Thread: It Just Keeps Getting Better

Device(s)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down It Just Keeps Getting Better

Well now that I have my number back, I decided to add AutoPay to my account to take advantage of the extra free 500Mb of data.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...erizon-Prepaid

So a few days ago I added my CC and the auto-payment details showing a payment date of 10 April and a plan renewal date of 12 April are now on the account page.

Strange, I thought, the 500Mb is not showing. An online chat revealed that the extra data will not show until the AutoPay actually processes, which is 10 April 2015. OK I will accept that even though the online description of this offer did not say anything about having to process the payment; it only said "sign up" to receive the extra data.

Fast forward to today 10 April and there is the $45 AutoPay credit showing but no extra data. Here we go down the rabbit hole again.

To add another layer to the story, there was a $45 credit on the account that Verizon tossed me for the aggravation of my number port so now my available balance is $90 - the auto-payment + the credit. If the account did not need money, and had a balance large enough to pay for the next service period, why did Verizon feel the need to take another $45.00? ( Yea, I know it is about the cash flow )

What a messed up outfit.
    Last edited by pendetim; 04-10-2015 at 07:03 AM. Reason: add link to port from hell

Carrier(s)
    Verizon PrePaid, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    The additional "bonus" data is often late to post to your account.

I have also never seen it reported correctly using My Verizon app on my phone but it does appear when I go to the Verizon Account web page.

When I initially signed up for auto-pay, the additional data got credited after the first auto-pay processed but for the following two months I had to call CS to get the data. It has worked fine since then.

I also got tangled up in their crazy system the first time I purchased an add-on data package. I bought and paid for the package on-line, my credit card was charged but I still had to call CS to complete the REAL purchase.

Good luck!!!

Device(s)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was looking at the www web page, not the phone app.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon PrePaid, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    If your plan renew date is on the 12th, new balances will not be reflected on web page until the 13th.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    I just assume the "extra 500" is to lure people in but never actually materializes, at least not without a lot of time chatting w/customer service. That was my experience at least. I set my account to auto pay back when the $45 was just 500mb/month, first auto renew I had t call in and get it fixed. Second month it still didn't show up automatically so I ended the autopay. If I take advantage of discounted PINs then it's about the same price-wise anyway, since I get the discount plus no taxes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mowgie View Post
    I just assume the "extra 500" is to lure people in but never actually materializes, at least not without a lot of time chatting w/customer service. That was my experience at least. I set my account to auto pay back when the $45 was just 500mb/month, first auto renew I had t call in and get it fixed. Second month it still didn't show up automatically so I ended the autopay. If I take advantage of discounted PINs then it's about the same price-wise anyway, since I get the discount plus no taxes.
    I don't do the autopay either. If you buy your refills from CallingMart, they will already be discounted. Plus, they offer frequent specials for even better rates. In the end, the extra 500mb for autopay is really not worth it one iota.

Device(s)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, good news, finally. A few days after the plan auto renewed, the extra data is showing on the available balance page.

However another minor gripe: there was a $45 credit on the account at the time renewal was due. However they charged my credit Card for $45.60 any way ( $45.00 service + $0.60 Delaware E911 fee ).