Thread: Unlocked verizon samsung galaxy note 4 on h2o wireless 4g lte issue !!!

Feedback Score

Unlocked verizon samsung galaxy note 4 on h2o wireless 4g lte issue !!!

Hello Guys

I recently purchased UNLOCKED VERIZON NOTE 4 assuming i am gonna be able to use it with my prepaid h2o wireless plan flawlessly but i was wrong .
    HSPA+ is what i get on the internet ,
    Listen to this part >>Randomly i did receive 4G LTE twice around 1 hour at the same location that i live , middle of the L.A !! , SURPRISINGLY when i received the 4G LTE speed my reception bar was full as well while during HSPA+ it is only 3 bar !!
    After watching lots of videos on Youtube still nobody has a clue what is exactly going on with Verizon"s UNLOCKED phones on T-MOBIL and AT&t etc..

My question is do Verizon unlocked note 4 get 4G LTE on other carries such as T MOBILE or AT&T or H2O WIRELESS ??

Thanks for your time !

Feedback Score
    My understanding is Verizon CDMA 4G phones will only get H+ speed on GSM nerwork in US or overseas. Someone corrects me but I think the only exceptions are iPhone 6s and Nexus 6.

MK

Feedback Score
    I just struggled with this for the past couple of days (verizon iphone 6 plus plan 30). No matter what I did it always went back to 4G. Finally I decided to call in this morning and was told by IVR that customer service is closed (10 AM CT).

This is what I did in between my phone calls and while I was on the second call waiting to be called back (gethuman something) I noticed LTE and I hung up immediately.

iPhone 6 trick (LTE profile didn't work)
    Put an alternate SIM card to bring up the APN settings. Change the APN to PRODATA, reboot. That's all needed. It's however weird that after each reboot I have to wait a couple of minutes for the network to be recognized which is odd (never happened with PTEL/PGPLS, network is immediately recognized by the time I got past lock screen). Any way my problem is solved now and am happy. Don't ever intended to call CS again.

Good luck if you have are able to change the APN with or without an alternate SIM.

Feedback Score
    I lost LTE today and no matter what I did, it doesn't come back. I will have to live with 4G for the next 30days at least I guess.

Feedback Score
    Well this is even more strange , i have been driving around the L.A last couple of days and noticing i receive 4G LTE in some areas despite ppl saying that UNLOCKED VERIZON NOTE 4 dosnt get 4G LTE on other carries such as H2O WIRELESS ,but what really makes me crazy is some time restarting the phone make HPSA+ to switch to 4G LTE , but one thing for sure my UNLOCKED NOTE 2 FROM TMOBILE which i have been using with H2O for 1 year had always had 4G LTE around the town which i am missing that with VERIZON NOTE 4 .
    on one of the posts i saw verizon TECH mentioning that these verizon unlocked phones are desigend to get the best reception on verizon network also be able to use it when its necessary out of country .i dont know what to do now

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I actually own a Verizon Note 4. I use it on T-Mobile from time to time. It is only compatible with bands 4 and 13.
    It does not support part of AWS HSPA+ (1700Mhz). It will support 1900 and 850 UMTS/HSPA+ though. 2G is fine.

You will only get Band 4 LTE on AT&T, which AFAIK isn't as common as Band 17.

T-Mobile's core urban LTE network uses band 4, so if you want LTE in cities all the time, use TMO. ATT will still provide much better 3G coverage, though, which is generally fine.

You should use an ATT Note 4 if you want full ATT support
    Personal bests:

Sprint // $70 Unlimited + iPhone Forever
    Apple iPhone 6s (Sprint)

[Formerly] Verizon Wireless // More Everything™ 10GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (VZW) | Motorola DROID RAZR M
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/1119949246.png
    T-Mobile // Simple Choice Prepaid Unlimited
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (VZW)
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/1146406371.png

Feedback Score
    I found out that the issue is with enabling voice & data for LTE. Pageplus certianly didn't allow voice, so I tried changing LTE to data only for H2O and LTE now is stable. Otherwise LTE is lost after every phone call. When using the phone LTE becomes 4G but returns to LTE as soon as the call is over.

Feedback Score
    Would you please describe how you do that, my phone is not rooted
    thanks for help

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Phones that don't even get 4G (they don't have the 4G hardware) can still display "4G" next to the signal bars. The Lumia 520 is one 3G phone that will display the "4G" symbol, even though it is not capable of using 4G. I had a Lumia 520 on H2O that would do this. So, just because a phone displays the "4G" flag doesn't mean it is actually using 4G.
    Is a Telegram a metric e-mail?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon7 View Post
    Hello Guys

I recently purchased UNLOCKED VERIZON NOTE 4 assuming i am gonna be able to use it with my prepaid h2o wireless plan flawlessly but i was wrong .
    HSPA+ is what i get on the internet ,
    Listen to this part >>Randomly i did receive 4G LTE twice around 1 hour at the same location that i live , middle of the L.A !! , SURPRISINGLY when i received the 4G LTE speed my reception bar was full as well while during HSPA+ it is only 3 bar !!
    After watching lots of videos on Youtube still nobody has a clue what is exactly going on with Verizon"s UNLOCKED phones on T-MOBIL and AT&t etc..

My question is do Verizon unlocked note 4 get 4G LTE on other carries such as T MOBILE or AT&T or H2O WIRELESS ??

Thanks for your time !
    the problem you have is because Samsung build phones for Verizon just with the Verizon compatible frequencies (mhz), when you try to use Verizon or not at&t phones on MVNO company like h2o that just handle 1900-850-900 mhz your lucky if your Verizon phone can at least connect to the internet.
    so if you want to be 100% connected. you need an AT&T phone that are a 100% compatible with H2O.