Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Network Updates

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    WIND added 10 new sites in June, 7 in Ontario.

sites.postpro.net

Feedback Score
    @pjw918, I admire your tenacity maintaining this sticky up to date. Unfortunately, the activity in this thread is by no means correlated to network improvement. The regression in network performance this year has been indescribably bad. There is not a single location that I frequent where data works properly. It was the good coverage at work that has made me stay with Wind. These days, I get a fluttering signal and timeouts trying to load the google search page.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    There are enough reports from BC & AB of improved user experience to believe WIND's network improvements there have made a difference. The gains out west are not fanciful, though of course in certain areas there are disappointed users. It's apparent from your posts your experience has been unremittingly poor. If you can't wait for the ON improvements to be completed, and knowing that unlike the West and elsewhere in ON there's no new spectrum available for TO (barring a breakthough deal with Videotron), perhaps you should consider alternatives that put you on an RBT network. You'll know where the deals are, such as they are.

It's seems apparent you'll have to wait for the Nokia-provisioned LTE upgrade of the WIND network before performance in the areas you frequent might meet your expectations.

What's the point of doing nothing and continuing to complain, if you feel nothing will change or can't wait for what's coming?

Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    It was the good coverage at work that has made me stay with Wind. These days, I get a fluttering signal and timeouts trying to load the google search page.
    I believe you that your experience has deteriorated, that in many areas the network can ill-support an influx of new users and increased data demands, but putting subscriber acquisition on hold is not an option for WIND management or the Shaw ownership.

Ten sites in one month...

Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    Currently Videotron and Bell. Has used PM, Wind, Koodo, Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    There are enough reports from BC & AB of improved user experience to believe WIND's network improvements there have made a difference. The gains out west are not fanciful, though of course in certain areas there are disappointed users. It's apparent from your posts your experience has been unremittingly poor. If you can't wait for the ON improvements to be completed, and knowing that unlike the West and elsewhere in ON there's no new spectrum available for TO (barring a breakthough deal with Videotron), perhaps you should consider alternatives that put you on an RBT network. You'll know where the deals are, such as they are.

It's seems apparent you'll have to wait for the Nokia-provisioned LTE upgrade of the WIND network before performance in the areas you frequent might meet your expectations.

What's the point of doing nothing and continuing to complain, if you feel nothing will change or can't wait for what's coming?

I believe you that your experience has deteriorated, that in many areas the network can ill-support an influx of new users and increased data demands, but putting subscriber acquisition on hold is not an option for WIND management or the Shaw ownership.

Ten sites in one month...
    I'm in Ottawa, where the service had deteriorated since about two years ago. New towers are added on the Québec side (read: a lost cause against Vidéotron).

I want Wind to succeed, hence the one phone we have with Wind. Our other phones are with other providers.

Device(s)
    N5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    just text no screen shot/url for this one i swapped phones and didnt think about saving it but i have to mention it.

canada day 3pmish just north of downtown calgary on princes island park (people EVERYWHERE thousands all over the place) 1mb down 0.03mb upload speed ~530ms ping time.

normally around 10mb down in that area when there are not so many extra people in the area. i suspect starting thursday this week most of the calgary downtown core and belt line upgrades will be unnoticeable for 10 days as the calgary stampede starts up.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Was at the Pride Parade in Toronto yesterday, and reception was non-existent. Eventually, my friend and I had zero bars of reception for the remainder of the event. It made contacting our group very difficult.

I hope LTE coverage comes to Toronto soon.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Announced July 4

Barrie / Innisfil - Innisfil Beach Rd & St. Paul Rd

--
    not to be confused with Innisfail AB ;p
    The name Innisfil comes from the Irish Inis Fáil, an ancient mythological name for Ireland.
    Last edited by pjw918; 07-04-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drethis View Post
    Was at the Pride Parade in Toronto yesterday, and reception was non-existent. Eventually, my friend and I had zero bars of reception for the remainder of the event. It made contacting our group very difficult.

I hope LTE coverage comes to Toronto soon.
    That's how Wind is during big events. I posted about it 2 years ago and it still remains a big problem for Wind.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...signal-service

Large crowds destroy the Wind network.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ron.jace View Post
    That's how Wind is during big events. I posted about it 2 years ago and it still remains a big problem for Wind.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...signal-service

Large crowds destroy the Wind network.
    Based in Calgary and it being Stampede week you'd think Shaw could come up with a couple COWs.

They have the money. These large event crowds are a great way to un-impress new/prospective customers with service failure.

Maybe they're being stupid cheap and waiting for VoLTE/VoWiFi and their hotspots to solve the problem.

Or they can't decide what name to put on the side of the unit.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Announced July 4.

KW / Cambridge - Franklin Blvd & Savage Dr

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Announced July 4.

KW / St. George - Hwy 5 & Burt Rd

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Based in Calgary and it being Stampede week you'd think Shaw could come up with a couple COWs.
    I'm sure they'll start doing this kind of thing next year for Western Canada events. This year would have been pretty short notice in a very busy period (smooth take-overs are a ton of work without doing extra things).

GTA is so over-subscribed it might be pointless to even try. That is, it might take a dozen units for an event like Pride just to squeeze through text messages.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rodtaylor View Post
    I'm sure they'll start doing this kind of thing next year for Western Canada events. This year would have been pretty short notice in a very busy period (smooth take-overs are a ton of work without doing extra things).

GTA is so over-subscribed it might be pointless to even try. That is, it might take a dozen units for an event like Pride just to squeeze through text messages.
    I don't know how the GTA can be so called over subscribed when Wind planned to have over 1 million customers years ago. By all measures the forecast was way optimistic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    I don't know how the GTA can be so called over subscribed when Wind planned to have over 1 million customers years ago. By all measures the forecast was way optimistic.
    They didn't project 80% of their customer base to be in the GTA. It's far from 80% of the initial target population (where they bought spectrum). 50% in the GTA was likely closer to expectations.

In short, they basically hit their GTA target number years ago and missed by a wide margin in the rest of the country; I imagine Vancouver fell short but also a huge miss where they didn't deploy like Victoria, Winnipeg, ....

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Announced July 5.

Brantford - Powerline Rd and Balmoral Dr

Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast