Thread: Verizon coverage - Newer phone, decent data & texts - best rates?

Device(s)
    Varies
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question Verizon coverage - Newer phone, decent data & texts - best rates?

OK, had PP for a very long time. From many flip phones (still have a working E815!) up through a iPhone 4S. I also had Red Pocket Verizon for a couple of months. Their $20 plan is about dead perfect for my needs with 1GB of data, unlimited texts and a small amount of talk time. Problem was no newer phones allowed. Instead of getting a newer Verizon LTE phone and going back to PP when they allowed LTE I decided to try out Cricket. I'm on their $35 plan right now and it more than fits my needs. Problem is coverage - I get spotty coverage at home and there are still way too many dead zones vs. my prior coverage. Verizon is still king out here where all the old Alltel towers still stand.

So, I would like to go back to Verizon but need/want a newer phone.
    I go through a good amount of texts, no clue how many but a decent amount. I would guess I'd need at min 300-500
    Data - I am using 350MB to 1GB a month depending on trips or work
    Talk - maybe a couple hundred minutes a month if that

Thankfully I am around WiFi most of the day. I do tether to my laptop for work occasionally but it is min usage at most, it is just way more convenient to do some work on my laptop vs. my phone.

So based on above who would you guys recommend? I was leaning towards Trac or maybe Selectel. Trac worries me a bit, I know people who have them and they still say customer service is terrible at best and nonexistent most times. I normally dont ever need to use CS so I guess I shouldnt worry too much but still...

I'd like to keep costs close to my $35/mth if possible.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    While I personally have some reservations about how they seem to run their business, Puppy Wireless probably has the lowest rates for the given usage at $30. They have 4G LTE service and can enable paid voice roaming similar to Page Plus.

Device(s)
    Varies
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I remember the mess the cat company turned into, the new dog could end up worse than Trac! I'll look into them though.

Feedback Score
    yeah, i'd never touch either cat or dog due to reasons that got me an infraction by a mod last time i asked if they were true.

your situation is why i am hoping byo wireless will eventually get lte too. theres tracfone, i think you have to buy the 365 day refill card-thing though for the best rates. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...MVNO-LTE-plans

Feedback Score
    Maybe stick with Pageplus. Should be able to come very close to $35.00 per month by getting pins online. I was fine with PP for about 4 years before switching to Cricket. At&t coverage is actually a little better then Verizon's in the areas I frequent so it worked out great for me.