Thread: Question/Opinion/Suggestion.....

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question Question/Opinion/Suggestion.....

This question is regarding my girlfriend. She has an iPhone 6+, and upstairs in her room she is getting -112dBm/ 1 dot sometimes 2 dots of signal on her cell phone. Downstairs in the living room and all around, and outside she gets 2-3 dots of signal on her cell phone. But around town she gets like 3-5 dots of signal on her cell phone. Anyways, my question is, whatever tower she is connected too/her cell phone is connected too inside her house, is there a way to call Verizon and see if they can maybe tweek or turn up the power a little on the tower so she gets a little more signal power on her phone or what other suggestions/opinions do ya'll recommend? Thanks!
    ICanHearYouNow

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How do you know she is on the same tower or even the same band for that matter ?

Feedback Score
    Um, no, I'm sorry to say the idea is laughable.

Try other carriers - via cheap no-contract deals.

Consider a femtocell

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    "Hey Verizon, it's me. I was wondering if you could crank up the power on a local tower, just a bit, to help out my girlfriend."

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The "best" they might do is offer to sell you/her a network extender for $250.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I hate to tell you "I Can Hear You Now"
    I started cell phone service in 1991 on centel cellular, amps service, bag phone, then they were bought out I guess if I remember right by 360 communications and then by alltel and finally, Verizon.
    I was with them all and stayed with Verizon and even let my great alltel plan go and then my unlimited data with Verizon, added my entire family to my plan, 8 lines including the home phone connect and an ipad.
    My mother in law live 2/ 10 ths of a mile from the Verizon tower, has always had full signal in her yard and 3 bars in the house no trouble making calls.
    Then one day for no reason she couldn't make or receive calls, still full signal just would not work.
    I bought a new phone still no go, could make calls just north of the tower and 2 miles south of it just not in between.
    I couldn't get Verizon to fix that and I was spending over 300 dollars a month with them.
    I have left Verizon and switched to US Cellular and have not had one minutes trouble making and receiving calls.
    So the answer is no they wont do that for you at all.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Also, is that 112 reading with the iphone connected to LTE?
    And is she having problems making calls and receiving calls?
    And lastly check your other thread where I just stated that to check calling signal DBM on an iphone to turn cellular data off and then do test mode to get a true calling DBM reading

Feedback Score
    Like another poster said if she can make and receive calls and get online I don't understand why the signal needs to be improved. it sounds like the signal is fine. How are phone calls working. Is the data working? if everything works why change it. if it is not working that is a different matter.