Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 1121

Thread: Northern MI T-Mobile buildout has begun!

  1. #436
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,171
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jwagger View Post
    Right, i know it doesn't have 12 but he said "4g", not lte. Guess that's where I'm confused. Was that just in that spot where there was no lte?
    T-Mobile and AT&T define UMTS/HSPA as "4G" instead of 3G. Basically, Maxamillion was actually picking up 3G/UMTS on PCS. T-Mobile may have decided to deploy UMTS on 1900 in the larger populated areas so customers with non B12 devices would pick up native coverage. Surprised they didn't just deploy LTE on B2 instead.

  2. #437
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    170
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9, LG G Pad F 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    T-Mobile and AT&T define UMTS/HSPA as "4G" instead of 3G. Basically, Maxamillion was actually picking up 3G/UMTS on PCS. T-Mobile may have decided to deploy UMTS on 1900 in the larger populated areas so customers with non B12 devices would pick up coverage. Surprised they didn't just deploy LTE on B2 instead.
    It's early, things could change. At least it's a non band 12 sighting this far nw in Michigan, ie, not east like Oscoda. Gives me hope for Petoskey!

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

  3. #438
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    120
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    T-Mobile and AT&T define UMTS/HSPA as "4G" instead of 3G. Basically, Maxamillion was actually picking up 3G/UMTS on PCS. T-Mobile may have decided to deploy UMTS on 1900 in the larger populated areas so customers with non B12 devices would pick up native coverage. Surprised they didn't just deploy LTE on B2 instead.
    This is what I was asking. So likely as of right now it is 700 over 1900 umts? Seems like a strange setup.

  4. #439
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,171
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jwagger View Post
    This is what I was asking. So likely as of right now it is 700 over 1900 umts? Seems like a strange setup.
    Well they would be running LTE on 700 (B12) along with 3G over PCS (1900). Pretty much the same as southern MI.

  5. #440
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,776
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Well they would be running LTE on 700 (B12) along with 3G over PCS (1900). Pretty much the same as southern MI.
    That would be a curious setup, particularly if they had no band-2 or 4 LTE.
    Donald Newcomb

  6. #441
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Detroit Metro Area
    Posts
    381
    Device(s)
    Nokia E51, E60, Moto V330, V300, P280, L7089
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sjly1 View Post
    I like the line of 3G going across Lake Michigan. I suppose that is from a plane?
    Wonder if that line is the Badger ferry across Lake Michigan? Does it start in Ludington?

  7. #442
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,776
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fourfone View Post
    Wonder if that line is the Badger ferry across Lake Michigan? Does it start in Ludington?
    Ludington to Maitowoc but that's not the line. It goes from Kalamazoo to Green Bay. You'd think that Sensorly could program their app to reject readings when the speed is over, say, 100 mph.

  8. #443
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,171
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    There is some nice new LTE coverage on Sensorly. Looks like new coverage along 131 between Reed City and Cadillac.

  9. #444
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    Driving north on I-75 around West Branch area I was getting 4g LTE on my LG G3 today. That wasn't the case last Saturday. Only my z915 Hotspot device was picking up 4G LTE last Saturday.

    Around Houghton Lake I only picked up 4G LTE on my Hotspot today (same as last Saturday).

    Maybe in the near future my G3 will be fully functional in Houghton Lake as well?

  10. #445
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,171
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DanoMI View Post
    Driving north on I-75 around West Branch area I was getting 4g LTE on my LG G3 today. That wasn't the case last Saturday. Only my z915 Hotspot device was picking up 4G LTE last Saturday.

    Around Houghton Lake I only picked up 4G LTE on my Hotspot today (same as last Saturday).

    Maybe in the near future my G3 will be fully functional in Houghton Lake as well?
    Hmm. Checked your device(G3) and it doesn't appear to support B12. Wonder if they turned up B4 as well? On your way back, check on LTE Discovery to see what band it is. The network reports are getting better

  11. #446
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ive got a a Sonic 2.0 hotspot, no idea what band it uses....but picked up 4G connectable coverage in a 6 mile radius around Kalkaska tonight!!

  12. #447
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,171
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Went for another ride up to the tip of the Thumb this evening and discovered some new coverage. LTE is now live in Caseville and Port Austin. Mapped it on Cellmapper. While in Bad Axe, I checked the network there and indeed they are running two network layers there.....LTE and 3G/UMTS. LTE is running on 10 MHz B4+5 MHz B12 Carrier Aggregation, and 3G/UMTS on 1900(B2). They aren't running both layers, or Carrier Agg on every site, however. This area isn't technically northern MI, but this could be an indication of how they may build out in the more populated areas up north. Right now, T-Mobile is faster than AT&T and Thumb Cellular in a few areas in the Thumb. Took a few Screenshots in Bad Axe:

    Attachment 132801

    Attachment 132802

  13. #448
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wow that's pretty impressive speed for this rural area.I ditched AT&T and ported my number over to T-mobile a few weeks ago, Got tired of waiting for LTE coverage........Had a few problems making and receiving calls on my Iphone 5 but even without band 12 the signal inside my house was better than AT&T. Just got a new iphone 6s a few days ago and so far it's been great the VoLTE calling is a big improvement over the iphone 5
    Name:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  48.5 KB

  14. #449
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,171
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mckey View Post
    Wow that's pretty impressive speed for this rural area.I ditched AT&T and ported my number over to T-mobile a few weeks ago, Got tired of waiting for LTE coverage........Had a few problems making and receiving calls on my Iphone 5 but even without band 12 the signal inside my house was better than AT&T. Just got a new iphone 6s a few days ago and so far it's been great the VoLTE calling is a big improvement over the iphone 5
    Name:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  48.5 KB
    Nice! That is Sandusky?

  15. #450
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,776
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Went for another ride up to the tip of the Thumb this evening and discovered some new coverage. ...
    I wonder if Thumb Cellular is feeling a hot breath down the back their necks this Halloween?

Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. It has begun: The merger process between Sprint and T-Mobile
    By agalvan in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 07:28 PM
  2. Rev A has hit Northern MI
    By budone in forum ALLTEL
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 03:18 PM
  3. T-Mobile USA has best quarter ever with more than 1 million net additions in the Four
    By VTECMAN in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-22-2003, 12:55 PM
  4. T-Mobile only has 20% of Cingulars Capacity?
    By ethune in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2002, 11:36 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-15-2002, 11:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks