Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sim question

Feedback Score

Sim question

Hi everyone. I currently have a samsung galaxy s3 with Verizon Wireless. I have for testing purposes a prepaid tmobile phone but that is not the important part here. My phone is unlocked because I have used it with the T Mobile SIM card even though data does not work voice only. My question is will my verizon samsung galaxy s3 be compatible with the cricket network and if so to what degree. I am Not sure what bands this thing has. Also when I get the sim inactivated which I am not sure how that process works can you tell me? When it is done is there anything I have to do special on my phone in order to get it to work or just switch it from LTE CDMA to GSM like I do when putting in my tmobile sim. How do I get my number activated when I first get it? Also since this is for testing purposes only I would probably be canceling the number after a month. Since it is prepaid what do i do just not put any more money on the account Like I said it is for testing purposes only as we may be switching from Verizon as I feel it is very expensive. can I go to a store and grab a SIM card.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It will work on cricket .. But the s3 will only get 2g data because it doesn't have at&t 4g/LTE bands. To get it to work u just pop it in.. I'll send u a PM on how to get free Sims and pay no activation fees, etc

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I put my Cricket sim in my wife's old Verizon Galaxy S3 and got no data at all, just voice and text. I am in NC.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Great thank you I kinda figured as much. Same with tmobile. How about my moms iPhone 5c factory unlocked from Verizon. Should be compatible with all networks according to website.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech guy4 View Post
    Great thank you I kinda figured as much. Same with tmobile. How about my moms iPhone 5c factory unlocked from Verizon. Should be compatible with all networks according to website.
    Yes it'll work.
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Sim question

No, the Verizon Samsung galaxy S3 will not work on cricket! I am in the same market as the OP, I have tried it and it does not work. Iphones will work great though. We moved our four lines from Verizon to cricket six weeks ago. We have two iPhone 5, one iPhone 5S, and one iPhone 6.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    U have to switch in ur mobile network to global for it to work..talk and text will work and data but data will be 2g

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Sim question

I did that exact thing. No data here in Charlotte, NC. No mms either. Maybe it has something to do with AT&T being on 1900mhz here?

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Ya'll also need to make sure the correct APN is added and selected.
    WiFi Guru

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ahhhh. That makes sense. Thanks.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    So this phone is simply not compatible with the network. Is that correct? I am Not sure if the setting are correct or not but I would assume so since voice is working. Would it make any difference to put it on global network rather than GSM? I do not want to fool with AP ends As I am afraid I will not be able to get them back correct when I put back in my Verizon SIM card and do not want to screw up my phone. I assume it just won't work which is just fine.

Device(s)
    ZTE Source N9511
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    CricKet is moving to a GSM market (AT&T) while Verizon is a CDMA network. You cannot switch your phone from CDMA to GSM, it just does not work that way. CricKet used to be CDMA & is in the process of closing down their CDMA network contracts, my market will stop supporting CDMA in August, some have already stopped. If you are still on the old CDMA network you can swap your CDMA phone for another, but it will phase out within the year. If your Verizon phone has a SIM it is just for the 4G LTE, like CricKet had for the last year. The only US providers that use GSM are AT&T & T-Mobile, or their subsidized services. Sprint, Verizon, etc. phones will not work on the new CricKet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LostOnline View Post
    CricKet is moving to a GSM market (AT&T) while Verizon is a CDMA network. You cannot switch your phone from CDMA to GSM, it just does not work that way. CricKet used to be CDMA & is in the process of closing down their CDMA network contracts, my market will stop supporting CDMA in August, some have already stopped. If you are still on the old CDMA network you can swap your CDMA phone for another, but it will phase out within the year. If your Verizon phone has a SIM it is just for the 4G LTE, like CricKet had for the last year. The only US providers that use GSM are AT&T & T-Mobile, or their subsidized services. Sprint, Verizon, etc. phones will not work on the new CricKet.
    No.

An unlocked Sprint or Verizon device that supports both GSM and CDMA bands will work on cricket. But you may not have any data, like others have stated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wifiguru View Post
    Ya'll also need to make sure the correct APN is added and selected.
    The Cricket APN settings are posted here:
    Android: https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...n-android.html
    Windows: https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...ws-device.html

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    It will work on cricket .. But the s3 will only get 2g data because it doesn't have at&t 4g/LTE bands. To get it to work u just pop it in.. I'll send u a PM on how to get free Sims and pay no activation fees, etc
    Could you please PM me this info as well. Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast