also buy a cheap verizon prepaid jet pack at Walmart for 47 bucks and pop ur unlimited Sim in and works fine. I've been doing this for a year now on one of my lines.

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast