Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening a new cricket store . What marketing scheme worked for you guys

Feedback Score
    And you will never see it . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by phlack View Post
    i've never seen cricket advertising directly that they use at&t towers (though they can probably say it if directly asked). I wonder if there is a prohibition on that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by welfarebaby View Post
    95% White. ..??? So if it was colored people would it matter

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Colored? lol. You called them colored? THAT'S more offensive than you think his post is! In reality of course race matters, if it didn't government wouldn't ask you on any government form you fill out or on the census. Race matters, age matters, income matters, it all matters when you're opening/running a retail business.

Feedback Score
    I stay away from the Cricket stores because the employees are very ignorant of the service and don't actually have the ability to provide technical support (they have to call/chat too). Also the $25 fee for prepaid service is complete non-sense. It's all free online.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soumikcha View Post
    Hello guys,
    I am going to open my first cricket store officially. It is in a high income area with 95% white and alot of family.

I am looking for ways I should do my grand opening and market my store.
    It is in a small strip mall and 3 miles away from the main town mall. But it is front of the highway with 10 lane total. And alot of cars pass by but high speed. How can I attract them?

I want to use magnet on my personal car so I can remove them before I go home. Also a link where I can custom order them.

I am planning on using flags, banner, maybe a air dancer, tent, Direct mail or door hanger. Sponsorship on local events.
    How do Cricket stores compete against Cricket online which doesn't charge activation fees? Especially when Cricket runs their 99˘ SIM card deal? Last time I checked, Cricket stores were charging a $25 activation fee.

I thought about Cricket, but the lack of tethering ended that thought.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by welfarebaby View Post
    95% White. ..??? So if it was colored people would it matter

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    "Colored people?" What color? Are we back in the 1960's?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    att will not allow anyone to use their name on any ads, only mouth to mouth,
    SO it becomes difficult to do any ad to show that, Only metro tells everyone they are a terrible company who uses terrible t mobile network
    These customer I am getting, if they complain about $25 fee, wtf are they doing with att/sprint/verizon/tmobie paying double.Most customer at that area makes around 100k, $25 would be no issue but I will do something of promo to waive the fee.
    The smarter and more well off the customers are, the more likely that they do research prior to making a purchase like this. So you're not competing against AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon, you're competing against cricketwireless.com and amazon.com, as well as against Boost, Virgin, Tracfone, GoPhone etc.

While you can't advertise the fact that Cricket had AT&T native coverage, you could have coverage maps of your real competitors and Cricket.

GoPhone
    Cricket
    Virgin
    Boost
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Red Pocket CDMA

Don't put up maps of AT&T or Verizon or Sprint since these all include roaming. Or Page Plus, or Consumer Cellular which also have roaming.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nevermind, disregard.

Feedback Score
    att will not allow anyone to use their name on any ads, only mouth to mouth,
    SO it becomes difficult to do any ad to show that, Only metro tells everyone they are a terrible company who uses terrible t mobile network
    These customer I am getting, if they complain about $25 fee, wtf are they doing with att/sprint/verizon/tmobie paying double.Most customer at that area makes around 100k, $25 would be no issue but I will do something of promo to waive the fee.
    i know a lot of people on these forums are coming from at&t but overall your customers switching from major postpaid carriers will likely be a tiny percentage. likewise for people who have ever visited the website and are comparing pricing to that. lots of those people here and on other online forums but not in the retail stores. your customers will be overwhelmingly coming from boost, virgin and metropcs. plus some people looking for a cheap extra 'burner line'

find out where in your area the most lower income minority demographic lives. that will far and away your best target market.

cricket will be expecting you to use the cheap promo plans to bring people into the store and than expect you to sign them up to something more expensive/profitable and threaten to shut your store down if you put too many on the 'promo' plans. that's not just cricket but all the major carrier owned prepaid brands. that's why the best deals are often advertised as 'in store only' so your sales people can try and talk the customers out of it.

you will want to avoid getting too many of those 'burner line' customers as well as the people who constantly switch companies for free or cheap phones. cricket will expect you to 'retain' or keep a percentage of customers a minimum number of days in order to receive the commissions you will need to pay the bills.

lots of people will tell you to target existing at&t customers and have them switch and keep the existing phone. i do not know the details since i do not currently do cricket but very likely that particular situation will not bring you any income. typically 'inter company ports' or those situations where a customer moves to a different brand of the same company is a situation where dealers do not get paid.

anyways good luck and let us know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    Hello guys,
    I am going to open my first cricket store officially. It is in a high income area with 95% white and alot of family.

I am looking for ways I should do my grand opening and market my store.
    It is in a small strip mall and 3 miles away from the main town mall. But it is front of the highway with 10 lane total. And alot of cars pass by but high speed. How can I attract them?

I want to use magnet on my personal car so I can remove them before I go home. Also a link where I can custom order them.

I am planning on using flags, banner, maybe a air dancer, tent, Direct mail or door hanger. Sponsorship on local events.
    don't skimp on your primary signage. make sure its as large and visible as possible. that sign is always going to have more impact than the flags, banner, etc.

i have spent thousands on direct mail and door hangers and never never really felt they helped. a hired sign spinner might but only if its a consistent thing over an extended period of time, the 2 hours twice a month thing does not do much.

inexpensive accessories can be huge over the longer terms in keeping customers coming back to your store. i always have decent headset for $5 and gel and hard plastic cases for the same. i am still fetching 300% of cost and sell 10 times more in quantity than most stores that pretty much do not sell any accessory for less than $15 no matter how cheap the bought it. many customers when purchasing the phone will pay $15 but they will not come back for another and tell all there friends about the great accessory prices.

i recommend go as cheap as you can afford on the accessories for at least 1 solid year and you will amazed at how much return business it brings. think of the lower margin as a marketing expense.

keep in mind that selling discounted prepaid to higher income customers you be attracting the most price sensitive of all customers. they will be looking for the bargain in everything. this is very different than selling to lower income customer who may being going prepaid because they can not pass the credit check or its just what all their friends use but the customer may not be doing very much comparison shopping.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hans61ct View Post
    That's disgusting can't get the image out of my mind, rofl
    Well, I did not mean it like that but there is alot of cougar at that area. Might come handy. lmao

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    I stay away from the Cricket stores because the employees are very ignorant of the service and don't actually have the ability to provide technical support (they have to call/chat too). Also the $25 fee for prepaid service is complete non-sense. It's all free online.
    As I said I am going to target 100k income as my avg target customer. So $25 is not a problem. Clearly I did not ask a comment for someone who will complain. not everyone charges that fee. Nor does most people care with the service they get. That complaint I only got in hood and i am not staying there anymore.

Feedback Score
    FYI Verizon charges like $36 fee and same goes with most other provider in the high end level.

Feedback Score
    Dam, anyone knows the forum for cricket dealers or only wireless dealers? I am getting answers from consumers. Half of the people posting retarded comments .

But I thank the other half who actually posted helpful comment.

I know already the 95% of stuff said here but that 1 gem I found is helpful enough.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcdeadbeat View Post
    May I suggest you take some marketing classes at a local community college (or any of the 100s of universities in the D.C./Baltimore area rather than asking for marketing advice on the internet?

This kind of reminds me of the people that look for stock advice online and then wonder why they just lost their entire savings when the "advice was based on rumors or pseudo-science".

Also the color of one's skin has nothing to do with what phone carrier they will select. So you might want to leave any references to skin color out of your marketing material.
    I know you trying to help. But idk if you are a business man but you do not sound like one .
    A wise man once said, always ask stupid question. You never know what you might get as a response that becomes very helpful. That is a advice from me to you.

I do stock, I ask people. But I do not make bet on their stocks. Prob opposite
    And color matters. Thats why you do not own a business or probably wont or should not..

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If using the AT&T name is a problem just say "we (or Cricket) use(s) the the largest GSM network in America with more LTE coverage than both Sprint and T-Mobile."
    Sent from my Microsoft Lumia 640

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast