Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Three to Five more years???

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    When i left a year ago, the internal culture was in shambles.

They sucked, and everyone knew it.. it was like the team that went 0-15 for years, and just have accepted their place.

It's going to take some real shaking up from the top down, and stop paying the ****** management so much!
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    When i left a year ago, the internal culture was in shambles.

They sucked, and everyone knew it.. it was like the team that went 0-15 for years, and just have accepted their place.

It's going to take some real shaking up from the top down, and stop paying the ****** management so much!
    Marcelo went in with a battle ax. Basically the whole exec staff under Hesse is gone. Not sure what else he can do...
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    Marcelo went in with a battle ax. Basically the whole exec staff under Hesse is gone. Not sure what else he can do...
    it's gonna take going deeper into the management chain, even at the retail level they were slimy and awful to their frontline employees

Feedback Score
    I'll tell you what Marcelo can do. He can get out in front of Sprint and be its public face. Right now the vast majority of consumers remember old Sprint and have not forgotten the experience. T-Mobile had the same poor reputation before Legere got out in front and became a consumer advocate (call it marketing, but it's working). Marcelo really hasn't done that because he is too busy running Sprint like a supply chain(leasing, new stores, home delivery, WaaS). T-Mobile looks like the winner when they get rid of stuff people hate and add the stuff people like (that gets positive media). Marcelo doesn't get in front to make any bold moves of his own, he flinches when the other three come out swinging.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC_33 View Post
    Someone is bitter because Sprint the grinch took his unlimited Clearwire account.
    Haha. Yes, Clearwire was an awesome alternative to a dedicated internet provider. It will be a shame to see that service go away come November, but it only makes sense for Sprint to transition the practically defunct WiMax to LTE. It just sucks that they are not offering competitive upgrades for current subscribers. But, that's expected, Sprint is well known for customer dissatisfaction. Also, you're mistaken if you think my negative comments regarding Sprint are because of my own personal loss of Clear service, I'm just stating the obvious about how horribly Sprint sucks. I have already found a T-Mobile based replacement for my Clear service.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC_33 View Post
    From looking at RootMetrics looks to me Sprint is not the worst network in America. Also what the CEO was referring is the brand in general. The network will be the least of Sprint problems going forward, but fixing that brand will take a while. So he is right 3 to 5 years is the precisely time.
    There definitely won't be a "Sprint" in 3-5 years. And the rootmetrics test results are meaningless. Tell me, what are the differences between a carrier that scored an 89 and one that scored 94? Apparently not much of a difference as I watch MILLIONS of customers join T-Mobile, quarter after quarter with very little churn. I guess people love a network that doesn't rank well with rootmetrics. I prefer REAL information like that offered by T-Mobile's LIVE map and Ookla, both customer generated.

Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    I'll tell you what Marcelo can do. He can get out in front of Sprint and be its public face. Right now the vast majority of consumers remember old Sprint and have not forgotten the experience. T-Mobile had the same poor reputation before Legere got out in front and became a consumer advocate (call it marketing, but it's working). Marcelo really hasn't done that because he is too busy running Sprint like a supply chain(leasing, new stores, home delivery, WaaS). T-Mobile looks like the winner when they get rid of stuff people hate and add the stuff people like (that gets positive media). Marcelo doesn't get in front to make any bold moves of his own, he flinches when the other three come out swinging.
    I agree. But, Marcelo is not a John Legere. Marcelo has kind of a fat and lazy approach and he'd be a success if he was only running the Boost division. But, he just doesn't have what it takes to run the entire company. He should be the CEO of KFC. Frankly, I don't think ANYONE can save Sprint... and Son and Softbank may have some money to invest, but their boring detached vision is a ship sinker. The truth of the matter is, Sprint has been a failure since they bought NexTel and picked WiMax technology. They have been climbing out of that pit for over a decade. They're not going to make it.

