Thread: Reversing PagePlus 3G only settings on a 4G LTE phone

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Reversing PagePlus 3G only settings on a 4G LTE phone

Hey all. I acquired a 4G phone (Motorola RAZR MAXX) that was previously on PP as 3G only phone, back when 4G was not available. It had a Verizon 4G SIM in it, which I think was needed to do the 3G mod back then. It is rooted and has been upgraded (OTA) to Jellybean.

I am trying to figure out how to restore it back to its original 4G capability, even stock unrooted if need be I have reviewed a few tutorials on going from 4G to 3G (trying to reverse the process), which was common at one point, but don't see much in the way of going the other way. Also I think with it being updated to Jellybean makes it a bit more challenging. Just to clarify, I have tried to activate to 4G with the PP SIM but it doesn't seem to work - No service. Not sure where the 3G/4G capabilities are retained but hoping I can restore to stock some way.

Can anybody help,

Thanks,
    Michael

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There is some relevant discussion that would apply to your phone in the last few pages of the following thread. The basic idea is that you can either reverse whatever you did previously or write the firmware for that model to the phone. If you overwrite the phone with the original firmware, just make sure you're using a file intended for your phone.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post15089670

Feedback Score
    I haven't had or worked on your specific phone so take my advice as speculation. I had a razr m that I used on 3g b4 they allowed 4g. If I remember right, all I had to do was flash the stock firmware with rsd lite that reversed everything and let it work normally with the PP sim.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I will give it a go. I thought taking the OTA update to Jellybean would automatically resolve the issue since it was a flash, but it didn't.

Thnaks for the help.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately this appears to be a wild goosechase as is always the case with flashing, roms etc. Tons of conflicting info. I have flashed before other devices but this one is purplexing. Its an older phone so hard to find original stock roms (Links are dead).

All I want is the thing back to stock.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia X Compact
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone(AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Try http://motofirmware.center/
    Click Downloads, find your phone on the right, and make sure you download the correct version that matches your phone and what you have installed (or a higher version than what you have installed; just not lower, as you can't downgrade).

Feedback Score
    Edit:sorry posted wrong link by mistake

Edit2: http://drdevs.com/devs/FXZ-files/

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Thewraith420; 08-19-2015 at 07:10 PM.