Thread: Promo for Mobilicity customers changing or getting discontinued on April 9?

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score

Promo for Mobilicity customers changing or getting discontinued on April 9?

Wind will get five new talk and text plans tomorrow: $25 for no Internet, $35 for 2 GB, $40 for 3 GB, $45 for 5 GB and $50 for 10 GB. (Slower speeds occur after GB allowance used.) With that in mind, will Wind be changing or discontinuing its "Mobi Customers Offer" on April 9?
    LABcrab
    Free TV! youtu.be/CnbicDLObNQ Also, helping out with TV Rogers shows!
    WIND: $10 Clever / $10 Surf A Little (switched) / $25 Province
    WINDows apps (for any carrier): BarlowGirlBrittany HargestZOEgirlsee more…
    SpeedTest: 19915748 (Wind) and 15864082 (Fido)!

Feedback Score
    They shouldn't. I don't think so. Maybe change it once the 6 months are up or most likely if you upgrade your phone.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    You know, if one of the Big 3 had made such a blatantly predatory offer of free service to the customers of a new entrant on life-support, everyone would be up in arms.

Ostensibly posted to speculate on what Wind might do in the next 24 hours, in the Mobilicity forum this thread starter effectively promotes something indecent, again. 'grab it while you still can'..

Your intention couldn't have been to push Wind's new max-the-ARPU plans to Mobi users, could it?

I'm guessing the promo with mortal intent will be killed. I have to think Krstajic and MacLellan have more sense, or business ethics, or something, than the recently departed.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    How is that? No one was screaming and yelling when the Big-3 made up special plans for Microcell customers back in the day.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Feedback Score
    Give em hell PJ!! Give em hell!!

I believe Krstajic will do a better job.He has worked for Rogers and Bell so maybe he can get a better roaming deal, preferably on BELLUS. But as one poster said on another thread.Maybe a sale to Quebecor. To that I say HELL NO!!! Not Wind or Mobi to Quebecor. They are the most deceitful telecom in Canada!! Won't go into examples. Too many to tell.

I did read that at one time,Bell was not allowed predatory pricing against Videotron. This goes way back. To protect Videotron. Maybe I read or remember the article wrong.

To be fair fruvous, people were not as weaned on cell phones as they are now.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    You know, if one of the Big 3 had made such a blatantly predatory offer of free service to the customers of a new entrant on life-support, everyone would be up in arms.
    They did and they were

Big3 were offering all kinds of incentives (free call display/voice mail, free port credits etc) back in the day & Wind fanboys screamed murder
    Heck look at the Chatr launch even
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    No one was screaming and yelling when the Big-3 made up special plans for Microcell customers
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    They did and they were
    Free service for half a year? no charges whatsoever?

The "promo" has been removed.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Free service for half a year? no charges whatsoever?
    Definitely
    In some cases they were paying out $400 per line + features for life of contract (in Bell's case, $12 x 36 months or $15 x 36 months)
    That is over $800 in freebies handed out

Even on a $60 smartphone plan, the $400 bill credit would offset 6 months of service (remember this was back in the days before plans were $85+)

At the height of the madness I advised a few friends, sign up contract, get $400 bill credit, then cancel line and change to the 10% BYOP plans (which gave even greater incentives to port)

Trust me on those share plans & INDV plans LOTS of Wind clients ported over