Thread: What was your first smartphone?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

What was your first smartphone?

My first smartphone was actually a flip phone running Windows Mobile. The Motorola MPx220. My friends called it the tank of cell phones. The speaker was quiet and the camera awful. Everyone always wanted to play that addictive bubble pop game. Oh the nostalgia.

The Samsung Blackjack was my next smartphone. It was an amazing phone at the time. It did everything I wanted and more. It was the first phone I had unlimited data on. This phone got me hooked on smartphones and I knew I would never use a basic phone again.

After than I went to the HTC/AT&T Tilt. Again it was an amazing phone for the time.

My first modern smartphone was the iPhone 3G. To be honest I wasn't that excited about it. It was a refurbished model and I paid $49 for it with an upgrade. Decided if I didn't like it I would just use it as an iPod. It took a few days but it grew on me. However I quickly figured out how limited iOS really was. I decided to jailbreak it and that was the best decision I could have made. The jailbroken iPhone did everything I wanted. Overall I was happy with the 3G so I decided to get the 3GS when it came out. By the time the iPhone 4 came out I was a pretty disappointed with Apple. The battery in both my iPhones started to decline around the 9 month mark. Each iOS update made the phone slower and slower. I quickly jumped off the Apple bandwagon.

My first andriod smartphone was the LG Thrill. It blew the iPhone away and I never looked back.
    Last edited by 3DThrillSeek; 05-05-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My first smartphone was the Motorola cliq from Tmobile in 2009. In 2010 I had the Verizon Motorola droid for a few weeks then I moved on to the droid incredible. I then had the HTC Thunderbolt and then the droid razr maxx. In 2013 I bought the HTC One M7. Last year I sold the Verizon version of the M7 for the AT&T version since I switched carriers and still using it today. At the end of the month, I will be getting the Alcatel Idol 3.

The best phone I had used was the droid incredible and the HTC One M7. The worse was the Thunderbolt, the extended battery make make the phone ugly and atrocious.
    Last edited by buglewe; 05-05-2015 at 06:14 AM.

Feedback Score
    Iphone 4 i really liked it

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I started out with a Samsung Blackjack which ran Windows Mobile, back in the days of loving a PDA but didn't want to have two devices. My first "real" smartphone was a Motorola Droid.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I started out with the Motorola MPx 200.
    I liked the blue and black that was used on the phone, advanced UI (at least for the time) and the design. The things I didn't like about it was that it ran hot, had poor reception and poor battery life.

I then got the Motorola MPx 220 once Cingular Wireless took over the AT&T Wireless network in So Cal. Then the first real smartphones I got was the HTC Wizard/Cingular 8125 and the Treo 750.

And, when I didn't feel like using anything Windows Mobile based, I just simply used the Motorola V60, V600/V635 and RAZR.

After I left the Windows Mobile platform I started dabbling with the iPhone 3G and BB Bold 9000 to where I am today. I stuck with the Windows Mobile platform for smartphones for a good 5-6 years before I decided to call it quits and try out the iOS and BB platform. Android is a relatively new platform for me starting with the HTC Inspire 4G from AT&T.
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 05-05-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    The humble Kyocera Hydro. I even had data on Boost mobile for a month and a half before it dried up.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, VZW
    Feedback Score
    AT&T Tilt / HTC 8925

Was a pretty good phone at the time. Even with AT&T's garbage 3G network back then.

Carrier(s)
    Telus $70/20GB (with family discount)
    Feedback Score

Toronto

Mine was... my avatar!

Name:  visorphone-with-prism.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  62.2 KB
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Feedback Score
    Mine was the HTC Dash on T-Mobile.
    It was the first trade with my cell phone Mentor.

My first Android was the G1.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Optimus L90

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 4 XL, Google Pixel 3 XL, iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Motorola Atrix.

I suppose the phone I have now is multiple logical evolutions of it...