Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Could Sprint go Bankrupt????

Device(s)
    droid bionic 4glte
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    When i worked there as a tech, the Management was so awful, and was not focusing on the right things.

They were all grossly overpaid, and really did not do anything other than just complain and be ok with having such a horrible network.

I think Son/Marcelo have done wonders for the company but they need to get a flame under their *** and finish Network Vision, luckily here in Phoenix it's been amazing since about 2 weeks ago, I'm getting B41 pretty much everywhere outside (even driving down the freeway), and dropping to PCS inside like it's suppose too

Between that and CA, i'm pulling ~50-80Mbps pretty steadily, even in really busy areas where T-Mobile and Verizon are struggling to hold 1-2Mbps
    Fanboy hehehehe

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by codemillions View Post
    Fanboy hehehehe
    I would hardly call myself a fanboy, If you look at any of my past posts i've been called a troll more often than not (here in the Sprint forums)

I still use Verizon since i have Unlimited Data and Hotspot there, but I HATE Verizon's voice quality, it's just atrocious compared to all the other networks
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Feedback Score
    I would hardly call myself a fanboy, If you look at any of my past posts i've been called a troll more often than not (here in the Sprint forums)

I still use Verizon since i have Unlimited Data and Hotspot there, but I HATE Verizon's voice quality, it's just atrocious compared to all the other networks
    How's Sprint's compared to Verizon?

Feedback Score

I agree on the Voice Quality, but have you had a chance to use Volte? It is much better.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I'd say you're pretty fair to all the providers as you've used multiple ones. Agreed, VZW's voice is simply atrocious. My mom is the last legacy person on VZW in my direct family/contacts as she has unlimited with them still. I loathe speaking to her on the phone if she or I are in a busy or noisy or any non-ideal condition. The conversation is meaningless.

Has there been anymore word on Softbank either buying more or actually guiding Sprint with the intent to run it as a business and not just lope along doing this and that? We've read the recent articles where Son seems to have just thrown his arms up and walked off.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    I agree on the Voice Quality, but have you had a chance to use Volte? It is much better.
    VoLTE bring VZW to a semi acceptable level, but still not as good as Sprint, T-Mobile or at&t.

Verizon's LTE is so patchy when driving around here though you end up dropping a bunch of calls on it, so unless you plan on staying still while talking on the phone VoLTE is practically useless on VZW anyway

Feedback Score
    VoLTE bring VZW to a semi acceptable level, but still not as good as Sprint, T-Mobile or at&t.

Verizon's LTE is so patchy when driving around here though you end up dropping a bunch of calls on it, so unless you plan on staying still while talking on the phone VoLTE is practically useless on VZW anyway
    It definitely depends on the area but the 700mhz goes pretty far.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Roger Entner is the Founder and Lead Analyst of Recon Analytics. He is known around the globe as one of the most respected telecom experts

Wireless Week's Tuesdays with Roger: Is Sprint the Wireless Industry's Canary?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    It definitely depends on the area but the 700mhz goes pretty far.
    Yea it can go pretty far. But in places like Phoenix with non optimal site placement, and LTE not being on all the sites, this creates an issue while driving around

I'm sorry but as far as voice service goes, Verizon is defiantly not worth paying $100+/mo for

I put them in the $60ish category at the most as pretty much every other provider I've used has had much better quality voice service, and text messaging that performed much better as well

Feedback Score
    I think the voice quality is an acquired sense. For example the longer I use Verizon the more normal it sounds and the more improved HD Voice sounds as well. But it is kind of like Verizon doesn't add Bass to their CODEC. It very high and tinny. But I am used to it now.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    In terms of voice quality I like tmobile best, and then att second best. Verizon call quality I generally don't like.

I think sprint is making some of the right moves, they just either make the decisions too slow or the implementations are too slow. I'm sure money is a factor also.
    Sent from my RM-1073_1004 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I think the voice quality is an acquired sense. For example the longer I use Verizon the more normal it sounds and the more improved HD Voice sounds as well. But it is kind of like Verizon doesn't add Bass to their CODEC. It very high and tinny. But I am used to it now.
    It's just like people who had legacy Cingular where i'm originally from - they thought having no service in most buildings were fine and just settled with what they were used too

You call it getting used to it, i say it's settling and nothing less. Verizon charges a premium and needs to act like a premium product, not a kia rio with a different badge pretending to be some high end thing.

Feedback Score
    The audio quality on voice calls is hardly an important issue for most people. If it were the CDMA technology would have been adapted to improve that factor decades ago.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    The audio quality on voice calls is hardly an important issue for most people. If it were the CDMA technology would have been adapted to improve that factor decades ago.
    It's not even really a CDMA vs GSM thing.. Sprint's CDMA voice quality is just fine. Verizon is just compressing their phone calls down to the 4.7kbps EVRC codec that's killing it

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, LG Leon LTE, Xiaomi Note 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    I'm in love with T-Mobile's HD Voice. I can hear my family like a Skype conversation. I don't think we can go back to Sprint anymore!
    Jeffw16

Blog

1. T-Mobile Band 4 LTE at UTD, 2. T-Mobile Band 12 LTE, 3. TWC 100Mbps

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast