Thread: Switching from Cricket 20GB plan to Verizon MVNO

Device(s)
    Huawei Ascend Mate 2 (5.1 Beta, Stock) & HTC One m7 (VZW 5.0.2 Stock + Root)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Switching from Cricket 20GB plan to Verizon MVNO

Hello,

I've been with Cricket for a few months, and I've had a fairly good experience. I'm on a grandfathered 20GB plan, but the benefits aren't enough. In a few places that I frequent, the coverage is very poor for lack of roaming. I use up every bit of that data (at least 25GB/month). NO WIFI at home. I live in a fairly rural area. It's at least 10 miles from a decent sized town, and at least 25 miles from a decent sized city.

I live on the border of LTE coverage for AT&T. Sometimes, calls don't go through, and my speeds for data are sad when unthrotted.

I have decided that I need better coverage, at least for calling and texting. I have concluded that one of Verizon's MVNO's is probably my best bet.

I have been looking at ROK mobile for some time, and I see that they are picking up Verizon for service too. This looks great to me.

Could someone tell me if the 256kbps throttle is active on the Verizon side, if it includes roaming, etc.?

Any suggestions on comparable deals would be greatly appreciated.

Requirements:
    Large amounts of data, OR higher throttle than 128kbps.
    Decent pricing, preferably better than my $60/month.

All help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    Carrier(s)
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    You probably aren't gonna find a better deal with data. What I do when I need vzw coverage is I have a google voice number that rings both phones. Att and vzw. I know to keep the little used vzw close when I need vzw coverage. Without home internet and a big need for cell internet your choices might be limited.

via the HoFo App
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Device(s)
    Huawei Ascend Mate 2 (5.1 Beta, Stock) & HTC One m7 (VZW 5.0.2 Stock + Root)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn View Post
    You probably aren't gonna find a better deal with data. What I do when I need vzw coverage is I have a google voice number that rings both phones. Att and vzw. I know to keep the little used vzw close when I need vzw coverage. Without home internet and a big need for cell internet your choices might be limited.

via the HoFo App
    I wish I could even do that setup, but I'd have to port the number to GV, which will make me lose the plan.