Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: RingPlus - discussion of plans and plan changes

Feedback Score

RingPlus - discussion of plans and plan changes

The main RingPlus thread is getting huge. Trying to break off a topic into it's own thread.

It looks like the Pepper plan only has 10 MB of data now. Not sure, but I think that is much lower than before.

I am also not seeing the Diversity plan listed on their website now. Maybe they are consolidating plans and tightening up the free ones. If you got a VIP plan, you are lucky.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    The VIP plans and Diversity Plan were based on the growth of its service. The tightening of the plans most likely reflects growth that has leveled off.

Feedback Score

RingPlus - discussion of plans and plan changes

Quote Originally Posted by Barry in NC View Post
    The main RingPlus thread is getting huge. Trying to break off a topic into it's own thread.

It looks like the Pepper plan only has 10 MB of data now. Not sure, but I think that is much lower than before.

I am also not seeing the Diversity plan listed on their website now. Maybe they are consolidating plans and tightening up the free ones. If you got a VIP plan, you are lucky.
    Right they only opened VIP Pepper or Bonus Pepper on a couple of occasions for a few hours or at most part of a day. The same with Diversity but it has been offered once or twice a week in several recent weeks. Hopefully you can grab that on the next opening.

These promos were never listed on their web page outside the special offer periods.

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Diversity is a promotional plan that's only available for a limited time limited time it was last offered on Sunday 9AM to 9PM PDT.

The regular Pepper plan has always come with just 10 MB. There have been some promotions where Pepper plans activated during the promo got 260 MB/month instead of the usual 10 MB. The last Pepper promo was Aug 27 from 3 to 9 PM PDT.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    The $2 Joy plan is no longer in the list of available plans. Also, the other low $ paid plan - don't remember the name. The least expensive paid plan is now $10 Delight.

The promotions and specials are usually posted at: discourse.ringplus.net with some advanced notice - sometimes days.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    What did Ring Plus hope to discover from a marketing point of view by making its last promotion on the holiest day of the year for Jews? Personally, I think Ring Plus has a few screws loose upstairs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    What did Ring Plus hope to discover from a marketing point of view by making its last promotion on the holiest day of the year for Jews? Personally, I think Ring Plus has a few screws loose upstairs.
    Perhaps but the good news is that all of these complaints will hopefully force them to run it again and this time I will try to be ready.

Feedback Score
    I think they were just 'brainstorming', if you throw enough things at a wall at least something is bound to 'stick'

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

What did Ring Plus hope to discover from a marketing point of view by making its last promotion...................................
    How much they can annoy their current customers by offering plans to new people?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    How much they can annoy their current customers by offering plans to new people?

The CEO posted in one of his responses that they will look out for existing customers "soon" in connection with this.

So I believe that will be the case, just like the previous time.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    The CEO posted in one of his responses that they will look out for existing customers "soon" in connection with this.

So I believe that will be the case, just like the previous time.
    I am just wondering how all this is going to end. To get more customers, Ring Plus now has to offer bigger and better packages of minutes, texts and Data. Existing customers want a bigger fix or better plans. The way things are progressing maybe we all get unlimited free voice and data when some super star rock artists sign up with Ring Plus. Otherwise, revenue may eventually dry up and so will our plans, whether they are called Future, Diversity, VIP Pepper, etc.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile, RingPlus, Tracfone BYOP
    Feedback Score
    I am just wondering how all this is going to end. To get more customers, Ring Plus now has to offer bigger and better packages of minutes, texts and Data. Existing customers want a bigger fix or better plans. The way things are progressing maybe we all get unlimited free voice and data when some super star rock artists sign up with Ring Plus. Otherwise, revenue may eventually dry up and so will our plans, whether they are called Future, Diversity, VIP Pepper, etc.
    I'm of a similar mind.

Everyone wants free. And a lot of something for free.

I didn't qualify for this 1000/1000/1000 offer and wish I did, but I have VIP Pepper and this is great paired with an $8 data add-on.

R+ can't continue to give away the farm and hope to remain profitable.
    Self-professed gadget geek, serial phone-tryer-outer.
    iOS, Android, BB10, Windows...it's all good.

Currently?
    Main lines:
    Iphone SE x2, Samsung J7: TMO Select Market Family Match
    Iphone 5s Tracfone

How many active SIMs does one person need?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    I guess if Boost can get away with it Ring Plus can as well? Sprint incompetence must be rubbing off on them, they have married themselves to Sprint so it stands to reason I guess.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stessT View Post
    I'm of a similar mind.

Everyone wants free. And a lot of something for free.

I didn't qualify for this 1000/1000/1000 offer and wish I did, but I have VIP Pepper and this is great paired with an $8 data add-on.

R+ can't continue to give away the farm and hope to remain profitable.
    from what I read r+ isn't footing the bill for this one. it was called a sponsored research study or something. so what happens when the study is over and it isn't funded anymore? i hope r+ has some kind of plan for this.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    Future Plan 2 now in effect till 9pm PST. Guess I will have to sign up for Facebook. For new subscribers only. "A research promo for existing Members will be conducted over the weekend. (Details will be announced Saturday)"

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast