Thread: Online text/SMS service in Canada

Device(s)
    Motorola K1m Telus
    Feedback Score

Online text/SMS service in Canada

Do Telus/Bell/Rogers/Fido offer a paid text/SMS service which is truly online/internet based? Similar to GoogleVoice in USA. That works as follows. Being logged in to my online account, I will be able to receive incoming text messages sent at my cell number (with my cell phone being OFF). And, likewise, being able to send out text messages online (as if the messages are sent out from my actual cell phone).

Feedback Score
    Don't know.

But If you have an iPhone, it does this. I love it.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rybshikrybshik View Post
    Do Telus/Bell/Rogers/Fido offer a paid text/SMS service which is truly online/internet based? Similar to GoogleVoice in USA. That works as follows. Being logged in to my online account, I will be able to receive incoming text messages sent at my cell number (with my cell phone being OFF). And, likewise, being able to send out text messages online (as if the messages are sent out from my actual cell phone).
    Skype has such set up. But only US# is available.

Device(s)
    Motorola K1m Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtong22 View Post
    Skype has such set up. But only US# is available.
    For US texting, I have US Gvoice number

Device(s)
    N5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by redgrandam View Post
    Don't know.

But If you have an iPhone, it does this. I love it.

via the HoFo App
    Doesn't that only work if its an apple user sending you a text, it bypasses the cell network entirely and uses the apple message service?

if anyone with a standard cell phone, android, blackberry, microsoft device or uses the online web to sms gateway provided by some carriers sends you the message you wont get it while offline.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rybshikrybshik View Post
    Rogers does with "Rogers One Number", which is available included with plans starting at as low as $30/month. It is exactly as you describe, turn your phone off and use a web portal for both incoming and outgoing SMS, as well as incoming and outgoing phone calls over VoIP, all of it appearing to the other parties as if it came from your phone.

I hear TELUS is dropping a similar service, but it's not officially launched yet last I knew.
    Sent from my WIN HD LTE via the HowardForums WP7 App
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)