Thread: Apple Watch "Pre-Order"

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Apple Watch "Pre-Order"

I just gotta say I am SO disappointed in Apple. First of all they announce the Apple Watch in September 2014, then 6 months later March 2015 announce pre-orders for 4/10 with availability 4/24 then sell out in a matter of minutes??? What the F. Really??? I know it's just a device but really??? At 2:14am CST there were literally NO 4/24 shipments available. Just gotta rant. IT IRRITATES ME.

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    Yup. That first batch (April 24 delivery) sold out by 3:05 I heard. Then second rounds (which I go) ships may 13-26; and by he time I was done my order (3:15) it was shopping for June.

So either they absolutely did not make enough at all OR its an unbelievable massive launch for them.
    When we get sales reports Monday-ish , we will see.
    My Plans (Rogers): Biz Share Flex $80 (unlim stuff w 4gig) + $35 second line.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I signed in around 3:01 EST, only 38mm models had 4/24 shipping date, and a single 42mm model with a leather band. Ended up ordering Stainless Stell with link with 4-6 weeks estimated shipping. It definitely had to do with a global launch in quite a few major countries.

It is what it is. I'll just wait it out.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Feedback Score
    Hello fellow Apple fan. I am planning to buy the Apple Watch Sport 42mm Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band. Should I select stainless steel instead? If so, what are the major factor from Alumnium and stainless steel? I am still debating, and wish to hear some advice, as I am 4 months new to Apple ecosystem.

Any information would be most appreciated, thank you. :-)

Feedback Score
    Guys, is it just me, or are these crazy expensive??? I really like them, but i wish it wasnt that expensive for a companion device that needs iPhone.

I mean, i walked through the order process for the stainless steel black with link, and the friggin thing came out to $1k.

Then again, TAGs are going for 3k , 4k

I mean, do general people around have this kind of money??

via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

Apple Watch "Pre-Order"

Yes most people have the money for the cheapest one: about $350 and others the higher price Apple watches. The secret is to go to college and get a job.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They do come at a price, but at the same time they don't look and feel like they came out of a cereal box like android wear.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Just another "rant" what is the purpose of the 4/24 launch if they will NOT have any inventory? What is the benefit...you can go to the store to order & wait 6-8 weeks? Just sayin.....doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (R.I.P. AIO)
    Feedback Score
    The price would be an easier pill to swallow without the lingering knowledge that historically, Apple's support of their first generation model within a new product line, has been extremely poor. If you owned a first generation iPad, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I also can't think of a single practical reason why I'd want this thing, other than it's making my ADD go all "Oooh, shiny".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    The price would be an easier pill to swallow without the lingering knowledge that historically, Apple's support of their first generation model within a new product line, has been extremely poor. If you owned a first generation iPad, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I also can't think of a single practical reason why I'd want this thing, other than it's making my ADD go all "Oooh, shiny".
    I hear ya bro....i just dont understand the point...not having to reach into your pocket? Even if you work alot with your hands...what text or call is so important that it cant wait for you to stop what your doing and then get to your phone....just don't understand it, other than again as you said it , ooh shiny...

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I ordered last night 4/24 online and its shipping for delivery on 4/28... Received UPS email this afternoon with tracking number.

Okay I decided to jump on the developer offer of guaranteed ship by date of 4/28 offer that was sent out to developers and I had no choice, darn blue band sport model but I can't justify the $1499CAD stainless steel model I would actually want.

I still shake my head at the fact I just spent $519 CAD on this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_AL View Post
    I ordered last night 4/24 online and its shipping for delivery on 4/28... Received UPS email this afternoon with tracking number.

Okay I decided to jump on the developer offer of guaranteed ship by date of 4/28 offer that was sent out to developers and I had no choice, darn blue band sport model but I can't justify the $1499CAD stainless steel model I would actually want.

I still shake my head at the fact I just spent $519 CAD on this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk
    Damn how do I become a developer??😁