Feedback Score
    Based on some of his recent interviews I think it is pretty clear Son has checked out. After failing to push the T-Mobile deal through and realizing the actual state of the network and internal culture he tried unsuccessfully to get out of his investment. The SoftBank money fairy isn't coming and I expect Sprint to be on maintenance mode as he continues to seek a buyer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
    Based on some of his recent interviews I think it is pretty clear Son has checked out. After failing to push the T-Mobile deal through and realizing the actual state of the network and internal culture he tried unsuccessfully to get out of his investment. The SoftBank money fairy isn't coming and I expect Sprint to be on maintenance mode as he continues to seek a buyer.
    t-mobile's majority owner (DT) is trying to get rid of T-mobile too...

Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Sprint has been a failure since they bought NexTel and picked WiMax technology. They have been climbing out of that pit for over a decade. They're not going to make it.
    I think Sprint has the chance to improve.... you can see them cleaning house - remove all legacy stuff (Nextel, Clearwire), focus properly on their technology choice:SPark (25/26/41), and able to do two band 41 carriers in a lot of places

they still need to push on several items: VoLTE deployment (to move off CDMA), get rid of device lock-in (certify band 2/4/12/17 & GSM on their devices), more towers, and deploy a third band 41 carrier (if possible)

Device(s)
    Pixel, S9+, S9, S8, S7, G6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post

they still need to push on several items: VoLTE deployment (to move off CDMA), get rid of device lock-in (certify band 2/4/12/17 & GSM on their devices), more towers, and deploy a third band 41 carrier (if possible)
    1) VOLTE in progress but they need to create ground up by themselves a VOLTE system that does cdma hand off a. Unlike Verizon they can't say fk it to cdma hand offs because of a strong lte network and do VOLTE now.

2) basically every device released since last fall is lte bands 2/4/5/12/25/26/41 + cdma certified. Most include gsm+wcdma as well.

3)in progress. I personally finally found the first few examples of Clearwire site conversions in my market!

4) is possible. Alcatel-Lucent finally figured out how to do 3 20 mhz carriers on their 8t8r RRH and filed a fcc c2pc a few days back.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    it's gonna take going deeper into the management chain, even at the retail level they were slimy and awful to their frontline employees
    http://www.lightreading.com/business.../d/d-id/717858

This is a start, and if Sprint does this nationally, they've got a good shot at cleaning themselves up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
    Here's an interesting article on Son's missteps with Sprint. Interesting read. What ever happened with all those Japanese engineers who were supposed to come here and solve all Sprint's problems the Softbank way?

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/sprint-e...sts-1443737398

The big set of cost cuts are coming. Unfortunate that some good people are going to get hurt, but this was, quite frankly, overdue.

Feedback Score
    Sprint has moved from bad to mediocre in 2 years. No wonder they have lost so many customers. I don't think they have enough cash to complete their network build out - they plan to cut only 8% of their operating expenses - and to realistically complete the network build will require massive layoffs to free up cash for engineering.

Feedback Score
    It leaves me curious. Even if they do get finances more under control and find a way to fund the massive network densification plan, what position does that leave them in at that point? When "5G" or whatever the next big upgrade is hits probably by 2020 will they have the funding to make those upgrades. Or will they be too cash strapped and attempt to ride it out like they were pre network vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Lg flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

sprint sucks

Quote Originally Posted by nyc_33 View Post
    someone is bitter because sprint the grinch took his unlimited clearwire account.

From looking at rootmetrics looks to me sprint is not the worst network in america. Also what the ceo was referring is the brand in general. The network will be the least of sprint problems going forward, but fixing that brand will take a while. So he is right 3 to 5 years is the precisely time.
    excuses are for the weak and with that being said, will perish. Stop making excuses and stop charging top dollar for lousy service.

I am so glad i am with consumer celluar....i do things my way anytime i want that is the likeitmatters plan...lol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Time to sell sprint to t-mobile

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast