Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: New Verizon plans effective 8/13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
    The new plan seems like it would save me $5/month and I would get an additional 1gb of data unless I'm missing something? I'm currently on More everything 4GB (+ 1GB of promo data so really 5GB total). I also get a 22% discount on data. I have 2 phones, 1 is subsidized (Note 4, upgrade date is 10/2016) and the other is on the Edge program (S6 Edge).

My current line access would drop from $65 ($40 for subsidized phone and 25 for edge phone) to $60 ($40 for subsidized and 20 for the edge). The data package would remain the same but would jump from 4GB to 6GB. I would lose the promo 1GB data but would still come out with an extra 1GB per month for the same price.

I don't care about (or use) the cloud storage so that doesn't matter to me. Am I missing something?
    Wouldn't it be saving you more if staying on ME but switching to (old) 6GB? The data part will be $7.8 more with your 22% discount, but you get 10 more off on your line access - it would be $55 ($40 for subsidized phone and 15 for edge phone) and you keep the promo 1GB data. Total you get 2GB more data and save $2.2.
    Last edited by biou; 08-19-2015 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    Where do you see that? The base Verizon plan is $30 for 1GB shared, so "plan cost per month plus $20/month for each smartphone line. Taxes/fees apply." AT&T is showing their 2GB plan at $30, but $40/month for each smartphone line. Edit: AT&T's monthly phone charge is $25 for Next or out-of-contract as you've mentioned. So, for both $30 base plans, AT&T's is $10 more, but has double the data.
    Seems like it would be $55 total for AT&T for 2 GB vs. $50 total for Verizon for 1 GB--so $5 more with AT&T that comes with 1 GB more of data (basically double the data).

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM View Post
    Seems like it would be $55 total for AT&T for 2 GB vs. $50 total for Verizon for 1 GB--so $5 more with AT&T that comes with 1 GB more of data (basically double the data).
    How'd you figure that?
    - Galaxy S10 (T-Mobile / 128GB / Black)
    Twitter | Homepage

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    How'd you figure that?
    Based on the prices you listed in your earlier reply it seems that for AT&T it's $30 for 2 GB and $25 for the phone, making the total $55 (for 2 GB), while for Verizon it's $30 for 1 GB and $20 for the phone, making the total $50 (for 1 GB). Which makes the difference $5 (and 1 GB).

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Based on the prices you listed in your earlier reply it seems that for AT&T it's $30 for 2 GB and $25 for the phone, making the total $55 (for 2 GB), while for Verizon it's $30 for 1 GB and $20 for the phone, making the total $50 (for 1 GB). Which makes the difference $5 (and 1 GB).
    Oops. Massive facepalm on my end.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Just finished chatting it up with a verizon customer support representative just now. Had a number of questions to ask about my current plan and this is what I got from them.

I will be able to still do a similar payment plan if I were to upgrade to an iphone 6s (40 bucks a month to pay off the phone / access fee). Will not have to sign up for a new plan.

I'm locked into 15 dollars a month if I were to just stay off contract (instead of verizon helping me out fianacing the phone).

If I were to add someone on my line, it is now 20 dollars fee instead of 15 Only people currently on the plan are grandfathered into the 15 a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by _KC_ View Post
    That is not correct. If you add a smartphone line to a More Everything plan, it will not be $20 no matter how you work it. Plans don't intermix like that.
    So what's the current consensus on this? If someone is still on the More Everything plan does the old structure of either a $15 discount (with shared data below 6 GB) or a $25 discount (with shared data of 6 GB or above) still apply to lines that become month-to-month (out-of-contract, off of Edge, or using owned equipment) or would the new $20 discount (which should really only be applicable to the new plans) now apply to those as well somehow?

Feedback Score
    So what's the current consensus on this? If someone is still on the More Everything plan does the old structure of either a $15 discount (with shared data below 6 GB) or a $25 discount (with shared data of 6 GB or above) still apply to lines that become month-to-month (out-of-contract, off of Edge, or using owned equipment) or would the new $20 discount (which should really only be applicable to the new plans) now apply to those as well somehow?
    Going to verizon to make a payment this afternoon. I'll ask the techs there to see if they can answer this question.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

It will still be the same as it has been on the ME plans. None of that has changed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _KC_ View Post
    It will still be the same as it has been on the ME plans. None of that has changed.
    That has been my understanding as well, but seeing some people in various forums implying otherwise (perhaps mostly because they didn't quite understand it all or someone perhaps mislead them in some way) make me wonder again.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I decided to switch to one of the new plans for a savings of $35/month. Seemed to good to pass up. I just don't use the mobile data I used to so figured my pocketbook would thank me. It's about time I got a break from Verizon.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That has been my understanding as well, but seeing some people in various forums implying otherwise (perhaps mostly because they didn't quite understand it all or someone perhaps mislead them in some way) make me wonder again.
    Well, then I guess this is worth repeating for the 500th time -- Verizon does not change your plan unless YOU do something to change it.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, now Verizon.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Well, then I guess this is worth repeating for the 500th time -- Verizon does not change your plan unless YOU do something to change it.
    That's not 100% true they took international unlimited data away from customers many years ago but some would say that is a feature and not a plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    Pricing of additional lines (ones that aren't part of the account already) isn't necessarily something that's directly part of the plan, so it's not exactly always completely clear if that could potentially change.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    That's not 100% true they took international unlimited data away from customers many years ago but some would say that is a feature and not a plan
    Correct. And if I recall they didn't change the feature while you had it. But many people turned that on an off, and you couldn't get it again.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Pricing of additional lines (ones that aren't part of the account already) isn't necessarily something that's directly part of the plan, so it's not exactly always completely clear if that could potentially change.
    Look, anything can change. But I know of no instance where Verizon changed the provisions of a plan while you were still in it. One of the features of the More Everything plan is the $15/$25 discount for out-of-contract lines. That's not going away as long as you stay on More Everything. Anyone who has any evidence (not guesses) to the contrary I'm all ears.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast