Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: I think Sprint may be going up for sale during the 2016 government auction

Feedback Score
    If you think it's valid to compare 10 years of when they didn't do any network improvements to a time when they're bringing new spectrum online and adding 10,000s towers we really don't have anything to talk about. If you do want to do that, all you can say is now they're doing better.

With regards to Radioshack it doesn't sound like you have the information necessary to make any real assessment. I hardly think "a few months" would be the correct timeline to judge it on.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trupatriot1 View Post
    If you think it's valid to compare 10 years of when they didn't do any network improvements to a time when they're bringing new spectrum online and adding 10,000s towers we really don't have anything to talk about. If you do want to do that, all you can say is now they're doing better.

With regards to Radioshack it doesn't sound like you have the information necessary to make any real assessment. I hardly think "a few months" would be the correct timeline to judge it on.
    The only new spectrum Sprint has really launched is PCS G block. The other 3 bands they have they've owned for 10 years and were deployed over that amount of time. This isn't like Tmobile launching all new band 12 on their network over the past year or VZW deployed band new band 4 on their network.

This is exactly the point I'm making. They've owned this for a decade now so there's very little new about the spectrum they own, minus that 5+5 slice of G Block they received a couple years ago.

I do dearly hope that in the next decade Sprint improves, we know they need it. It's just hard to believe much of this when for, by your own words, they didn't do anything for 10 years on a network. What makes me you think they won't do some half-baked upgrades now, stop, and sit for years? That's their history.

Also, they haven't added 10,000 towers yet - that's speculation. When I see permits and towers constructed that number 10,001, I'll believe it. I'm not going by any prayers or promises with Sprint until proof is given.

On Radioshack, I only have the information of the past. Mr. Son and his colleagues don't call me... but I do know Sprint, in my city, wasn't lacking a retail presence. They were in every mall and many other shopping centers where you'd find the other 3 major carriers. Heck, just like VZW, I know at least 1 mall where they had a big kiosk inside they ran and a store circling outside the mall. You could literally walk between the 2 in 5 minutes.

Maybe it's different elsewhere, but all the radioshacks I would infrequently go to, are now closed up. Many had been in their same locations for 30-40 years and honestly didn't have any Sprint stores near them. So I really don't get what buying a completely failing company did for them except divert attention and cash.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    The only way Sprint selling off part of their 2.6 GHz (which they actually have 120 MHz of in most metro markets) is a good idea is at AWS-3 levels of valuation. Those levels could fund the small cell effort and a good macro cell build to boot.

Otherwise, it's pointless.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    That same article said the banks forbid him from putting more money into Sprint. He can't borrow on Softbank to fund Sprint. So he can sell spectrum or raise debt. How much money is that really going to bring in before the auction? This is why some analysts believe Sprint will go bankrupt in 2016.
    Amazing how he's gotten around not putting more money in isn't it? By spinning off device leases to another Softbank owned company he's essentially put more in. An interesting question is how far he could go with that idea... like could he spin more and more off into companies he owns, to where the core "Sprint" owned nothing but the licenses?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4