Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Verizon now trying to price people out of unlimited?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    If this shows up on my bill I am leaving Verizon.
    Bye now.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxzon1138 View Post
    I am simply wondering if those that are on UDP have a way to fight back if there is a way other than switching carries. I never said it was illegal, I wondered if it could be viewed as such when one looks at the other things they have done to UDP customers. In its totality it looks very hostile toward the UDP customers. That could be seen as gouging.
    You seem to use that word as if it has a specific meaning, maybe you think it is even a legal term. That is not the case it is completely subjective, like saying a person is ugly. Companies are allowed to be hostile to their customers they are allowed to charge whatever they want for their products there is no legal issue in either of those things. If they had broken the terms of a contract, then the recourse is to enter into binding arbitration one customer at a time.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Go to Best Buy, upgrade your phones, and sign a new 2-year contract. That way you have 2 years of the old rate. And 2 years from now, if Best Buy will still let you do a 2-year upgrade contract keeping your plan unchanged, do it again.
    I saw the loophole awhile ago. Wasn't sure if it still worked. Do I need to go to an actual bestbuy location or can I do it online?
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Sine we have 2 threads on this same topic can we get someone to merge them?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I made such a request of the Admins/Mods earlier this afternoon. I reported one thread, and in the report I gave a link to the other, asking that they be merged. It might help if a couple other people did the same.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I saw the loophole awhile ago. Wasn't sure if it still worked. Do I need to go to an actual bestbuy location or can I do it online?
    Just do a Google search "Verizon best buy upgrade". It's all over the place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Actually, you MUST do it 100% online with home shipping. In-store purchase and/or pick-up doesn't work, because the workers are required to activate the new phone with a new SIM before you leave. The Best Buy method bypasses the final step because you activate the new phone with your old SIM instead of the SIM that ships inside the new phone. (Activating the new SIM is the final step that kills your UDP.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    You seem to use that word as if it has a specific meaning, maybe you think it is even a legal term. That is not the case it is completely subjective, like saying a person is ugly. Companies are allowed to be hostile to their customers they are allowed to charge whatever they want for their products there is no legal issue in either of those things. If they had broken the terms of a contract, then the recourse is to enter into binding arbitration one customer at a time.

No, sorry, I don't think it's a legal term and never thought it was. Lol. I am simply wondering if this goes into the territory of price gouging in which case a stink could be made with regulators. You seem to indicate clearly that it can not and its fine for the company to be hostile toward customers which is unfortunate, but a reality we live in. We need to only look at a company like Comcast to see that these corporations can get away with a lot. Verizon is doing the same here.

That being said, legal or not, it doesn't seem like a good practice to hammer on a small and shrinking section of their customer base who simply took a deal that was offered at the time and have done nothing wrong except deciding to keep the plan.

AT&T got in trouble for pulling shenanigans with unlimited customers but they were secretly throttling those people and not informing them. This is not what's happening here but it is a pretty shameless way to shake out the last of the UDP customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well keep in mind they could just as easily simply cancel all unlimited plans unilaterally. I agree they're not being very smart about it if their objective is avoiding bad public relations. In any case, seems to me a heck of a lot of those people on UTP we're not actually making good use of it and were grossly overpaying for their service so many ways Verizon is actually doing them a favor by encouraging them to move on to other providers, even if it is within the Verizon network through MVNOs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    I KNOW it's a typo, but I can't stop laughing at "pooping a SIM into a hotspot"!

I wonder how much longer Verizon Wireless will allow Best Buy to keep putting people on new contracts? Since VZW has done away with contracts as of August, will you even have an option to do another 2-year upgrade contract when the new one ends?
    You can still do contracts through Verizon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I realize I'm an odd duck, but Verizon just made a decision for me. Been UDP from the get-go. Windows phone user. I just can't bring myself to regressing to an IOS or DROID interface, plus camera on WP is usually superior, which is a major factor for me. Yes, I miss having some key apps. ATT has really increased its coverage in my area. I'll be heading there as soon as the new WP comes out. I'll leave my wife on VZW prepaid and just go prepaid on my jetpack when needed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Well keep in mind they could just as easily simply cancel all unlimited plans unilaterally. I agree they're not being very smart about it if their objective is avoiding bad public relations. In any case, seems to me a heck of a lot of those people on UTP we're not actually making good use of it and were grossly overpaying for their service so many ways Verizon is actually doing them a favor by encouraging them to move on to other providers, even if it is within the Verizon network through MVNOs
    That's a very good point. I know of several people who still have unlimited and don't use that much data and could save a fortune by "downgrading" to 2-4 gigabytes a month. But the word unlimited has a great ring to it and they won't let go of it despite shooting themselves in the foot each month.

The move could indeed do a lot of people who aren't heavy data users a big favor. I'd say a small segment of these remaining customers are in the heavy use category. They'll hang on until it's taken away by an executive decision from up high.

I just look at some of the things Verizon says and does and wonder if it's really pure arrogance or someone is trying to tank the company from bad PR. They can be severely tone deaf at times.

I surmise there may be a time where the before mentioned customers voting with their feet kicks into a higher gear and simply having the best coverage alone won't be enough to retain people.

I also notice Verizon is doing a series of me too moves the last year to year and a half to keep up with the the smaller carriers. The most recent being the yearly iPhone upgrade plan if on device payment. That was a reaction not just to the carriers like T-Mobile but also Apple themselves. They are following instead of leading. Over time, that can lead to some problems.

Big Red won't go away anytime soon if ever. But they'll shed some customers. More than they'd like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monoparadox View Post
    I realize I'm an odd duck, but Verizon just made a decision for me. Been UDP from the get-go. Windows phone user. I just can't bring myself to regressing to an IOS or DROID interface, plus camera on WP is usually superior, which is a major factor for me. Yes, I miss having some key apps. ATT has really increased its coverage in my area. I'll be heading there as soon as the new WP comes out. I'll leave my wife on VZW prepaid and just go prepaid on my jetpack when needed.
    I'd say talk to retentions before moving anywhere but if you're an avid WP user, AT&T may be the spot for you after the recent announcements by MS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Why? There are at least two threads about every single subject ever discussed on this website. There are at least two dozen threads about "when is Verizon going to end unlimited data plans".

Feedback Score
    Best buy loophole makes great since right now at a $480 savings over two years plus I'm just going to sell my two new iPhone because of their good resale. I am personally a Samsung person and since I just got the note 5 I'm staying with it. I would use the best buy method ASAP before we get some notice about the change officially or they stop the loophole.

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast