Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LTE-A on Telus?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post
    DC-HSPA+ for me (on Koodo) is almost always faster than LTE
    That is very weird ... What city do you live in?

On Bell here I average 60mbps during daytime and 130+ at night ..far higher than HSPA which is only 15-30. Since Koodo share the same network as Telus/Bell it should be similar right?

This is in Toronto though .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousAnon View Post
    That is very weird ... What city do you live in?

On Bell here I average 60mbps during daytime and 130+ at night ..far higher than HSPA which is only 15-30. Since Koodo share the same network as Telus/Bell it should be similar right?

This is in Toronto though .
    This is the case when I visit Brockville and Cornwall, Ontario and Gatineau and Aylmer, Québec. Nowhere near the size of Toronto and no LTE-Advanced so I'm sure that plays a big factor.
    Edit: Didn't mean to imply Brockville has DC-HSPA+, and LTE was actually faster there when I visited last night. Often dropped down to HSPA+ though whenever I wasn't really close to a tower or the second I left the city on Hwy 401. Speeds on HSPA+ were 8-12 Mbps and LTE was around 20-30 Mbps. In Cornwall and Gatineau/Aylmer speeds on DC-HSPA+ were generally 19-22 Mbps and LTE was 9-18 Mbps generally.

Feedback Score
    LTE speeds seem to be much faster during nighttimes as well - after 9 or 10

Feedback Score
    Which bands do they use for LTE-A / Carrier aggregation? It seems like the Nexus 6P cannot connect to it but the S6 and Note 5 can.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure they are using Band 2 (15x15) and Band 4 (15x15) to give 30Mhz in the download which is their advertized 225Mbps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJV View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are using Band 2 (15x15) and Band 4 (15x15) to give 30Mhz in the download which is their advertized 225Mbps.
    So that would be B2-B4 which the phone supports but I can't seem to get LTE+ at all on this device. I managed to call Telus again and they still didn't know but said they believe it's the same as Bell using Band4 and Band2. Phone supports, B2-B4, does the order matter?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm confused because you have three different posts about this subject. Two in the Telus forum and one in the Bell forum. Is your issue with connecting to Telus LTE Advanced or Bell's LTE Advanced? There are differences between the two and their implementation depending on where you are.

Where in the country are you saying you should be connected to LTE Advanced? Which carrier are you with?
    Are you certain the area you in is serviced by LTE Advanced?
    Is your Nexus 6P factory unlocked or locked to a certain carrier?

Feedback Score
    I'm confused because you have three different posts about this subject. Two in the Telus forum and one in the Bell forum. Is your issue with connecting to Telus LTE Advanced or Bell's LTE Advanced? There are differences between the two and their implementation depending on where you are.

Where in the country are you saying you should be connected to LTE Advanced? Which carrier are you with?
    Are you certain the area you in is serviced by LTE Advanced?
    Is your Nexus 6P factory unlocked or locked to a certain carrier?
    Sorry for the confusion. Only have a few days to exchange it so was looking for an answer and replied to threads pertaining to the subject. Telus has said they use the Bell network in Ontario and actually looked to the Bell page for the information. So I was hoping if it was true, someone may have that phone in the Bell forum and can say. When it comes to LTE Advanced, the agents are not trained and are clueless.

Connected in Toronto on Telus.
    Definitely serviced. Have a Telus S6 and Note 5 that both get LTE+ signals consistently and have for the last 6 months. Speedtest gets 3x faster than the Nexus 6P when those two show LTE+
    It is purchased from Telus but it seems Nexus phones always come factory unlocked

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

LTE-A on Telus?

Not sure why they only advertise 225 as their top theoretical speed. It should be the same as Bell since carrier-aggregation is implemented on the RAN side and Bell/Telus share the RAN.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyd71 View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. Only have a few days to exchange it so was looking for an answer and replied to threads pertaining to the subject. Telus has said they use the Bell network in Ontario and actually looked to the Bell page for the information. So I was hoping if it was true, someone may have that phone in the Bell forum and can say. When it comes to LTE Advanced, the agents are not trained and are clueless.

Connected in Toronto on Telus.
    Definitely serviced. Have a Telus S6 and Note 5 that both get LTE+ signals consistently and have for the last 6 months. Speedtest gets 3x faster than the Nexus 6P when those two show LTE+
    It is purchased from Telus but it seems Nexus phones always come factory unlocked
    Toronto RAN is operated by Bell. Depending on which area you are in and your device's CA capability, your most likely CA scenario would be B2 + B4 (up to 260 Mbps).
    Last edited by sheytoon; 02-29-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2