Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Constant dropped calls in home zone

Feedback Score
    ^Not Sure who told you this or you just made this up. You are NOT LYING or are suppose to Lie when signing up for a MB or SK plan, you are suppose to use your Real address along with your Real ID from the Province you reside in. Once again no LYING is involved what so ever unless the person signing up is Purposly doing it.

Device(s)
    Samsung S8, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No need for the snark, the point was I don't feel like a workaround for a plan I'm not eligible for (I am aware you use your own info...perhaps I should have said exploiting the system as its not really lying to a person necessarily), and that Wind needs to get their **** together. I know tons of people that want to use them including myself because they have reasonable pricing but just can't because of how bad the network/ congestion is. I put up with it but I can't rely on it. I would even gladly absorb some roaming charge to ensure my calls went through when I need but they don't allow that either (in the GTA anyway). It would still be cheaper than keeping a basic line with Rogers.

Getting back to the core topic, OP, are you noticing it is happening at specific times of day? I find its usually about 2pm to about 7pm on weekdays pretty much everything is unusuable depending where I am (On the road for work a lot, presently out by Square One...and its awful). At home its usually worst around rush hours because of the DVP (almost all calls go to voicemail without ringing, don't even bother trying to call anyone around that time because its garbled to hell).

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheDraconicOne; 09-27-2015 at 07:16 AM.

Feedback Score
    ^If I corrected you I am being a snark.

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My experience of wind network at home has gone worse over time that I had no choice but to leave after my tab runs out after three years. I'm one block away from the wind cell and it shouldn't be so bad but it did.

They bad? Hard to say, but they didn't fix it, not for a long time. So is it good? Can I not say it's bad? As some say, it's a discussion forum, and last I check, the mods here are more than liberal. Almost anything goes here.
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Feedback Score
    Honestly, I believe the problem is us: Wind's subscribers!

1. Wind is still a little kid on the block. He can't possibly keep each and every customer happy. Some places they cover ... MOST they don't / can't. These things take time, money and planning. The big 3 morons didn't get here in one day, or year! It took them many many years even though Bell, Rogers and others were able to make millions, if not billions of dollars from Canadians on TV, landline phone and other **** like that. Wind has no other source of revenue except us.

2. They try to give us more by charging less (a lot less!) than BIG3s. What do we do? We go nuts. Just looking at my other thread, people download / upload as if they won lottery!

3. ABWagner keeps repeating all these and MORE but no one seems to understand his absolutely valid points!

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Disturbia View Post
    Of course it is. If there were fewer subscribers, the congestion issues go away.

Some places they cover ... MOST they don't / can't.
    Hmmmm if only their coverage map showed these holes instead of setting people up for disappointment.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Device(s)
    Nokia 5110, Samsung SGH-P207, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score

1. Wind is still a little kid on the block. He can't possibly keep each and every customer happy. Some places they cover ... MOST they don't / can't. These things take time, money and planning. The big 3 morons didn't get here in one day, or year! It took them many many years even though Bell, Rogers and others were able to make millions, if not billions of dollars from Canadians on TV, landline phone and other **** like that. Wind has no other source of revenue except us.

2. They try to give us more by charging less (a lot less!) than BIG3s. What do we do? We go nuts. Just looking at my other thread, people download / upload as if they won lottery!

3. ABWagner keeps repeating all these and MORE but no one seems to understand his absolutely valid points!
    All those excuses are fine for data and coverage, which is why I've never complained about their data speed or coverage, but when you have problems with VOICE calls with full service in 2015 that's, frankly, absurd.

Feedback Score
    Nope, I'm noticing that it's happening all the time. Whenever I talk to anyone, anywhere in the KW Wind home zone, the person on the other end can barely make out what I'm saying on my OnePlus. So I'm not sure if it's a modem issue in the nightlies and I haven't had any bad flashes where I encountered bootloops or bricked the phone. It's very frustrating to not be able to get even decent call quality, apart form the data issue with Wind.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
    Nope, I'm noticing that it's happening all the time. Whenever I talk to anyone, anywhere in the KW Wind home zone, the person on the other end can barely make out what I'm saying on my OnePlus. So I'm not sure if it's a modem issue in the nightlies and I haven't had any bad flashes where I encountered bootloops or bricked the phone. It's very frustrating to not be able to get even decent call quality, apart form the data issue with Wind.
    See if you can try it on a different phone. If the issues persist with a non-OnePlus, then it is possibly the network. If it instantly changes, then it is likely the phone. Perhaps it is the SIM that is having issues, so if you can test someone else's phone with its SIM against yours and your SIM in the same area, it gives you an idea on what to look for.

Have you taken it into a Wind store to let them look at it? Tried a different phone at the Wind store, if you can't find anyone else with a Wind phone.

Is the calling within the KW home zone to another Wind customer, to a landline or another wireless carrier?

Does the same problem happen if you call out of the KW home zone to anywhere else?

Is your SIM an original SIM or a cut-down SIM to make it fit your OnePlus?

Are you able to pop the SIM out and clean it?

Just tossing ideas out for you to look at.

Good luck.
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the quick reply ABWagner.

I don't know anyone that has another Wind phone or Sim card so I'll have to go into the Wind store. Luckily I'm about a 3 minute walk from one.

The calling is to both landlines and non Wind mobile numbers.

The problem happens no matter where I call.

I will pop the sim (original btw) out now and give it a clean.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3