View Poll Results: Which carrier did you switch over from?

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • WIND Mobile

84 24.78%
  • Rogers (Incl. Fido / Chatr)

133 39.23%
  • Bell (Incl. Virgin Mobile)

51 15.04%
  • TELUS (Incl. Public Mobile)

37 10.91%
  • Mobilcity

6 1.77%
  • Regional Carrier (Videotron, SaskTel, MTS, EastLink, TBay Tel)

3 0.88%
  • Koodo (Another Plan)

25 7.37%
Page 484 of 507 FirstFirst ... 384 434 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 7595

Thread: How to get the $48 Manitoba plan anywhere in Canada

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSong View Post
    So for those of you who currently has this offer which you have to claim your residency on another Province to get hold of this plan !! Or you just have to do the workaround online in order to get it ..
    Do you consider the false information that you have provided Koodo with or the online workaround in order for you to obtain this plan is a lie/scam/illegal action to do !! As you & I know that this plan has not been offered where you live and it's been designated based on the competition in specific provinces or cities ..
    If you don't consider it as lie/scam/illegal action and you have your own business, would you be OK with people doing that to your business ?
    Now, I'm not in any position to call or tell anybody who or what they are,
    your honest opinion and thoughts is all I'm seeking ..

FYI- I used to be on the koodo 48$ plan myself and quite frankly i wasn't impressed with my actions in order to get this plan, and thats why i'm asking you guys if you feel the same way or not ..
    Those who follow the instructions in this thread are not (or should not be) providing any false information - and that is the explicit advice in the OP, and has been repeated many times by responsible members here. Those who suggest doing otherwise (particularly since the online loophole was closed) should be strongly discouraged from doing so for the reasons you cite - and don't belong here, quite frankly. This is not a thread (or a website) for the promotion/sharing of illegal activity.

Feedback Score
    So for those of you who currently has this offer which you have to claim your residency on another Province to get hold of this plan !! Or you just have to do the workaround online in order to get it ..
    Do you consider the false information that you have provided Koodo with or the online workaround in order for you to obtain this plan is a lie/scam/illegal action to do !! As you & I know that this plan has not been offered where you live and it's been designated based on the competition in specific provinces or cities ..
    If you don't consider it as lie/scam/illegal action and you have your own business, would you be OK with people doing that to your business ?

FYI- I used to be on the koodo 48$ plan myself and quite frankly i wasn't impressed with my actions in order to get this plan, and thats why i'm asking you guys if you feel the same way or not ..
    I've never had a plan like any of them before. If I happen to get one though, I don't feel bad as it's disgusting that we pay what we pay for cell phone bills. Anywhere we can save money the better.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JTOttawa View Post
    Those who follow the instructions in this thread are not (or should not be) providing any false information - and that is the explicit advice in the OP, and has been repeated many times by responsible members here. Those who suggest doing otherwise (particularly since the online loophole was closed) should be strongly discouraged from doing so for the reasons you cite - and don't belong here, quite frankly. This is not a thread (or a website) for the promotion/sharing of illegal activity.
    Agreed - for whatever reason a lot of people read the instructions and then came here to announce "Okay I gave a fake address like the instructions said to..." when that's never what the instructions told them to do.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beals90 View Post
    Have you already switched to an Quebec plan? Can you show a screenshot?
    I have a QUEBEC number and I can select any QUEBEC no tab plan. No need to post a screen shot.
    It could be where the line is in season hold that I am able to do this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barter View Post
    I have a QUEBEC number and I can select any QUEBEC no tab plan. No need to post a screen shot.
    It could be where the line is in season hold that I am able to do this.
    It will let me port a quebec number too, but not change plans

Feedback Score

You didn't have to provide false information to get a MB/SK number... Since you're able to get one of those numbers with any address (before when I was actually on this plan they took my AB address then gave me a MB number and also a MB plan right at the kiosk.

Also now you're asking if the people that are the $48 Koodo plan feel bad about being on it? Why would they?? When that's the price that plans should be!! (Although maybe they feel bad for the people that are paying outrages prices - Which I do too in that case)

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

I've been on the MB/SK 48 plan for over a year now. I brought my own phone but recently I've been looking at getting a tab. I went in to a Kiosk the other day and the clerk was unable to add a tab to my plan because of 'system restrictions.' The clerk had the same plan as me and said I had to gamble ordering it online as that is the only way possible to get a tab with this plan according to him. I'm just wondering what piece of advice you guys would give me in grabbing a phone on the tab, I'm not adverse to restarting the process and I just got my dad on the plan last week so there is definitely ways to still get the MB despite the self serve being more frustrating now.

Lastly, the iPhone 6s, 7, and a few other phones have a $100 rebate in store right now and I don't see that as the case online. Is this common? Will online adopt this rebate as well?

Thanks, Matt.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo, PM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad365 View Post
    For the veterans (MeanE, JTOttawa, wes786, ijcy, and others): I am coordinating with the OP to revise the instructions to reflect end of MB, how to get QC, how to get a phone on tab, what Atlantic Canadians can do, FAQ and more. Please send me your input and suggestions by Sunday. Thanks!
    NEW INSTRUCTIONS & THREAD COMING MONDAY EVE OR TUESDAY! Waiting for mod to approve revisions.
    Koodo MB/QC how-to: click here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad365 View Post
    NEW INSTRUCTIONS & THREAD COMING MONDAY EVE OR TUESDAY! Waiting for mod to approve revisions.
    Looking forward to this!

Feedback Score
    So here is my dilemma ... I have Black Friday promo plan for Ontario... and have a Manitoba phone number.... my 15 day return period ends on the 13 my billing cycle ends on the 13th... should I just cancel it??

Feedback Score
    Should we leave the billing address as, say Winnipeg or should I change it to Ontario? I ended up having someone do it for me but if the billing address is Ontario, would that cause the restriction?

Feedback Score

How to get the $48 Manitoba plan anywhere in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ztensa View Post
    Should we leave the billing address as, say Winnipeg or should I change it to Ontario? I ended up having someone do it for me but if the billing address is Ontario, would that cause the restriction?

That's fraud. No where in this form does it say people should change their actual address to get this plan. The right thing to do is whatever address you used when you first signed up at kodoo kiosk is the one you use. I understand you want this plan but don't give false information. You are better of calling CS loyalty to let them know you want the plan. By you changing it on self serve it's an issue. Remember that when you first sign up they require your piece of I.d with actual address before doing a credit check...be mindful later down the line if anything occurs that's on you. The choices are yours but if I was you I will do things the right way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BathingApe View Post
    That's fraud. No where in this form does it say people should change their actual address to get this plan. The right thing I'd whatever address you used when you signed up at kodoo kiosk is the one you leave. By you changing it on self serve it's an issue. Remember that when you first sign up they require your piece of I.d with actual address before doing a credit check...be mindful later down the line if anything occurs that's on you. The choices are yours but if I was you I will do things the right way.
    Yeah the person who did the plan for me had changed it to Winnipeg. I freaked out and changed it to Ontario asap

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ztensa View Post
    Yeah the person who did the plan for me had changed it to Winnipeg. I freaked out and changed it to Ontario asap
    Smart thinking. You never want anything as fraud coming back to you..that's dangerous and it's not worth it...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo, PM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpig View Post
    So here is my dilemma ... I have Black Friday promo plan for Ontario... and have a Manitoba phone number.... my 15 day return period ends on the 13 my billing cycle ends on the 13th... should I just cancel it??
    Are you suggesting the ON BF promo plan is inferior to this, hence you want to start all over and get on the QC plan then port an ON number?

And if you have a MB number and will eventually port an ON number, why don't you call and ask them to put you on the MB plan? If they make a fuss about your ON address, you can cancel and start over.

Page 484 of 507 FirstFirst ... 384 434 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... LastLast