Thread: Latest Retention plan

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Latest Retention plan

Hey Gang,

So I called to ask about porting out my number to Koodo in order to get on the $48 5gb plan, next thing I know I'm talking to retentions. I really had no intention in dealing with Rogers anymore, but the CSR came out swinging with a competitive offer.

10 gb shared data
    unlimited canada wide calling
    unlimted text and mms
    voicemail and call display
    No contract

$113 + tax. He also offered to credit $36 from our last bill due to some unfortunate overages. If I were to leave Rogers right now and go to koodo I need to pay $56 owing on my phone and another $50 to unlock my wife's phone, so I'd be giving up $142 if I left rogers now. My wife uses maybe 1gb of data so I'd basically go from old 6gb plan to ~9gb.

Koodo's offer is $48 5gb plans for each of us, so $96+tax.

What do you guys think? Can I get more out of Rogers or is this the best I can do? I was considering buying a phone outright in the next couple months, but I may just go the Koodo Tab or Rogers Flex way. Also, speaking of hardware, we also have 6,800 reward points saved up towards an upgrade which we would forfeit by going to Koodo. Also I'm a hockey fan and I believe all the share plans come with free gamecenter? Seems like staying with Rogers seems to be my better choice. Koodo's biggest benefit is using the Bellus network, which in NS is much better.

Thoughts anyone?

Feedback Score
    More out of Rogers?

I'm surprised that they offered you that plan.

Is $114 the final total or do you have to add an extra $40 to have your wife on the account?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue17 View Post
    More out of Rogers?

I'm surprised that they offered you that plan.

Is $114 the final total or do you have to add an extra $40 to have your wife on the account?
    That is for both lines. The quote was as follows $110 for main line, +$35 for second line, -$15 loyalty discount and then 15% off the entire plan because of an Eastlink discount. $113+ tax.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Latest Retention plan

It's $17 more per month to stay with Rogers...so while it's not a HUGE difference, it's still enough to make reviewing the options worth it. You have to ask yourself if $17 more is worth it for getting more data, no contract, and access to NHL, along with other Rogers-specific features (is RLH included?), but being on a network that's not as good as Bellus in NS

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    It's $17 more per month to stay with Rogers...so while it's not a HUGE difference, it's still enough to make reviewing the options worth it. You have to ask yourself if $17 more is worth it for getting more data, no contract, and access to NHL, along with other Rogers-specific features (is RLH included?), but being on a network that's not as good as Bellus in NS

via the HoFo App
    this is what's baking my noodle :P

Just today I was at my local home depot and poof no reception. Also we've got $75 in reward points towards a hardware upgrade from Rogers which we'd lose out on.

I did also figure out that $15 discount being applied is only for 12 months. That's there in order to force customers to review their plans in 12 months and probably get on some more expensive bs. Koodo would just simpler and more straight forward...

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I'd take the plan for 2 months, and then switch out. No commitment.
    Carrier: Koodo| Handset: OnePlus 5| Plan: UL CDN Wide calling, UL SMS, Call Display, VM | Data: 10GB LTE - $55 |

Feedback Score
    What's the model of your wife's phone? LG, Samsung, and many others can be unlocked cheaply on eBay. I usually pay $5 - $12 to get my phones unlocked.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyBearito View Post
    Just today I was at my local home depot and poof no reception.
    I'm definitely not doubting Bellus' superior network experience in NS but try them out (or ask someone on Bellus) in the locations you visit frequently before switching. Indoor coverage is key but don't let specific retail locations make or break your decision...after all, you're not living there Some buildings are "faraday cages" that wreak havoc on cell signals, especially Home Depots because their outer structure contains a lot of metal. They also have a lot of metal inside - tall metal shelves, etc.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ngold View Post
    What's the model of your wife's phone? LG, Samsung, and many others can be unlocked cheaply on eBay. I usually pay $5 - $12 to get my phones unlocked.
    IPhone 5, do you know any reliable unlockers? The ones posted on RFD seemed a little sketchy

Feedback Score
    IPhone 5, do you know any reliable unlockers? The ones posted on RFD seemed a little sketchy
    Yeah for iPhone it's tough to find reliable unlocker, sorry.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ngold View Post
    Yeah for iPhone it's tough to find reliable unlocker, sorry.
    For iPhones its best to unlock them through the Carrier they were purchased from don't gotta worry about Apple relocking them because the unlocker was shady

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the input. As someone suggested earlier, I think I'm going to stick with Rogers for 2 to 3 months. This will clear off what I owe on my Nexus 5 and I won't have to worry about unlocking my wife's iPhone, she'll just take my N5 when I get something new. Once all the devices are out I'm going to see who has what. If Rogers doesn't carry any of the newer devices I'm going to jump ship.

Feedback Score
    IPhones are worth unlocking because you can always resell them if you plan on getting a different phone. Also have u considered moblcity they are know Rogers owned and will be transition to the Rogers network and all Mobilicity plans will be grandfathered on the Rogers network they currently have an all $40 plan http://mobilicity.ca/promotions/back...-40-promotion/

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Techguy12 View Post
    IPhones are worth unlocking because you can always resell them if you plan on getting a different phone. Also have u considered moblcity they are know Rogers owned and will be transition to the Rogers network and all Mobilicity plans will be grandfathered on the Rogers network they currently have an all $40 plan http://mobilicity.ca/promotions/back...-40-promotion/
    My wife's iPhone 5 isn't worth very much anymore. Frame is full of scratches, battery is weak and the screen is blotchy from coffee damage...

Unfortunately mobilicity isn't an option in Nova Scotia

Device(s)
    What ever is cheap
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM
    Feedback Score
    That is for both lines. The quote was as follows $110 for main line, +$35 for second line, -$15 loyalty discount and then 15% off the entire plan because of an Eastlink discount. $113+ tax.
    Are you sure that it's $110 for the main line minus $15 loyalty discount?... I spoke to CSR today... and they told me that it's $125 for the main line minus -$15 loyalty discount equaling $110

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast