Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Done with liar employees at Verizon. Done with Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsalad View Post
    Backstory:

I have an iPhone 4s. Been off-contract for almost 2 years. The battery is getting weak.

So I go into the store today, looking to see what I can do about getting an iPhone 6. The employee looks up my account information. He can clearly see that I am already off-contract.

He proceeds to tell me that I can get an iPhone 6 for $27.08/month for 24 months, but it will result in me getting a $25/month credit, making my effective cost increase $2.08/mo.

But, Mr. Moron, I am ALREADY getting the $25/mo credit because my 4s is off contract. You know this. You are looking at my account on your tablet. Therefore, my effective cost increase per month is $27.08 if I get the iPhone 6. Which is not at all $2.08/month.

I don't like being lied to. I don't like doing business with corporations that teach their employees to deceive and mislead customers. I don't care for the games Verizon is playing with their new "deals".

I'm off to the other forums now to see where I can get a more honest deal. I don't even care if it's a *worse* deal, just as long as I'm not getting BS'd.
    Good bye!! Do forget to write!

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    His rant is that Verizon should not be misleading customers like this.
    I am not convinced he was misled, but rather the two parties had a misunderstanding. No need to throw every cell phone provider/employee under the bus in this case.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I am not convinced he was misled, but rather the two parties had a misunderstanding. No need to throw every cell phone provider/employee under the bus in this case.
    There was no misunderstanding either. He's savvy enough to find this forum, he knows his plan, he knew what he was asking, and he knew exactly what the rep meant. What he didn't hear that he wanted to hear was that he was going to get an iPhone for free.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, now Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Sorry, I don't see the lie. Because he didn't say the word "continue"? You're just another "give me everything for free" customer. Yeah, you'll be a real catch for any carrier that lands you.
    Sure it was a lie or an incredibly stupid(possibly just untrained) ignoramus. Walk into any cellular sales store and you'll see plenty of them. Actually it's pretty typical in most retail environments in this country, probably in any country. It's easier to simply lie or spew the corporate spin than it is to help the customer.

Feedback Score
    I think the guy was new and did not take the time to understand things. Go and talk to someone over him.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech guy4 View Post
    I think the guy was new and did not take the time to understand things. Go and talk to someone over him.
    There's a reason some people are doctors, and some people are cell phone salespeople at shopping malls.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsalad View Post
    Backstory:

I have an iPhone 4s. Been off-contract for almost 2 years. The battery is getting weak.

So I go into the store today, looking to see what I can do about getting an iPhone 6. The employee looks up my account information. He can clearly see that I am already off-contract.

He proceeds to tell me that I can get an iPhone 6 for $27.08/month for 24 months, but it will result in me getting a $25/month credit, making my effective cost increase $2.08/mo.

But, Mr. Moron, I am ALREADY getting the $25/mo credit because my 4s is off contract. You know this. You are looking at my account on your tablet. Therefore, my effective cost increase per month is $27.08 if I get the iPhone 6. Which is not at all $2.08/month.

I don't like being lied to. I don't like doing business with corporations that teach their employees to deceive and mislead customers. I don't care for the games Verizon is playing with their new "deals".

I'm off to the other forums now to see where I can get a more honest deal. I don't even care if it's a *worse* deal, just as long as I'm not getting BS'd.

Do you call everyone you don't agree with or misunderstand a moron? That right there makes me think you are a totally nice person to deal with, NOT. Has the Golden Rule been lost in today's world? I fear it has

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    There's a reason some people are doctors, and some people are cell phone salespeople at shopping malls.
    Exactly. People expect someone making minimum wage or a couple dollars over that to understand complicated and ever changing rules and to dedicate themselves to the betterment of their employer's customers. Anyone who walks into a store or calls customer service with reference to buying anything from a pencil to a car, without doing their homework and knowing all the answers in advance, gets exactly the level of service that the employees are being paid to provide. These customers are the same people who will scream if their rates go up in order to pay better qualified people. The term "buyer beware" has been around since the beginning of retail for a reason. At least now the Internet makes available the means to be an informed buyer, so I have no sympathy for the "I'm a victim" mentality.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There was no misunderstanding either. He's savvy enough to find this forum, he knows his plan, he knew what he was asking, and he knew exactly what the rep meant. What he didn't hear that he wanted to hear was that he was going to get an iPhone for free.
    No,that is not what he didn't want to hear. He and I don't like when customer services associates use Chinese math to get a final price. Most associates are knowledgeable but they talk to consumers like we are idiots.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    And for all these people that are bashing him ???? This is a forum correct??? Oh I understand. If you come on here and bash Veriizon you are ridiculed and told to not let the door hit you on the way out?? Why?? Because he was venting????Please people. GET A LIFE

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottneon View Post
    No,that is not what he didn't want to hear. He and I don't like when customer services associates use Chinese math to get a final price. Most associates are knowledgeable but they talk to consumers like we are idiots.
    Well, that shoe usually fits...

Feedback Score
    And for all these people that are bashing him ???? This is a forum correct??? Oh I understand. If you come on here and bash Veriizon you are ridiculed and told to not let the door hit you on the way out?? Why?? Because he was venting????Please people. GET A LIFE
    Yes, this is a forum. People have different opinions about things and can disagree.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, that shoe usually fits...
    and it fits you very well

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    The forums have been crazy lately with fights and disagreements. Hopefully things will get back to normal. It got to where I didn't want to post here anymore.

Maybe there's a permanent full moon 😊
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    I agree to many folks just talking smart and not helping

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast