Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New SERO Unlimited plan to replace all others??

Feedback Score
    I've had the SERO Premium plan for years. I chatted with a rep to change my device (because I could not do it online) a couple of days ago. I reviewed my account today and they switched me from SERO Premium to SERO Unlimited. They made no mention of this and did this change without my knowledge. I was paying $40 + $10 (Premium Data) for a total of $50/Month. Now I am paying $60/Month. The $10 Premium Data charge was absorbed into the $60.
    But you probably had only a certain amount of minutes per month
    with the new plan you have everything unlimited and roaming too.
    So the $60 is not a bad deal at all. Can't get that at any other carrier for that price and probably not even on
    prepaid.
    I don't work for Sprint, but have never had an issue that they changed something without consent.
    You also get an e-mail if there is a change in your account. Time enough to change back.
    not worth in making a big deal out of a small issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellwizzard View Post
    So the $60 is not a bad deal at all. Can't get that at any other carrier for that price and probably not even on
    prepaid.
    I don't work for Sprint, but have never had an issue that they changed something without consent.
    You also get an e-mail if there is a change in your account. Time enough to change back.
    I'd be pretty annoyed if they switched my plan without asking me. I have no use for unlimited minutes or roaming...certainly not for an additional $120.00 / year. Over a decade, that change will cost the user over a $1,000 dollars.

Feedback Score
    prepaid.
    Indeed, the $10 increase is a bad deal. Thing is, SERO of old (Sprint Employee Referral Offer), is a totally different animal than the $60 SERO his/her plan was switched to.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE/]I'd be pretty annoyed if they switched my plan without asking me. I have no use for unlimited minutes or roaming...certainly not for an additional $120.00 / year. Over a decade, that change will cost the user over a $1,000 dollars[/QUOTE]

simply explained you loose your limited amount of minutes per month. It now goes to unlimited.
    so what's bad about that.

If one is such a penny pincher and whines for every dollar, I recommend to go to a pre-paid plan as they offer a lower rate and real savings.
    But no they won't because they loose the advantage of getting a subsidized phone from Sprint for cheap.
    Love those who whine for every dollar and constantly complain and nothing is done right for them

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    Indeed, the $10 increase is a bad deal. Thing is, SERO of old (Sprint Employee Referral Offer), is a totally different animal than the $60 SERO his/her plan was switched to.
    SERO = Separating Employee Retention Offer

Feedback Score

simply explained you loose your limited amount of minutes per month. It now goes to unlimited.
    so what's bad about that.

If one is such a penny pincher and whines for every dollar, I recommend to go to a pre-paid plan as they offer a lower rate and real savings.
    But no they won't because they loose the advantage of getting a subsidized phone from Sprint for cheap.
    Love those who whine for every dollar and constantly complain and nothing is done right for them
    This isn't about being a penny pincher or whining for every dollar. It is about Sprint changing a plan without notifying the user. Whether unlimited minutes for additional $120.00 a year is a good value depends on the customer.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It's all good. I contacted them and they restored my SERO Premium 500 plan for $50.

Feedback Score
    That's something totally different from SERO of old (Sprint Employee Referral Offer). Agreed?

Device(s)
    Touch pro
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    I do agree that Sero is not as good a deal as previous. The phone sup makes me stay. But I know I can go to prepaid (boost, stright talk, virgin) with my a phone for 35-45 a month unlimited everything. I often thought if I buy a phone outright and use it for a year and resell for the newest model I would be ahead but that has a large hassle factor. Almost as much as figuring out what sprint will do next. IMHO

Carrier(s)
    Verizon AT&T Dual SIM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EJFudd View Post
    I do agree that Sero is not as good a deal as previous. The phone sup makes me stay. But I know I can go to prepaid (boost, stright talk, virgin) with my a phone for 35-45 a month unlimited everything. I often thought if I buy a phone outright and use it for a year and resell for the newest model I would be ahead but that has a large hassle factor. Almost as much as figuring out what sprint will do next. IMHO
    Yeah, Boost, ST and Cricket are all offering 5GB/unlimited talk and text at $45 a month inclusive of taxes and fees. Even buying your phone outright (say $750 for a 64gb 6S), you're looking at ~$1900/2 yrs.

Compare to SERO 500 ($55 a month w/taxes + $350 subsidized phone + $36 upgrade fee = ~$1700). SERO is still cheaper but they're getting close - spread over 2 years it's only about $8 a month difference, really. And going with ST or cricket you get much more comprehensive coverage and more consistent speed (even if it's capped - 8Mbps for Cricket and 5 Mbps for ST-VZW.) Cricket even offers unlimited roaming in mexico or canada.

If you need unlimited data, SERO is still the obvious winner.

FWIW, I called telesales and they were able to upgrade me to a 6S without changing my plan. So I'll save my $8 a month and I'm locked in for another two years. After that - I guess we'll see.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopsz View Post

FWIW, I called telesales and they were able to upgrade me to a 6S without changing my plan. So I'll save my $8 a month and I'm locked in for another two years. After that - I guess we'll see.
    What's telesales direct number?

Feedback Score

The way

I am seeing a lot of wacky and wild ways to try and activate a sero. The unlimited plan has NOT replaced the 500 minute $50 sero-p plan. Here is what you need to do:

Order online. I actually logged into my sprint account and viewed the eligible upgrades. You will see only leased phone prices (for suckers of course). Once you click on the phone that you want (with the lease price showing) there will be different options, one of them being "pay in full." I chose the $199.99 iPhone 64 gb, but then noticed that the 128gb was the same price. Didn't mind getting a 6 instead of 6s for way way cheaper. While it will show your sero plan during the checkout process (I took a screenshot of that), you will still have to activate when you receive it. It will not activate online as the instructions mention when the phone arrives.

Call 8662641282. This was a very competent group of people that know what the sero-p is. There was no wait. I even called ahead to make sure the activation would be OK. They said, "yes, sero-p is still active in the system."
    I had no trouble at all upgrading to an iPhone 6 and keeping my sero-p with this plan. I think that sprint could be going to lease only though, so "sooner rather than later" is probably a good plan.

Device(s)
    Touch pro
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    Great post on your sero. And your first one....WOW.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    According to this link, there's a $45 SERO unlimited plan for lease or easy pay

http://www.sprint.com/webconversionf...thing_Plus.pdf
    I don't see this mentioned when shopping online (logged in using [email protected] email address)

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the $70 unlimited plan with this program vs the $60 unlimited plan listed on the normal consumer site.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone else being told on Sprint's website they are eligible for an upgrade even though they are in contract and not eligible for a subsidy upgrade? Looks like lease is only option.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast