Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 , Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / U.S.Cellular
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Lonely

Its lonely here.
    Jerry

Join uscc April 17 2004. Samsung Galaxy Note II , Galaxy Note 4 , Galaxy S 5

Verizon on 7/2011 Droid Razr Maxx , Droid 4 , Samsung Galaxy Note III

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Would have to say it's on the decline, not much faith in them being around much longer. Looking at where they are building out their profile looks like they are prepping for either a sell out or the zombie invasion........
    Hawk swoops down on his prey!!!!!

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I still visit but I don't want to get a new phone because my monthly bill will jump about $40 per month if I do.. It's CRAZY....

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I left for VZW a little over a month ago. My monthly bill went down $10/mo plus I got a new LG G3 phone in the deal. I did go down from 5GB data to 2GB, but since I only use about 1GB/mo that's ok, but the data speeds and widespread availability of 4G data have been a huge plus for me. I now have unlimited SMS and MMS texts too, which I didn't have under my USCC plan.

Too bad.... I generally liked USCC overall, but the poor data and unjustifiable high cost just didn't cut it for me anymore.

I just got my final bill from USCC and it shows a $32 credit balance. I guess I'll have to go to the local USCC store to figure out how to collect that since there seems to be no way to get the account zeroed out and my $32 refund online. Maybe I'll use it to buy some accessories or something at the store.
    "I'm not a control freak, I'm a control enthusiast"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think they're doing okay up here in Mendocino County in rural Northwestern California, a couple of years ago they opened a brand new store in Ukiah to replace the old one, and every time I go by it it seems to be fairly busy. My family in Laytonville are all when them because they have the best coverage there. That said, the competition and the competition's coverage here has increased a lot, from Verizon, AT&T and T Mobile, so I'm sure USCC is feeling the heat.

When I worked in sales for USCC in the Ukiah office back in the late 90's, USCC dominated, with the other carrier at the time, Contel/GTE (B Band) being a distant second, in fact, Contel/GTE used to program their phones out the door to Auto A because they knew their network was so bad, how times have changed.
    Last edited by ilvla2; 05-27-2015 at 02:52 AM. Reason: I

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here in NH the very few USCC stores rarely have people inside them. AT&T is pretty empty as well, with Verizon always packed with 30min+ wait times. Surprisingly T-Mobile seems to be doing a decent job here.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Contrary to some people's beliefs,US Cellular has been gaining customers.
    this site is dead because most people are now hanging out at teamuscellular.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166 View Post
    And posting at about the same rate as here. I hate to say it but I think things are not looking good for USCC as a whole. I hope that they do recover from all the negative press over the last couple of years but I think that T-Mobile might be the one that does them in, especially here in Iowa. I think T-Mobile took over I-Wireless here so I'm wondering if they are looking into this market.

Feedback Score
    iWireless was a T-mobile affiliate even 10 years ago, when I was still working at uscc. Similar to how Edge Wireless was an AT&T affiliate in NoCal before they were bought out.

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    They have just recently started to show up in commercials in the area as it looks like T-Mo does not have a footprint in Iowa. Off course USCC has that goofy "we have coverage where no one else does" commercial too.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkcell View Post
    They have just recently started to show up in commercials in the area as it looks like T-Mo does not have a footprint in Iowa. Off course USCC has that goofy "we have coverage where no one else does" commercial too.
    T-Mobile does have a local footprint, but it's not huge - - Des Moines metro up to Ames and then directly south.

It was my understanding that T-Mobile and I wireless have a non compete... I Wireless doesn't market or provide numbers in Des Moines/Ames and T-Mobile doesn't do the same for the rest of the state.

Seems to me I Wireless would be a prime buyout target - - except I think it's a co-op of a bunch of small telcos so that could get complex.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tearsonurcheek View Post
    iWireless was a T-mobile affiliate even 10 years ago, when I was still working at uscc. Similar to how Edge Wireless was an AT&T affiliate in NorCal before they were bought out.
    Yep, and in Southern Oregon, Southeastern Idaho and Jackson, WY, Edge's HQ was in Bend, OR, which actually was not an Edge Wireless market, but they had agreements set up so the employees used AT&T's network there as if it was their native one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166 View Post
    How many though? I just don't know how much longer they can hold out against the big guys.

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    How many though? I just don't know how much longer they can hold out against the big guys.
    One of many areas they need to improve on is roaming. With prices not much cheaper than Verizon/AT&T that offer nationwide voice and LTE, the only real incentive to stay with US Cellular is if you live in an area only serviced by them, which being rural won't gain you massive amounts of customers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast