Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jump On Demand

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Jump On Demand

Anyone go to a store today and get on the program? The store I went to wasn't too sure on how things worked. The rep was just throwing numbers around.

via the HoFo App
    Get DropBox!!

Was an ATT customer since 2011 switched to T-Mobile 4/2015 and living in NY. Thank God for unlimited data!

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It's only for high-end phones. You get to change phones 3 times per year. It's very difficult to switch from current a JUMP! program to JUMP! Mk 3. And it's a trap.

Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It's only for high-end phones. You get to change phones 3 times per year. It's very difficult to switch from current a JUMP! program to JUMP! Mk 3. And it's a trap.

So you're jumping on to lower end phones?

Funny hearing every JUMP1 person afraid to lose JUMP1 but gives no logical explanation how is JUMP3 worst?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure of all the details on it but I guess for me it would depend on how big my total bill would be, how long I planned to keep phone, and whether there was a decent priced phone when deciding to utilize it.

Sent from my RM-1018_1006 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shook187 View Post
    So you're jumping on to lower end phones?
    Funny hearing every JUMP1 person afraid to lose JUMP1 but gives no logical explanation how is JUMP3 worst?
    You assume incorrectly that I'm on a JUMP! program at all. I thought about JUMP3 briefly as a way to get temporary use of some high-end phones but realized that there was no way out of the trap because as low down the totem pole as you could JUMP was the iPhone 6.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm interested in just upgrading every year probably plus the fact i have to find a seller for my phones with JOD I just trade and get new one and that's it.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It's very difficult to switch from current a JUMP! program to JUMP! Mk 3.
    This is not true. There is no difficulty at all to switch. But it's probably not wise to switch because you don't get the benefits that you've been paying $10 per month for which is for T-mobile to pay off some or all of your EIP when you trade in your current phone.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is actually a great deal right now ONLY if you are interested in the iPhone 6/6+ and have a cheap smartphone to trade in, AND you'll keep it for the full 18 month lease term and buy it out at the end and discontinue JUMP on Demand.

REMAINING MONTHLY PAYMENTS: 18
    TOTAL LEASE AMOUNT: $486.00 (does not include promotional $12/mo iPhone credit)
    PURCHASE OPTION PRICE: $163.92

Take the iPhone 6 for example. The total lease amount goes down by $27 for each month you pay $15 for thanks to the $12 promotional credit. You will only get the promotional credit for as long as you're within the 18 month lease, you lose it if you buy out the lease early. So.. if you resist the temptation to get a new iPhone down the road and stick it out, you will effectively pay $15 x 18 = $270 in lease payments plus $163.92 to buy it out after 18 months = $433.92. Like I said, this only makes sense if you do the iPhone promo AND you don't constantly upgrade to "regular priced" leasing options. That's a good deal if you plan to keep the iPhone for 18+ months anyway.

Other than that, I don't think this is a particularly great deal. It is easy and cheap up front though. I feel sorry for the reps, now they have three JUMP programs to deal with and this leasing one is probably going to be confusing for some customers. Personally, I will probably continue on the way I've been buying my phones. Either outright or by doing EIP for x amount of months and paying it off early to sell.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 6s+ [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, LG Leon LTE, Xiaomi Note 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    The iPhone 6 promotion looks good…until you realize the 6S is coming out in 2-3 months. So if you want the 6S, resist your temptations! Personally, I don't like having the newest phone for ONLY two months, I'd prefer a year.

via the HoFo App
    Jeffw16

Blog

1. T-Mobile Band 4 LTE at UTD, 2. T-Mobile Band 12 LTE, 3. TWC 100Mbps

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw16 View Post
    The iPhone 6 promotion looks good…until you realize the 6S is coming out in 2-3 months. So if you want the 6S, resist your temptations! Personally, I don't like having the newest phone for ONLY two months, I'd prefer a year.
    I agree. Although I think it'll be more like 4 months before the new iPhone is actually in people's hands. But at this point the wait will be worth it if it has band 12 as the two areas I frequent are either currently covered or will be shortly covered with it (Atlanta and Dallas). Not to mention I already have the current iPhone 6 but think the $15 deal would be great if they let the promotion stay with the next gen version; highly doubtful.

Feedback Score
    This program really has two benefits. No upfront cost (sales tax is rolled onto the bill) and the opportunity to upgrade 3 times a year. Considering the limited selection, I don't see the second one being a huge benefit. If someone gets a phone once a year, its a hard toss up as to whether jump2 or jump3 is the better choice. Plus if you don't get insurance on jump3 (which is included with jump2) you are an idiot. Returning the leased phone requires a 3 point inspection, and if the phone fails any points its a $250 charge. Thats per failure. All three means you pay $750 to return the phone (or you can pay off the lease).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakezula84 View Post
    This program really has two benefits. No upfront cost (sales tax is rolled onto the bill)
    Is the sales tax rolled into the bill or is it because it is a lease and no a sale, there is no sales tax?

Considering the limited selection, I don't see the second one being a huge benefit.
    The selection is limited to the top end flagships. And I'm sure more will top end devices will be added as they are released. This is a great plan for those that always want the latest phone. T-Mobile is providing a great service so that someone wouldn't have to sell a phone after a few months, then buy a new one at full price. T-Mobile takes care of the depreciation and the resale.

Returning the leased phone requires a 3 point inspection, and if the phone fails any points its a $250 charge. Thats per failure.
    Two of those are for your own errors---cracked screen and water damage. If either of those two things happens of course you should expect to pay up. The third, not powering on, could be a manufacturing defect. But if you are flipping the phones frequently, then you would likely be under the manufacturer's warranty and they would take care of that.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Two of those are for your own errors---cracked screen and water damage. If either of those two things happens of course you should expect to pay up. The third, not powering on, could be a manufacturing defect. But if you are flipping the phones frequently, then you would likely be under the manufacturer's warranty and they would take care of that.
    Those of us down here on the Gulf Coast know all too well that "water damage" can show up by just carrying your phone outside in the summer.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just switched on Sunday from Verizon to T-Mobile and I decided to go with Jump On Demand. It was nice not having to pay anything upfront and trading in my old phone, iPhone 6, pays my bill for a little over 3 months. Plus, the fact that I can upgrade to a new phone 3x per year is what really sold me. I'm happy with my service and CS was a great help during my number port.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterfanryan View Post
    I just switched on Sunday from Verizon to T-Mobile and I decided to go with Jump On Demand. It was nice not having to pay anything upfront and trading in my old phone, iPhone 6, pays my bill for a little over 3 months. Plus, the fact that I can upgrade to a new phone 3x per year is what really sold me. I'm happy with my service and CS was a great help during my number port.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    I jumped on as well (no pun intended). Already had T-Mobile so for me it was just going from not using EIP or any prior Jump program to signing up for the Jump on Demand lease. I traded in a cheap ZTE Zinger I had collecting dust to fulfill the trade-in requirement. That allowed me to keep my iPhone 6 16GB which I sold on eBay for double what T-Mobile is offering trade-in value and then leased the iPhone 6 64GB with $99 down and $15 a month. I'll more than likely put this lease to use with the next iPhone revision but I'm not sure as $15 a month is great.

I would recommend that anyone thinking of this program trade-in a cheap old smartphone other than the main one they currently use if you don't have it attached to EIP or any other sort of Jump program currently. The prices offered by T-Mobile are extremely low compared to what you can get on the used phone market.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast