Thread: suggestion on BYOD plan

Feedback Score

suggestion on BYOD plan

Hi There

My wife's current usage is about 250MB to 380MB of data per month -- she does makes phone calls, but it is hardly anything. At most 50 minutes per month. What's the best plan to go with fido and other carriers? Any promotions going on now? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoot View Post
    Hi There

My wife's current usage is about 250MB to 380MB of data per month -- she does makes phone calls, but it is hardly anything. At most 50 minutes per month. What's the best plan to go with fido and other carriers? Any promotions going on now? Thanks.
    She can try Cityfone or any of the Cityfone 'subsidiaries' ( e.g. Royal Bank talk and save , Zoomer wireless). For example for the $40 smartphone plan she gets 500MB and 200 canadawide daytime minutes, unlimited evenings and weekends. On a contract (2 years) , Royal talk and save has an unadvertised double data and minutes which runs till the end of April (according to a Redflagdeals post i read), so for $40 she will get 400 daytime minutes and 1GB of data for 2 years. One thread indicated the double voice and data will continue after 2 years although i do not know if that will still apply on a month-to-month.
    I moved a daughter from Koodo to Zoomer wireless when they had the double data and voice late last year. Earlier this month i got the $40 plan for my son and when i later read about the Royal double data and voice a day later, i called in to switch, and was also offered the double data and voice deal on zoomer wireless ( since they are all under Cityfone ) although i do not get the 10% zoomer discount on a contract. I got the Samsung Lte core phone and sold it since my son also has his own phone.
    Cityfone (is a reseller owned by Rogers wireless) uses the Rogers network and you get LTE and the extended coverage. International texts are included (which Fido now charges extra for). I believe for the Royal talk and save plan, one needs a Royal Bank account or credit card. Looks like a few other sites also offering the 3 months 50% off might be using Cityfone (e.g. Sears connect, simplyconnect.ca which might be affiliated to Scotia bank) and you can try them if you are interested in the double voice/data by mentioning the Royal talk and save promotion.
    Just checked and 'sears connect' is showing the double data and voice promotion on the smartphone and blackberry plans.

Device(s)
    1+1
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Hi There

Where do you live?, the main issue in Canada is where u live, for some reason carriers here still believe u deserve better treatment if u live in x or z place.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrry View Post
    Where do you live?, the main issue in Canada is where u live, for some reason carriers here still believe u deserve better treatment if u live in x or z place.
    The treatment isn't based on where you live but rather if there is a competent competitor who is willing to charge realistic rates.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z10, LG G2, Nokia N9, LG Optimus V
    Feedback Score
    Hi There

I would check out Koodo's new plans that launched today.

300min/MB for $33 or 500min/MB for $38

Feedback Score
    Wind is always an option

via the HoFo App