Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: RingPlus - discussion of plans and plan changes

Device(s)
    LG Optimus V VM670
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting the update, regardless. I may give it a shot tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    UPDATE: This plan will be available for upgrades and new registrations on the following 2 dates:
    10/30/2015 12PM - 9PM PDT
    10/31/2015 12PM - 9PM PDT

Another DOA Promo from Ring Plus. The incompetence surrounding the company is staggering!

Sent from my N800 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE: This plan will be available for upgrades and new registrations on the following 2 dates:
    10/30/2015 12PM - 9PM PDT
    10/31/2015 12PM - 9PM PDT

Another DOA Promo from Ring Plus. The incompetence surrounding the company is staggering!

RingPlus_PR
    30m

The Future Plan up-grades have also been delayed due to this. Again our apology.

They were supposed to upgrade most of those on the wait list, so that has also been pushed up. Why only most, what does that mean in terms of who is left out and what is the criteria used to decide that? What Plan are those who are lucky enough to be upgraded going to be upgraded to? If you are not upgraded from the wait list and you go ahead and upgrade to the base "Your" plan I take it that plan will be subject to cancellation if you are then eventually upgraded from the wait list?
    This new "Your Plan" is available now.

I checked and it was available for my Future lines along with a line I support on VIP Pepper and a line on the original (this year's) Free plan.

It didn't look like it required an additional $15 top up.

I'm not switching anything, since I don't want to lose my 1000 MB or be on a plan that requires $15 top ups.

Is anyone going to sign up a new line or switch?

If so, what are you planning to "bid"?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    No word from R+ if they completed the Future Plan upgrades for "most" of those on the wait list? I would rather have the 1000/1000/1000 over the Your plan base allotment. I take it that if there are any Future plan upgraded from the wait list going forward it would bump the Your Plan.

I will probably switch my Pepper Plan that I down graded to in order to jump ship from the pending Jasmine plan, but I will wait until Sunday to see if it ever gets upgraded to the Future 1000/1000/1000.

I'll just bid 1000/1000/1000 and a 100 MMS for $0 co pay.

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    RingPlus offers new free Leonardo Plan that’s part of new Leonardo Research Series. The new Leonardo plan (L1) includes 1000 voice minutes and unlimited in network calling, 1000 text messages and unlimited in network texting and 750 MB of LTE data plus bonus megabytes. Valid until November 6, 2015 At 12 Midnight Pacific

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saveassolution View Post
    RingPlus offers new free Leonardo Plan that’s part of new Leonardo Research Series. The new Leonardo plan (L1) includes 1000 voice minutes and unlimited in network calling, 1000 text messages and unlimited in network texting and 750 MB of LTE data plus bonus megabytes. Valid until November 6, 2015 At 12 Midnight Pacific

As usual leaving the current customers out again. This also requires filling out a survey and links/posts to your social media, plus a Minimum $15 top up and a $15 top up each time your account reaches zero.

I think they are running out of takers for these gimmick plans and their inconsistent voice services. They still can't offer decent C/S after saying they will improve it by jacking up minimum top ups and other service fees.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score

As usual leaving the current customers out again. This also requires filling out a survey and links/posts to your social media, plus a Minimum $15 top up and a $15 top up each time your account reaches zero.

I think they are running out of takers for these gimmick plans and their inconsistent voice services. They still can't offer decent C/S after saying they will improve it by jacking up minimum top ups and other service fees.
    My brother (and I) both signed up for Your Plans. His plan was "rejected" (he offered $10 for less) ... instead they upped the offer to him, for free 1,500/1,500/500 MB or the Your Plan 2, (for $5 a month) which includes 1,500/1,500 and 1.5 GBs plus 50 MMS. Since he already has a balance, the $5 will be taken from that, no additional top-up. My Your Plan is due to take effect on Monday. I'm guessing I'll also be offered the Your Plan 2. Needless to say, I'm not feeling very "left out." The Your Plan was offered for both new sign-ups and current users.
    Blackberry Q10 on Twigby

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    My brother (and I) both signed up for Your Plans. His plan was "rejected" (he offered $10 for less) ... instead they upped the offer to him, for free 1,500/1,500/500 MB or the Your Plan 2, (for $5 a month) which includes 1,500/1,500 and 1.5 GBs plus 50 MMS. Since he already has a balance, the $5 will be taken from that, no additional top-up.
    I know for a fact on the Your Plan you will be initially topped up $15 if the balance on the account is 14.99 or less and after that $15 will automatically be topped up when the account reaches zero. I would expect the upgrade to Your Plan -2 to be the same way. Has the Your Plan -2 switched over and taken effect yet?

My Your Plan is due to take effect on Monday. I'm guessing I'll also be offered the Your Plan 2. Needless to say, I'm not feeling very "left out." The Your Plan was offered for both new sign-ups and current users.
    Was the Leonardo Plan offered as an upgrade, NO. So they again left out current members. If you were not on the Your plan then you also have no alternative to upgrade to Your Plan -2
    Lets say if you are on Phase 9 and wanted to up grade to Leonardo or Your Plan -2 you are SOL, again!

By the response here on HoFo these latest gimmick Plans are real snoozers and probably wearing thin, especially R+ jacking up the Top Ups to $15.
    Last edited by ls61; 11-07-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeen View Post
    new plan. supposedly the last of these types of plans. https://discourse.ringplus.net/t/fre...-networks/6440

(Free: 1000+x Voice, 1000+x Text, 1000+x MB LTE Data)/ Month Additional free Voice, Text, and Data will be added based upon deal popularity in various forums and social networks. Thursday October 22, 2015 and Friday October 23, 2015. Each day it runs 12pm PDT- 3pm PDT

This Promo is the last of the Future Plan Research.

Ringplus Future 11: The Consumer Endorsement Trial

The plan includes for FREE:

• 1000 Min Real Cell Minutes + additional see table below
    • 1000 Text + additional see table below
    • 1000 MB + additional see table below

(This will update over the course of the promo as popularity data comes in. These free additional voice, text and megabytes will be applied within 24 hours after the end of the promotion. on Oct. 23rd. )

Current Status: Free additional Voice, Text and MB for this Plan is currently:

Voice +100
    Text +150
    MB +100

-For new Members only (or you can add a new member to your existing account). For current Members, upgades from the waiting list will be available as a percentage of total new Member base.

1) 100% Free 1000+x voice /1000+x text /1000+x MB LTE Data per month! No contract! (Cell Phones Only)
    2) Real cell service, not VoIP
    3) Free voicemail to email
    4) Emergency number setup and social network integration
    5) Free parental control features (block data, texts, and picture mail, blacklist or whitelist calls, and block all calls and texts by time
    6) Over 25 RingPlus+ Radio stations included. Choose from Billboard Top 100 to Classical, or stay up-to-date with World and Financial News
    7) WiFi calling via Sip client available.
    8) Bring Your Own Sprint Device. www.ringplus.net
    9) Overages are billed $0.02 cents Min/Text/Data

Requirements:

• Go to www.ringplus.net and choose Future 11 Plan (scroll down on the website). Don’t worry if the plan isn’t on the site yet, the link will appear just prior to the promotion starting 12pm PDT on Thursday.
    • Proceed with the activation of your cell phone. Follow the links on our website.
    • A $10 top up is required during signup. If, and only if, the balance reaches $0, another $10 auto top up will automatically occur. Don’t throw away money on activation fees
    • There is no social media requirement for this research. We will measure social media as well as other forums posts and activities on the internet.

This is Future 11 Trial is part of a third-party research project.
    Signup goto www.ringplus.net
    Dang it, I guess too late for me. This plan is exactly what I could use on one of our lines. 1,000 min 1,000 texts 1,000 MB ..... looks like this plan is $12.99 + tax per month? FreedomPop wants $19.99

Device(s)
    LG Xpression Plus, LG V20 Sprint Unlocked, LG Tribute HD, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Watch
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I have the Free Plan, 200 min 50 txts 10 mb, and today I saw that there is a VIP Pepper 250 min 500 txts and 280 mb, which is plenty for me. I can't change now, but it will switch over at the end of my billing cycle. We'll see if it happens.
    Mobile:

LG G8 Thinq ATT-Red Pocket 500/500/500
    Nokia 6.1
    LG V20 LS997 Unlocked-Freedompop ATT
    iPhone SE 32GB Simple Mobile
    Samsung Gear S3 Frontier non-LTE
    Samsung Chromebook +
    ______
    Prior Phones:

Huawei Ascend XT2,LG Xpression +,LG Tribute HD,LG G4,Nokia Lumia 820,LG Volt,LG Tribute 2,LG Optimus Exceed 2,LG Realm,Moto X 2014,Moto X 2013,Nexus 5,Nokia Lumia 520,Nokia Lumia 1020,Samsung Galaxy S3,iphone 3G

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    I know for a fact on the Your Plan you will be initially topped up $15 if the balance on the account is 14.99 or less and after that $15 will automatically be topped up when the account reaches zero. I would expect the upgrade to Your Plan -2 to be the same way. Has the Your Plan -2 switched over and taken effect yet?
    My brother hasn't decided yet if he's going to switch to the Your Plan 2, or keep his free Your Plan 1, but the information specifically says that it will take $5 out of his existing balance -- it mentions nothing about a $15 top-up. I thought the top-up would have already been taken out when his plan changed from VIP Pepper to the Your Plan, but it wasn't.

Was the Leonardo Plan offered as an upgrade, NO. So they again left out current members. If you were not on the Your plan then you also have no alternative to upgrade to Your Plan -2
    Lets say if you are on Phase 9 and wanted to up grade to Leonardo or Your Plan -2 you are SOL, again!
    I guess you just have to "suffer" with your FREE 1,000 minutes, 1,000 texts and 500 MB or 1 GB of data. I really can't see griping about free phone service. And, really, RingPlus is giving this away, don't they have the right to set the terms?

By the response here on HoFo these latest gimmick Plans are real snoozers and probably wearing thin, especially R+ jacking up the Top Ups to $15.
    I'll guess we'll see -- both on the "snoozer" aspect and the $15 top-up. On Monday my account is due to update to Your Plan. I'll let you know IF I get charged a top-up fee. I really don't think $15 is that huge of an amount for a significant amount of FREE phone service anyhow.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    Dang it, I guess too late for me. This plan is exactly what I could use on one of our lines. 1,000 min 1,000 texts 1,000 MB ..... looks like this plan is $12.99 + tax per month? FreedomPop wants $19.99
    If you want a free plan, just wait a few days. I can almost guarantee that there will be another similar (1,000/1,000/1 GB or 500 MB) offer announced on Tuesday or so (and probably opened on Thursday or Friday). I can't absolutely guarantee this, but that seems to be the pattern lately.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMagm View Post
    I have the Free Plan, 200 min 50 txts 10 mb, and today I saw that there is a VIP Pepper 250 min 500 txts and 280 mb, which is plenty for me. I can't change now, but it will switch over at the end of my billing cycle. We'll see if it happens.
    I had the VIP Pepper plan for several months. I found I was actually using about 350 minutes -- so was buying the 100 minute add-on. I resisted the upgrades -- and then the Your Plan came along and I finally gave in.

Feedback Score
    If you want a free plan, just wait a few days. I can almost guarantee that there will be another similar (1,000/1,000/1 GB or 500 MB) offer announced on Tuesday or so (and probably opened on Thursday or Friday). I can't absolutely guarantee this, but that seems to be the pattern lately.
    Agreed.

Black Friday at the very latest (and probably not that long).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I guess you just have to "suffer" with your FREE 1,000 minutes, 1,000 texts and 500 MB or 1 GB of data. I really can't see griping about free phone service. And, really, RingPlus is giving this away, don't they have the right to set the terms?
    No matter how much water you want to carry for Ring plus, Ring Plus treats its current customers as second class citizens. You can certainly call it suffering through the drop outs, garbled voice with a bit of latency thrown in, voice mail service that just plain sucks and incompetent C/S.
    It is not free, we trade off listening to R+ RBT advertisements in place of a standard Ring Tone. $5-$10-$15 tops with a required min balance are not free nor are 4c MMS and overages, at least not where I come from.

Is R+ your and or your brother's primary line of communication?

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    No matter how much water you want to carry for Ring plus, Ring Plus treats its current customers as second class citizens.
    Sorry, I don't buy into that. I don't understand why anyone so bitter against a company -- as you seem to be against RingPlus -- would 1) still deal with them and 2) care whether others deal with them, or not. As for main lines -- my brother, my brother's wife, myself, my sons (5), two nephews, several nieces and my mother-in-law, and others are using RingPlus as their main (or only) cell phone line. My wife is not using RingPlus for business -- she's still using her 8 (or 9) year-old SERO account with Sprint. My daughter went with Boost.

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast