Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 383

Thread: New Verizon plans effective 8/13

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,349
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Look, anything can change. But I know of no instance where Verizon changed the provisions of a plan while you were still in it. One of the features of the More Everything plan is the $15/$25 discount for out-of-contract lines. That's not going away as long as you stay on More Everything. Anyone who has any evidence (not guesses) to the contrary I'm all ears.
    And that was the point of the question to see if there was evidence of it being otherwise, given that in some places online discussing the new plans some people have mentioned a few different representatives telling them something to that effect (and while we know that things can't really always be trusted coming from even representatives, it seems like a good idea to double-check on things like that).

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    339
    Device(s)
    LG K3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Well, then I guess this is worth repeating for the 500th time -- Verizon does not change your plan unless YOU do something to change it.
    I suspect that is good policy, as most people who don't update their plans are getting less value. But it is probably policy and not a legal requirement. VZW reported last quarter that they had 16 million basic phones and 9 million 3G phones out of their 104 million postpaid subscriptions. I suspect that when 2021 comes (or whatever year) and they want to close down 2G and 3G networks they will be forced to unilaterally change plans. Some analysts suspect that VZW may start giving away phones rather than just sending people packing.

    While VZW does advertise 4G phones for as little as $5.month for 48 months, telling people they have to upgrade their device may not be the hard part. It is telling them they have to abandon their $25/month plans for a minimum of $50/month (using today's rates).
    LG K3 on Virgin Mobile ($20 a month Walmart Plan)
    2 Samsung SCH-u410™ w/Verizon Prepaid ($5 month & $15 month grandfathered plans)

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    0
    I used to have unlimited data for $25 a month, I didn't change anything but Verizon simply turned my data off but let the phone continue working so I had to buy a jetpack and pay $50 a month for 5gb of data per month
    Last edited by cycledude; 08-22-2015 at 10:10 AM.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    0
    On the verizon website a new Samsung Convoy sells for $150 today, my local Walmart still sells the Convoy for 97 cents with a new 2 year contract, I wonder if the Walmart price might be changing soon ?

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,087
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    On the verizon website a new Samsung Convoy sells for $150 today, my local Walmart still sells the Convoy for 97 cents with a new 2 year contract, I wonder if the Walmart price might be changing soon ?
    Seeing as they are trying to do away with contract, I'd guess yes.


    via the HoFo App

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    2,745
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    On the verizon website a new Samsung Convoy sells for $150 today, my local Walmart still sells the Convoy for 97 cents with a new 2 year contract, I wonder if the Walmart price might be changing soon ?
    Currently Walmart still sells 2 year contracts as do most other non corporate retailers of Vzw. Question is when will Vzw follow AT&T, restricting contracts to corporate stores, telesales and online?

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    132
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    So i get a 25% employee discount with VZW. If i choose the 3GB plan for $65 ($45+$20) vs 2GB prepaid plan (with autopay) $45. Which is a better deal? Will the 25% be take off my entire bill of $65? of just $45? Thanks.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    339
    Device(s)
    LG K3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousP View Post
    So i get a 25% employee discount with VZW. If i choose the 3GB plan for $65 ($45+$20) vs 2GB prepaid plan (with autopay) $45. Which is a better deal? Will the 25% be take off my entire bill of $65? of just $45? Thanks.
    So with your discount your price will be $48.75 or $53.75 depending on whether your phone is discounted. Either way it seems like a good price to get an extra gigabyte of data.

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    700
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
    I suspect that is good policy, as most people who don't update their plans are getting less value. But it is probably policy and not a legal requirement. VZW reported last quarter that they had 16 million basic phones and 9 million 3G phones out of their 104 million postpaid subscriptions. I suspect that when 2021 comes (or whatever year) and they want to close down 2G and 3G networks they will be forced to unilaterally change plans. Some analysts suspect that VZW may start giving away phones rather than just sending people packing.

    While VZW does advertise 4G phones for as little as $5.month for 48 months, telling people they have to upgrade their device may not be the hard part. It is telling them they have to abandon their $25/month plans for a minimum of $50/month (using today's rates).
    Good points. I agree that grandfathering in existing plans is not a legal requirement, and that eventually changes in technology might force plan changes. Verizon's policy is, however, one of the reasons I switched to Verizon from AT&T, as I got fed up with my bill increasing 70% without warning (except for the warning 12 months before) whenever a promotion ended. And that's never happened to me with Verizon, nor to anyone else I know who has Verizon.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, now Verizon.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    700
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    I used to have unlimited data for $25 a month, I didn't change anything but Verizon simply turned my data off but let the phone continue working so I had to buy a jetpack and pay $50 a month for 5gb of data per month

    Anything can happen, but I've never heard of that. My brother-in-law still has unlimited data for $25. Maybe you could have gotten that reversed with the right effort.

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    220
    Device(s)
    LG Octane
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM View Post
    So what's the current consensus on this? If someone is still on the More Everything plan does the old structure of either a $15 discount (with shared data below 6 GB) or a $25 discount (with shared data of 6 GB or above) still apply to lines that become month-to-month (out-of-contract, off of Edge, or using owned equipment) or would the new $20 discount (which should really only be applicable to the new plans) now apply to those as well somehow?
    If anybody has any stories to share regarding this, I'm very interested in hearing them as well. I don't want to give up subsidies on our current More Everything plan, especially if my family could save $15 per month per line not on contract and get a subsidized phone as necessary (we're on a 2 GB plan). My dad's line went out of contract not long ago, and I'd like to see about getting the $15 discount, but I don't want to risk Verizon completely removing my dad's ability to get a subsidized phone down the line. :/

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,087
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.M. View Post
    If anybody has any stories to share regarding this, I'm very interested in hearing them as well. I don't want to give up subsidies on our current More Everything plan, especially if my family could save $15 per month per line not on contract and get a subsidized phone as necessary (we're on a 2 GB plan). My dad's line went out of contract not long ago, and I'd like to see about getting the $15 discount, but I don't want to risk Verizon completely removing my dad's ability to get a subsidized phone down the line. :/
    If you take a subsidy on the phone you don't get a $15 discount. The 15 or $25 discount is only if you purchase the phone through the Verizon edge program, now called the payment plan. On the new Verizon plans you're technically still getting the subsidy, because your line access fee is only $20 instead of 40.


    via the HoFo App

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    337
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Anything can happen, but I've never heard of that. My brother-in-law still has unlimited data for $25. Maybe you could have gotten that reversed with the right effort.
    Are you sure your brother in law is still getting unlimited data for $25 a month ??? Verizon told me all the $25 a month unlimited data plans were turned off. If you can get me back on verizon unlimited data for $25 a month I would be very happy to send you a $100 tip !

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    191
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just spoke to my brother who is with Verizon. He was out of contract and so elected to change his plan to the new small $30 plan. He was completely mislead on a number of fronts on the fine print details of the newer plan that were not mentioned to him at the time he made the switch in plans. He discovered only today that he no longer qualifies for an employee discount which he had in his previous plan. Verizon said plans under $35 can not have employee discounts applied. The Canada calling feature he used to have added on his plan (shared between two lines) for $15 had 1,000 minutes/month. That is now $15 per line instead per account. And the minutes limit has been lowered to 100/month. Of course none of this information can be found anywhere in the ads for the new plans. And none of the above details were mentioned by the Verizon rep who helped him change plans.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    700
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by operasam View Post
    Just spoke to my brother who is with Verizon. He was out of contract and so elected to change his plan to the new small $30 plan. He was completely mislead on a number of fronts on the fine print details of the newer plan that were not mentioned to him at the time he made the switch in plans. He discovered only today that he no longer qualifies for an employee discount which he had in his previous plan. Verizon said plans under $35 can not have employee discounts applied. The Canada calling feature he used to have added on his plan (shared between two lines) for $15 had 1,000 minutes/month. That is now $15 per line instead per account. And the minutes limit has been lowered to 100/month. Of course none of this information can be found anywhere in the ads for the new plans. And none of the above details were mentioned by the Verizon rep who helped him change plans.
    That's bad (although the rule of no employee discounts for data plans under $35 has been a while), but of course you MUST go through every aspect of the plan you want before changing. He should make a stink, because they can restore his prior plan as long as it's within 60 days.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Verizon plans?
    By rockotiger in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 11:34 AM
  2. New Verizon Plans
    By selluser in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 01:58 PM
  3. Where are the new Verizon plans?
    By Life-Is-Good in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 05:06 AM
  4. More New Verizon Plans-Midwest
    By Billradio in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2002, 01:10 AM
  5. New Verizon Plans
    By Billradio in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-08-2002, 12:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks