Thread: ST Sim Card Question.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

ST Sim Card Question.

Greetings,

I need y'alls help again. I am gonna port my number from Page Plus back to ST. My sister gave me a Samsung Galaxy S4 and its AT&T.

Since I already bought a Activation Kit a few months back and Activated one Sim Card, Can I switch back using that same SIM Card I activated before I ported out to PP? or do I have to buy a whole new Activation Kit again?.

Also I sent ST an email and have yet to hear from them. So I am here asking for y'alls help.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    The same card cannot be reactivated. Does the activation kit still have other SIM cards in it? Do you know if any of the other ones are AT&T as well?
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well the kit comes with 4 SIM Cards plus a CDMA Access Code. Two Sim Cards are "FOR USE WITH AT&T COMPATIBLE PHONES" and One of them is a Dual Sim Card (Standard or Micro) and the other one is a Nano Sim Card. The Other two Sim Cards are "FOR USE WITH T-MOBILE COMPATIBLE PHONES" and just like the AT&T ones they come in Dual Sim and Nano.

The sim card that I activated was the Dual Sim Card because my neighbor let me use their old at&t phone until I could switch to Page Plus.

Since I can't activate an old sim card from ST, can I activate the nano sim and buy a converter to turn it into a Micro Sim?.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by famguy View Post
    Well the kit comes with 4 SIM Cards plus a CDMA Access Code. Two Sim Cards are "FOR USE WITH AT&T COMPATIBLE PHONES" and One of them is a Dual Sim Card (Standard or Micro) and the other one is a Nano Sim Card. The Other two Sim Cards are "FOR USE WITH T-MOBILE COMPATIBLE PHONES" and just like the AT&T ones they come in Dual Sim and Nano.

The sim card that I activated was the Dual Sim Card because my neighbor let me use their old at&t phone until I could switch to Page Plus.

Since I can't activate an old sim card from ST, can I activate the nano sim and buy a converter to turn it into a Micro Sim?.
    you can, however you must be careful when using the adapters because they can get stuck and
    damage the sim card slot.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 on ST
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    you can, however you must be careful when using the adapters because they can get stuck and
    damage the sim card slot.
    This is very true. I have a cell phone repair shop, and this is a very common problem that I see on a day to day basis. People purchase the cheap sim adapters, which are ok for iPhones, but for the other design of sim slots, it will cause damage to the sim card slot.

Just get the right size sim card for your phone to begin with. Spend $10 on a new sim card kit and you could potentially be saving (the cost of) your phone.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    When using adapters. You are taking a risk. Being it is an s4 and the SIM has locking mechanism. I would get the right size SIM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the replies. I figured as much for the Adapters. So I went ahead and got me a Sim Kit which I must say is allot different from the one I bought a couple of months ago since the new Kit includes SIM Cards for CDMA LTE (Verizon).