Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1175

Thread: Verizon MVNO Puppy Wirelss Discussion

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Charleston View Post
    Jeff, Do you know what the options are with Boom and tethering? It's rare that I need it but when I do, it's important. FoxFi no longer works it seems and I can't get PDAnet to work. Is there another option or will it be standard on Boom anytime soon?
    It should be a standard fairly soon for us. I will try and get an update from VZW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    It should be a standard fairly soon for us. I will try and get an update from VZW.

Thanks, Boom has otherwise worked well for me so far, but this point is getting to be a deal breaker. I'll be looking forward to hearing how soon it's coming.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Charleston View Post
    I'm not the most savvy about these things. My intention with posting the wifi speeds was to demonstrate that the "slow" mobile data speeds were not on account of the device itself.
    I see. I'd say even low end devices these days should be able to hit 30-40 mbps on either wifi or mobile data. That 7.x mbps was likely a fluke. You'll know you're getting the faster speeds as they'll be significantly more than 5 mbps.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    VTtraveller - I suspect that the parts of VT where you get LTE data, but no 1x voice, are where US Cellular is the main CDMA carrier. Verizon has some native band 13 LTE there (and maybe B2/B4), but if you can't use VoLTE, you are stuck with US Cellular CDMA. As to why you can't roam voice at 25c/min, I am not familiar with your carrier's policies.

Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I see. I'd say even low end devices these days should be able to hit 30-40 mbps on either wifi or mobile data. That 7.x mbps was likely a fluke. You'll know you're getting the faster speeds as they'll be significantly more than 5 mbps.
    I ran a second mobile data test and got 206/5.77/0.2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    VTtraveller - I suspect that the parts of VT where you get LTE data, but no 1x voice, are where US Cellular is the main CDMA carrier. Verizon has some native band 13 LTE there (and maybe B2/B4), but if you can't use VoLTE, you are stuck with US Cellular CDMA. As to why you can't roam voice at 25c/min, I am not familiar with your carrier's policies.
    Thanks for bringing it back to topic. That makes sense and I hope VoLTE comes soon to the MVNOs so I can get voice in those locations.

Feedback Score
    Boom! Mobile supplies Unified Signal and UNSI supplies Puppy.

Does this mean I can follow the Boom thread to keep up with the coverage I’m getting with a Unified Signal VZW plan?

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VTtraveller View Post
    Does this mean I can follow the Boom thread to keep up with the coverage I’m getting with a Unified Signal VZW plan?
    No because sometimes they may choose to not implement something that we do in terms of features that could change coverage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VTtraveller View Post
    Thanks for bringing it back to topic. That makes sense and I hope VoLTE comes soon to the MVNOs so I can get voice in those locations.
    Actually I may have written a detail wrong. I think I am getting Extended LTE data but not Extended voice (which would have to be 1x since I don’t have VoLTE?). However, believe I am getting data and voice everywhere that my phone says Verizon.

I know that when I try to make a call in an Extended 1x area (probably USCellular like you said) it says I’m roaming and won’t complete the call.

This is all up I-91 on my way to work and because of the hills I just can’t get solid coverage on an MVNO. The best coverage I’ve had was many years ago using an old flip phone on Verizon postpaid. ATT prepaid comes close to Verizon postpaid but is about the same as a Verizon MVNO that doesn’t offer full extended coverage. I just don’t use enough minutes and data each month to justify paying the postpaid premium, so I guess I get what I pay for!

Another problem possibly with I-91 coverage is that it runs the border of VT and NH and ATT and USCellular have the CLR bands in VT and Verizon and USCellular in NH - that is one reason so many people up here use US Cellular.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Boom does offer VoLTE, if your phone was capable of it (on Verizon), although some people have reported difficulties in getting it provisioned.

Feedback Score
    Boom! Mobile supplies Unified Signal and UNSI supplies Puppy.
    I stand corrected.

Aaron Z

Feedback Score

Katherin "Kitty" White

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    IIRC, the contention (by Kitty et al) was that there are two people named Shawn White. One burned a bunch of people in a server hosting scam and the other is/was the CEO of Puppy Wireless.
    Tracnet's contention was that they were one and the same.

It should be interesting to see what happens going forward and if what caused Kitty to change from the position of "I am not going to sell Puppy until I retire" is made public.
    Perhaps it is like Boz1 suggested and Puppy was the "payment" for a stake in Unified Signal?

Aaron Z
    Kitty developed a health problem that I am sworn to keep confidential, and I will.
    That is why she left the industry.

Feedback Score
    My aunt is still on puppy and asked me to get her a new phone. I didn't realize how old hers was. She has an lg vortex which is I believe still 3g. I got her a note 3. I don't even know if there's a sim in the vortex! lol Do I need to buy a new sim or anything? I did ask on puppy help boards too. TIA

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TaroReadr View Post
    My aunt is still on puppy and asked me to get her a new phone. I didn't realize how old hers was. She has an lg vortex which is I believe still 3g. I got her a note 3. I don't even know if there's a sim in the vortex! lol Do I need to buy a new sim or anything? I did ask on puppy help boards too. TIA
    Yes, you will need to contact Puppy to get a SIM and transfer service over to that SIM. I would say it would be best to contact them directly
    If the current plan is a 3G only then you will need to choose another plan. I am not sure how they would facilitate a transfer from 3G only to 4G, but I suspect you will lose whatever is remaining on the current plan, so you might want to wait until it comes due, especially if it's a yearly plan.
    As long as the Vortex remains active on the account then it will grandfather over after the 1st of the year.

LIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE
    Please call : 800-724-7164
    SUPPORT Please direct all help requests to [email protected]
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    TaroReadr, I'm curious about the "puppy help boards" you mentioned. What is the URL for that? Thanks!

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast