Thread: Use it or lose it?

Device(s)
    SAM T404g
    Carrier(s)
    T-MO/TRAC/VZ
    Feedback Score

Question Use it or lose it?

Have two T-MOB phones-years old. Was gold rewards but now called Legacy plan. No intention of dumping as they make great emerg. phones. Renew and I get a year.
    Anyway I checked phones on My TMob. Says phone must be used by 5/14/15? Odd because I renewed in march 2015 and phones are good till March 2016.
    Made short 10 second phone call and now TMob page is giving correct date in 2016. Was thinking, must phone now be used sometimes to keep active? If so I got no warning from TMob about this rule change.

Feedback Score
    I just added $10 to one of my accounts a few minutes ago.
    I think what happened to you was just a glitch.
    I have been checking my accounts the last few days and have not seen what occurred to you on any of mine.

There is a number you can call to get your expiration date it is *3279 and choose option #2 for 'balance and minutes remaining' it will give you the expiration of your account too.
    Mine is now May 6th 2016 on that account.

I only rarely use this account and have not had anything like you encountered show up on my account on My T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by timdennis View Post
    Have two T-MOB phones-years old. Was gold rewards but now called Legacy plan. No intention of dumping as they make great emerg. phones. Renew and I get a year.
    Anyway I checked phones on My TMob. Says phone must be used by 5/14/15? Odd because I renewed in march 2015 and phones are good till March 2016.
    Made short 10 second phone call and now TMob page is giving correct date in 2016. Was thinking, must phone now be used sometimes to keep active? If so I got no warning from TMob about this rule change.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUP Mobile, FreedomPop, Google FiLTE, Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timdennis View Post
    myT-Mobile web page is known to be inaccurate from time to time, unfortunately. Agree with Snowy - what you were seeing was some sort of hiccup, and don't think you have to interpret it as a change in rules. I renewed in January of this year and the expiration date moved to 2016 as expected.
    Trying to come up with some sort of signature line...

Feedback Score
    I recently added over $10 to two legacy Paygo accounts at the local T-mobile store. One extended the expiration by 1 year. The other did not. I called customer service and they fixed it. In fact, they extended the expiration 14 months.

Something seems to be going on. I see another thread "$10=30 days" along the same lines. Hope it's just a temporary glitch and not an omen of things to come with respect to legacy Paygo accounts.

Bears watching your acct closely tho.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by drooper View Post
    In fact, they extended the expiration 14 months.
    This would not seem to be the kind of problem you want to complain too loudly about.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    This would not seem to be the kind of problem you want to complain too loudly about.
    Agree completely! Just trying to let folks know that I too had problems with T-Mobile's automatic extension of expiration date on a legacy Paygo account. They manually fixed it right away, but if I had not noticed and called, who knows whether it would have expired and lost the money on the account.

Again, I would just be vigilant if you have a legacy Paygo account.

Feedback Score
    I have a T-mobile $30/mo 5GB account that I haven't funded in a while (3-4 months), and yesterday I got a text warning me the account will be "suspended" if not funded within 30 days. Anyone know if a suspended account can be reactivated, or is it gone for good?

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by richardho View Post
    I have a T-mobile $30/mo 5GB account that I haven't funded in a while (3-4 months), and yesterday I got a text warning me the account will be "suspended" if not funded within 30 days. Anyone know if a suspended account can be reactivated, or is it gone for good?
    You might want to call T-Mobile and ask.
    You might have already lost your $30 plan, and if you have it can not be restored--if I recall correctly.
    It might now be on PAYGO if you fund it. This is why you need to call and ask about this.
    If is on PAYGO now, just $10 will keep it alive.