Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking BS from GoPhone

Feedback Score
    Whoever said AMAZON for the SIM - thank you!

I see they have 1 cent Lycamobile SIMS

I ordered one each from 2 different sellers, hoping that at least one will arrive. Used 2 cents from my Discover cashback.

THANK YOU!

These will be perfect for future "testing" or unlocking of any AT&T phone using micro-sim.

It doesn't look like Lyca makes a nano-SIM, but I am now happily convinced that the phone is unlocked and will be OK when I go abroad since I saw the iTunes confirmation. Now just need to do my GS4.....

Re: the GS4, I attempted it as a GoPhone customer and they gave me some BS about not being a customer for at least 6 months. Of course it has probably been 10 months. And neither of those equals the 60 DAYS that it clearly states in the rules on the unlocking website. Idiots.

So now I will try it as a "non AT&T customer" as that worked with the iPhone. It didn't work with the second iPhone that I bought and need to re-sell, so perhaps that phone is indeed still on someone's plan at AT&T and isn't paid off yet.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    As I stated in a previous reply in this thread, the six months apply to GoPhone while the sixty days apply to postpaid service.

Postpaid Customers

Your account must be active for at least 60 days, with no past due or unpaid balance.

Prepaid / GoPhone®

The device must be active for at least six months of paid service.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I just bought a T-Mobile nano sim to try it for 99 cents free shipping. Should be here by the 17th.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    As I stated in a previous reply in this thread, the six months apply to GoPhone while the sixty days apply to postpaid service.
    oops you are correct sir

Anyway, in about 4 minutes after just requesting the unlock as a NON-CUSTOMER, they sent me the "congratulations" email.....and I have my unlock code for the Galaxy. Again begging the question about why they won't unlock me as a recognized customer but they will as a non-customer for a phone that they know is actively being used by one of their customers on their GoPhone network. Strange.

But I don't care about their stupidity, I'm just glad to get the unlock code.

Now I just need to get one of those 1 cent SIMS in the mail and I should be golden!

Carrier(s)
    VZW Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Glad to hear that the Amazon suggestion worked. Back a couple years ago when I was looking to jump off Virgin Mobile and was looking into all the various MVNOs I stocked up on the $.01 SIMs off Amazon for H2O, Lyca, Red Pocket, and a couple others. In fact I'm pretty sure I still have most of them tucked away in a drawer somewhere.

Since they're just a penny most sellers in my experience just ship it in a plain envelope via standard mail. You should have it in 3-5 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Altanis View Post
    Glad to hear that the Amazon suggestion worked. Back a couple years ago when I was looking to jump off Virgin Mobile and was looking into all the various MVNOs I stocked up on the $.01 SIMs off Amazon for H2O, Lyca, Red Pocket, and a couple others. In fact I'm pretty sure I still have most of them tucked away in a drawer somewhere.

Since they're just a penny most sellers in my experience just ship it in a plain envelope via standard mail. You should have it in 3-5 days.
    The only negative was there don't seem to be genuine nano sized Sims at this option. However I do get the unlocked confirm from iTunes for iPhone so until I step up to an Android that requires nano, I'm okay with micro for a penny

Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    The only negative was there don't seem to be genuine nano sized Sims at this option. However I do get the unlocked confirm from iTunes for iPhone so until I step up to an Android that requires nano, I'm okay with micro for a penny
    Standard/Micro to Nano Sim cutter for less than $5 with free shipping, all from U.S. sellers.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...&rt=nc&LH_FS=1

Currently about 2 dozen available. Some even include a free SIM tray eject tool.

I bought one a couple of years ago. May be using it for the first time this summer when I go to Brazil, with my Moto Maxx.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    You know that micro is a bit thicker than the nano, right? You will have to file it down a bit otherwise, it'd get stucked inside the sim slot.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quit being a cheap a$$. Buy the right size SIM card. There won't be any issues.

Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    You know that micro is a bit thicker than the nano, right? You will have to file it down a bit otherwise, it'd get stucked inside the sim slot.

Yes, the original nano sims were a shade thinner than micro sims produced at that time, back in 2012.

But now, as most companies produce all sizes, I'm willing to bet there is no actual difference anymore? Would make sense for all current micro sims to be the same as nano sims, just with extra plastic padding. These companies would make the SAME SIM, but just in different sizes -- with various amounts of plastic padding.

As proof, most cut standard/micro sims will fit into a nano sim tray.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...micro-sim.html
    In theory, the cut SIM also should be "sanded down" to reduce its thickness, but many Mini or Micro SIM cards are thin enough already to fit in the standard Nano SIM carrier without the need to do so.
    Yes, some people do file the plastic edge (not the circuitry!), if needed, to make it fit exactly into the nano tray. You are using a template cutter, which leaves "blunt" edges. But also not necessary all the time.

These SIM card cutters are used all the time.

MICRO SIM, NANO SIM

http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...ne-m8-0154010/

The template suggests you use sandpaper to smooth off the edges, but as long as your newly cut SIM card fits in the SIM tray of your M8, it's all good. If the edges seem rough, you can use your fingernail to smooth them over if you don't have sandpaper lying around.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 04-14-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    Quit being a cheap a$$. Buy the right size SIM card. There won't be any issues.
    nano = .026
    micro = .033

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1. I have pretty much that exact SIM cutter; works perfectly. I'd bet it's the exact same model that the local "mom & pop" cell phone places around me use. I paid $4 on Amazon for it ~2.years back.

2. SIM card thickness/sanding: It depends.
    Vodafone SIM: I cut it and it needed no filing. Went from mini to nano.
    Current AT&T SIMS: Fit, but fit perfectly with 4-5 passes of a nail file. Went from micro to nano.
    Cricket SIM: I haven't had to cut it, so I don't know.

Device(s)
    LG H631
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I practiced cutting SIMS into micros for like 10-20 tries just with a small scissor and template back in the ST glory days.

Then when it came time to cut the real active SIM I totally screwed it up. Lol.

No more.

If I have to I'd use those SIM cutters now.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The SIM cards which fit behind the battery may allow more leeway than those which have to fit onto a tray and be slid into a slot on the top, side or bottom of the telephone. It is easy to remove the former if it slips off or through the adapter in the case of smaller form factors being used in telephones requiring larger form factor SIM cards.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    if I had to, I just stop by an at&t corporate store, no charge but they have to provision the sim to the phone, some folks I know when update comes around, the phone will be able to download but will not install, phone imei is not provision to sim

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast