Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Constant dropped calls in home zone

Feedback Score

Constant dropped calls in home zone

I'm using a oneplus one on cm 12.1 nightlies.
    Too often I sound garbled to the people hearing me and every now and then the call drops. Can I update the modem drivers on this phone or something to improve the quality?

Feedback Score
    ^Winds Voice Call Quality has always been Garbage. They are even worse then Mobilicity

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    ^Winds Voice Call Quality has always been Garbage. They are even worse then Mobilicity

Your statement above to someone who appears to be changing his phone ROMs on possibly a daily basis, that the problem is his network and not his modified phone is asinine. Perhaps you are so tied to Telus and the big 3 that you can't see anything beyond your own pocketbook.

I've been with Wind since March 2010 and I've had ZERO problems with voice quality, first on a Nokia phone and for almost two years on an iPhone. I support the competition that Wind brings to the market against the oligopoly of the big 3.
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    Winds Voice Call Quality has always been Garbage. They are even worse then Mobilicity
    This makes it sound as though you're in somebody's pocket . . . .
    I've been with WIND since virtually Day 1, and voice quality has never been a major problem for me.
    John <><

Device(s)
    Nokia 5110, Samsung SGH-P207, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wind's voice network is garbage in a lot of parts, congestion is a real problem. I don't know why you guys are ragging on him.

At my workplace during peak hours the call quality is terrible, I'm constantly repeating myself and I miss a ton of calls. When I work weekends or nights zero problems.

This is with three different phones over the course of three years so don't tell me it's a problem with my phone or just a one off occurrence.

To be fair, it's MOSTLY okay everywhere else I go, but some spots are really congested at certain times.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    It makes me laugh when people are ignorant enough to make comments about modifying one's device. The radio used with the custom ROM is the same as a stock device, and the hardware is identical, so you should be able to modify to your hearts content without issue. Just sayin

For the record, I have a Nexus 5- totally stock, before that a Note 3 also stock, Nexus 4 also stock, Huawei Ascend Mate- also stock, and I have/had problems with dropped calls, poor reception, slow data speed, etc. with them all, how to explain that logically?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerSlacker View Post
    Wind's voice network is garbage in a lot of parts, congestion is a real problem. I don't know why you guys are ragging on him.

At my workplace during peak hours the call quality is terrible, I'm constantly repeating myself and I miss a ton of calls. When I work weekends or nights zero problems.

This is with three different phones over the course of three years so don't tell me it's a problem with my phone or just a one off occurrence.

To be fair, it's MOSTLY okay everywhere else I go, but some spots are really congested at certain times.
    Every network can have problems for various reasons. A growing network like Winds, with limited bandwidth, obviously has problems at different places and at different times. To claim the whole network is crap as was claimed above is a claim that is just BS.

Wind has had under 6 years to build its network, compared to 30 years for the big 3. Yes Captain Obvious, Winds network isn't as big and robust, but it's not garbage.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the super View Post
    It makes me laugh when people are ignorant enough to make comments about modifying one's device. The radio used with the custom ROM is the same as a stock device, and the hardware is identical, so you should be able to modify to your hearts content without issue. Just sayin
    Yeah, ROM upgrades that control audio and other electronic functions are always successful. I forgot about that here at the brickyard. Just sayin.

For the record, I have a Nexus 5- totally stock, before that a Note 3 also stock, Nexus 4 also stock, Huawei Ascend Mate- also stock, and I have/had problems with dropped calls, poor reception, slow data speed, etc. with them all, how to explain that logically?
    You're holding them wrong.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    No use arguing with a person who owns a device that cannot be modified even if the owner wanted to. Ignorance is bliss

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    No use arguing with a person who owns a device that cannot be modified even if the owner wanted to. Ignorance is bliss
    Yep, the iPhone is so perfect it can't be broken. No rooting of iPhones is possible. Jailbreaks just don't happen. And all Apple updates never cause a problem. EVER!

You know, laughter really is the best medicine.

I choose NOT to try to toy around with my iPhone. Lots of those people who did got their Apple-ID information stolen, plus whatever other information they might have lost. Phones have so MUCH personal info, but I guess I'm from a generation that prized that.

Security means something to some people. For others it will only mean something when it is taken away.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10+
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

I'm sure there are pockets where voice has issues but I've been with WIND for close to 6 years now and it's the one thing I never have a problem with. I travel extensively throughout the "home zone" from Milton, Niagara region, Stoney Creek, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto, etc through to Peterborough, with the occasional jaunt down to K/W/ Guelph and voice has always been strong for me. On Monday I had someone comment how clear I was, how sharp and realistic I sounded. Admittedly, I have some issues at home (M1L) where making a voice call in certain rooms isn't wise but I live in a 80 year old double brick constructed house with solid brick interior walls which we all know AWS has issues with, but for the most part in the rooms where I actually live I'm able to get more than a usable signal. My issues haven't been with voice but data has been a pain in the arse in the past. Things seem to have sorted themselves out again and it's working better than it has for a very long time. I just don't have an awful lot of confidence as to how long that's going to be.

Feedback Score
    OP, if you are having problems with CM12, give slimsaber a try. The link below includes latest firmware, which hasn't changed in ages. I am running it on my one+ and have no problems with Wind. Well, not no problems. There are network issues that have nothing to do with software, as much as the Wind fanboys would have us believe that the Wind network is rock solid. TBH, if anything goes wrong with my phone, my first instinct is to treat as network issue until proven otherwise. To the nightly naysayers, please don't cry when Samsung takes 6 months to roll out a simple software fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...bacon-t2858033

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    There are network issues that have nothing to do with software, as much as the Wind fanboys would have us believe that the Wind network is rock solid. TBH, if anything goes wrong with my phone, my first instinct is to treat as network issue until proven otherwise.[/url]
    Winds network is large, spanning 3 provinces, with a large chunk of southern Ontario being in there. It has grown in 6 years from zero infrastructure to almost 1500 towers.

Those of us who like, and yes, defend, Winds network use it everyday. It is not a useless network as the naysayers say.

You and others seem to take it as a personal affront that there are people who can use it with few or even any problems. It's not big enough, not fast enough, not whatever enough in the 14 year old penis envy mindset of the critic who can only see black and white and can only think "WINNING!"

All I can hear is "WHINING!"

YMMV.

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    In my Abbottsford to Whistler Travels, Plus some time in Calgary and the GTA, Even Victoria when it was running unofficial service. Voice for me has always worked, Data not. But in a pinch, What I need is Voice, Not Data.

I use my phone for work also, and its not let me down.

With my 4 lines and 5 years of service, I've saved Literally Thousands. I can live with that.

This has been my experience, and its only been Positive.

D.

Feedback Score
    I can't pick up Wind at our house by the US border in South Surrey, but do receive it a couple of kilometers north of here. I will get dropped calls if someone calls me while I am nearing my home and my phone goes onto Wind Away (which isn't usable due to me being in Wind territory in theory). Things are fine again when I get home and manually switch to AT &T. I keep hoping for improvement of reception down by the border. We took a road trip up to Kamloops and the Cariboo and I was very pleased with Wind Away throughout the trip other than some spots on the Coquihalla Hwy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast